New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

58 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lololol ab used us to get out of pitt lol

then turned on dc lol

Yeah that sucked and my argument pretty much blew up there.  Well, hopefully we can still convince some good players to sign with us.  

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t believe you anymore. I literally think you make up your connections and make this stuff up on the fly. Carr is on razor thin ice if he starts the 2020 season. 

I have never needed anyone to believe me. I don't discuss things on this board for people to believe me. I don't promote my podcast, my website, or anything of that matter on this site. It isn't my intention for people to "Believe" me about my connections. 

Why do you think that you KNOW he is on razor this ice? I am genuinely curious why you are so adamant that he is on thin ice? What evidence is there of this?

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Yeah that sucked and my argument pretty much blew up there.  Well, hopefully we can still convince some good players to sign with us.  

Trust me dude I wanna support carr but he’s just tooo soft for this game imo. The more I listen to champions talk (I watched a step curry interview last night). Real champions have ice water in their veins killer instinct. I don’t see that with carr. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lololol ab used us to get out of pitt lol

then turned on dc lol

He thought it was the best situation, there was a reason he decided to force his way out of the bills trade although I can’t even begin to really speculate what’s going on in ABs Head. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Trust me dude I wanna support carr but he’s just tooo soft for this game imo. The more I listen to champions talk (I watched a step curry interview last night). Real champions have ice water in their veins killer instinct. I don’t see that with carr. 

Finding those real champions with ice water in their veins isn't easy.  That's exactly why the same teams and same quarterbacks go to the superbowl over and over again.  Then you get those teams with average QB's with stacked rosters that make it.  DC is a stacked roster type of QB, isn't terrible, just the truth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I have never needed anyone to believe me. I don't discuss things on this board for people to believe me. I don't promote my podcast, my website, or anything of that matter on this site. It isn't my intention for people to "Believe" me about my connections. 

Why do you think that you KNOW he is on razor this ice? I am genuinely curious why you are so adamant that he is on thin ice? What evidence is there of this?

There is a lot of stuff not said or leaked to the media and seeing Carr is on then ice is like saying he is not a good QB by watching a game instead of analyzing the split or advanced stats.  It is a feeling that you get by watching the interactions of Gruden when crap hits the fan or listening to Carr give an interview.  My best analogy is how do you know when a person is going to run for president?  When they finally address the question and say that they are not.  If I am Carr and am truly confident in my place as the Raiders QB then I do not even care or address questions about Davis and Brady talking.  I do not say things about how I am confident about what was being said or how someone else feels.  I would probably just say  how excited I am to get my team back healthy and bring in some more talent the fits what we are trying to do which is win a championship.  Instead he sounded like it struck a nerve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Finding those real champions with ice water in their veins isn't easy.  That's exactly why the same teams and same quarterbacks go to the superbowl over and over again.  Then you get those teams with average QB's with stacked rosters that make it.  DC is a stacked roster type of QB, isn't terrible, just the truth.

I would say this is the fairest assessment I have read about Carr.  Now the question is do we want to take the time to build the team or at what point do we move on. I wrote about this a few weeks ago to try to swing the discussion in another productive direction.  Do we do what the Chiefs did?  Alex Smith was a playoff QB and they built the team around him They sold high on him after investing in Mahomes.  I trust Carr to get us to the playoffs but not a championship.  I do not have to look any further than his ability to play in the cold.  Championships will be going thru Baltimore and KC for a while.  Even in Vegas the weather in January can get pretty cold.  The sub 40 degree stats for Carr need to be fixed before I can think of him as a championship caliber QB.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

He's terrible, because using your legs when needed and throwing the ball downfield are basic QB things and is afraid to do both now he is not the same guy hasn't  been since he got injured he is mentally done. I can watch less talented QB'S play with the determination Carr lacks and it's sickening.

Edited by raidr4life

16 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He's terrible, because using your legs when needed and throwing the ball downfield are basic QB things and is afraid to do both now he is not the same guy hasn't  been since he got injured he is mentally done. I can watch less talented QB'S play with the determination Carr lacks and it's sickening.

This is also true.  I also think we can be a better team with a less talented QB.  That is why it is so frustrating to argue about Carr.  Nobody has really said much that is false about him.  I almost want a new QB so we have something else to talk about.

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would say this is the fairest assessment I have read about Carr.  Now the question is do we want to take the time to build the team or at what point do we move on. I wrote about this a few weeks ago to try to swing the discussion in another productive direction.  Do we do what the Chiefs did?  Alex Smith was a playoff QB and they built the team around him They sold high on him after investing in Mahomes.  I trust Carr to get us to the playoffs but not a championship.  I do not have to look any further than his ability to play in the cold.  Championships will be going thru Baltimore and KC for a while.  Even in Vegas the weather in January can get pretty cold.  The sub 40 degree stats for Carr need to be fixed before I can think of him as a championship caliber QB.

We need to do exactly what the Chiefs did.  Stack the roster, then find the next Pat Mahomes/Russell Wilson/Manning/Brady.  That way, when we do find the QBOTF, they're placed in the best position to succeed.  I really don't know how well a player like Burrow would do with our roster.  We may have a great QB in him but his rookie season would be wasted while we are trying to rebuild the roster.  Then we're stuck paying him huge bucks right around the time we should be ready to compete, which may mess things up.  The Chief's process worked to perfection, might as well follow suit.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Even average qbs have to have cahones to be successful. Imo cohones +average skill set is better than no cohones and good skill set.

like I tell my players all the time “I’d rather have someone that’s locked in vs someone that’s top ten” 

those locked in guys are gonna work and sacrifice 3xs as hard as a top 10 guy. 

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

We need to do exactly what the Chiefs did.  Stack the roster, then find the next Pat Mahomes/Russell Wilson/Manning/Brady.  That way, when we do find the QBOTF, they're placed in the best position to succeed.  I really don't know how well a player like Burrow would do with our roster.  We may have a great QB in him but his rookie season would be wasted while we are trying to rebuild the roster.  Then we're stuck paying him huge bucks right around the time we should be ready to compete, which may mess things up.  The Chief's process worked to perfection, might as well follow suit.

The better the 'team' around  the longer the window is open. Seattle did it with Wilson but didn't really have much on O but Lynch. Their WR's were nobody's til Wilson, but the Defense was name worthy. LOL

KC has a window now and even paying Pat will probably front load it to try and keep the window open for longer. 

Raiders can win in the playoffs with Carr. We need a much better team and that's what were working on. A WR or two, back up RB and a whole lotta defense. I'd even consider OL depth in the 3rd if it's BPA or just too good to pass up. LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Because he has played like a Bottom 10 QB for 3 years bro. Don’t show me box scores, easily manipulated these days. Even Mariota has good box scores and he’s Bottom 3 QB. Carr has good box scores cause he dinks and dunks and throws way short of the chains on 3rd down. He’s been a Bottom 10 QB since 2017, easily. 

• Like 2