New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because he has played like a Bottom 10 QB for 3 years bro. Don’t show me box scores, easily manipulated these days. Even Mariota has good box scores and he’s Bottom 3 QB. Carr has good box scores cause he dinks anond dunks and throws way short of the chains on 3rd down. He’s been a Bottom 10 QB since 2017, easily. 

To add to it we could have a much better defense and still win or lose games 17-14 or 14-17 because his dink and dunk won't put points on the board. We will still be sweating every game because of Carr 2nd half poor play. Ask ourselves where was the offense when the defense did manage to make stops 

Edited by raidr4life

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

To add to it we could have a much better defense and still win or lose games 17-14 or 14-17 because his dink and dunk won't put points on the board. We will still be sweating every game because of Carr 2nd half poor play. Ask ourselves where was the offense when the defense did manage to make stops 

Defense really played with fire this year too. I mean you had some terrible moments, Chiefs one quarter 28pts cause of Curtis Riley, Packers whooped our D bad entire game, Darnold destroyed us, Titan game, but MANY of these games, Carr was the main reason for these lop sided games and keeps the defense on the field too much. Viking is mostly on Carr not taking any chances, just like the Viking game before that. Vikings scored a lot because of our offense, not our defense. Carr will completely give up on drives unless something is wide open. Which, unless your the Chiefs, just isn’t the way things are gonna be. You HAVE to throw guys open. The Jaguars game is also on Carr, as is the second Chief game. Second Chief loss was all him. Two INTs, throwing short of the chains on 3rd down, and not willing take a single chance throughout that game. Our D held Mahomes to his worst performance of his career and the Chiefs worst offensive performance in multiple years. That 40 burger didn’t have much to do with the Chief Offense. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because he has played like a Bottom 10 QB for 3 years bro. Don’t show me box scores, easily manipulated these days. Even Mariota has good box scores and he’s Bottom 3 QB. Carr has good box scores cause he dinks and dunks and throws way short of the chains on 3rd down. He’s been a Bottom 10 QB since 2017, easily. 

So nothing but your opinion. Ok thanks for clearing that up for me... I'll stick with my take. 

Bottoms 3 QB? Bottoms 10 QB? Lol you make me laugh lol. 

I am just curious. Will there ever be a point in which you tell me I am right? Or is there always going to be ANOTHER excuse?

30 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Somebody posted would we take the colts #13 for Carr. 

Of course we would. Hell, we would take a lot less. If someone offered us a 2nd rounder, we would make the deal. We might even do it a for a 3rd.

I think it's funny you speak with absolute certainty that you know what the organization would do. 

I don't believe the Raiders would take a second for Carr unless there was a deal in get a suitable replacement and the pick was in the top 50. 

Executives in the NFL aren't as dumb the posters on this board wanting to move on from Carr.

40 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Somebody posted would we take the colts #13 for Carr. 

I would. But with some stipulations.

1) We would have to get a QB in free agency that is at least around Carr's level or better (Brady would be ideal).

2) There has to be a developmental QB worth taking either at #13 or after a trade down for more picks. For some reason, I think this year's QB class will have at least 2 overdrafted prospects. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I would. But with some stipulations.

1) We would have to get a QB in free agency that is at least around Carr's level or better (Brady would be ideal).

2) There has to be a developmental QB worth taking either at #13 or after a trade down for more picks. For some reason, I think this year's QB class will have at least 2 overdrafted prospects. 

So my next question for you is this. 

You sign Brady to a 2 year contract. You draft Herbert or Love or Eason or whoever. Brady takes the Raiders to the AFC championship game after winning the AFC West in 2020m What do you do in 2021? Move on from Brady to play your 2nd year QB. Or let the 1st round rookie ride pine 1 more year taking 2 years off his rookie Contract?

Just now, OG_C2X said:

So my next question for you is this. 

You sign Brady to a 2 year contract. You draft Herbert or Love or Eason or whoever. Brady takes the Raiders to the AFC championship game after winning the AFC West in 2020m What do you do in 2021? Move on from Brady to play your 2nd year QB. Or let the 1st round rookie ride pine 1 more year taking 2 years off his rookie Contract?

Let him sit. 

Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years behind Favre. Rivers sat 2 years behind Brees. Steve McNair sat 2 years behind Chris Chandler. All three of them had fine carreers. 

20 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Let him sit. 

Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years behind Favre. Rivers sat 2 years behind Brees. Steve McNair sat 2 years behind Chris Chandler. All three of them had fine carreers. 

Ok and who has done it since ARod... in 2008.

Edited by OG_C2X

3 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Jimmy G sat behind Brady for a few years before being traded to the 49ers. 

JimmyG did exactly what he was drafted for. He was drafted to be Brady's backup and insurance until his contract year when Bill would trade him.He was never drafted to be the starting QB. He was also drafted LATE in the 2nd round.

it just doesn't happen anymore. The blueprint is if you take a starter in the first round he is going to start in year 1 or 2. The idea is to get the MOST years as a starter out of your QB on his rookie contract. It is why teams are changing their ENTIRE offense to make the QB more comfortable and productive and installing more of the college game. I don't think gruden will ever do that. He is happy with Carr. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

JimmyG did exactly what he was drafted for. He was drafted to be Brady's backup and insurance until his contract year when Bill would trade him.He was never drafted to be the starting QB. He was also drafted LATE in the 2nd round. 

it just doesn't happen anymore. The blueprint is if you take a starter in the first round he is going to start in year 1 or 2. The idea is to get the MOST years as a starter out of your QB on his rookie contract. It is why teams are changing their ENTIRE offense to make the QB more comfortable and productive and installing more of the college game. I don't think gruden will ever do that. He is happy with Carr. 

It is debatable what the intentions were for Jimmy G. I believe that he was supposed to be Brady's successor, but Mr. Kraft got in the way. Hence, Jimmy G being traded. So agree to disagree. 

I think you are right about the 2nd part. But since Gruden won't simplify his offense, wouldn't sitting a young QB give him time to learn? Also, we will know by next offseason if Gruden is truly happy with Carr. Agree to disagree again. 

10 hours ago, raidr4life said:

And some people will still blame the defense.