New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This right here is the problem. And I go back to a quote from 2016 after a loss to KC where a member of their defense said they know they can get in his head with pressure. That he rattles easy. Resonates every time they play KC.

If you don't have a QB who can compete with KC, then you are just admitting you're not challenging  for the division. KC owns Derek Carr and THAT is a problem.

There is nothing that states that you're incorrect.  However, isn't it fair to point out that besides 2016, every other year the Chiefs have been superior to vastly superior in talent across the board?

So isn't it a little insane to expect Carr to have a better record as the inferior team?  Why can't the 4-12 team beat the 12-4 team seems obvious to me.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why are you guys so desperately trying to rid yourselves of Carr????? It makes no sense to me.

His passer rating was over 100 this season (over 90 in 13 out of 16 games). Please don't cherry pick the Chiefs stats, it's not honest evaluation.
He did this all while having.... Hunter Renfrow as his best receiving option? You guys need to get some pass catching weapons. Jacobs is good, but he doesn't play a part in the receiving game at all. 

Dude needs some help.

Dude needs some courage 

the caption is 🎯

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why are you guys so desperately trying to rid yourselves of Carr????? It makes no sense to me.

His passer rating was over 100 this season (over 90 in 13 out of 16 games). Please don't cherry pick the Chiefs stats, it's not honest evaluation.
He did this all while having.... Hunter Renfrow as his best receiving option? You guys need to get some pass catching weapons. Jacobs is good, but he doesn't play a part in the receiving game at all. 

Dude needs some help.

Some (not most which was verified twice in voting) have the the Ricky Bobby mindset of if you’re not first your last. Carr plays in the same division as Mahomes who is probably the best QB playing right now. These guys want to move on because he’s average. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Some (not most which was verified twice in voting) have the the Ricky Bobby mindset of if you’re not first your last. Carr plays in the same division as Mahomes who is probably the best QB playing right now. These guys want to move on because he’s average. 

If he had Amari Cooper this year, I think it's entirely possible he would have been viewed as a top 10. And if you're looking for something even close to Mahomes, good luck to you and you guys will probably go the way of Icarus flying to close to the sun.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dude needs some help.

He hasn’t been the same since he broke his leg. He is a shell of his former self scared of pressure to the point that he immediately gives up. He won’t stand tall in the pocket, he won’t throw receivers open, he can’t see an open receiver to save his life unless his is open by 10 yards or more, he can’t improvise when the play breaks down, he refuses to run, his pocket awareness has been absolutely horrendous these last two years.

even when he had a number 1 receiver and a solid number two and a great TE and he still sucked. You can get him all the weapons you can but Carr doesn’t elevate anyone else on the field he needs everyone around him to be elite just to play well. He is massively overrated by our fan base. If we get a QB that can improvise when the play breaks down, run when needed, throw receivers open or take chances it would be an automatic upgrade over Carr. He is just a below average game manager that plays conservative and scared and has no will to win. He routinely gives up immediately when his first read is gone and panics resulting is missed opportunities. 

I'm not going to read 42 pages of this thread, but what alternatives do you think would be better for you? 

Tom Brady? Dude is washed and even if he's not, you'll get maybe 1 good season out of him. 
Jordan Love at 12? (Rumor is that the Colts want him at 13)
Trade multiple 1sts to move up for Herbert?

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

If he had Amari Cooper this year, I think it's entirely possible he would have been viewed as a top 10. And if you're looking for something even close to Mahomes, good luck to you and you guys will probably go the way of Icarus flying to close to the sun.

You’re late man the carrdashians claim amari Cooper is/was garbage and he held the team/carr back from their full potential 

seems to me like the

:deep route was wide open and carr was moving that way anyways 

:middle route closed 

:short route tight throw but a makeable nfl throw

carr also has a good 4 yard cushion

2016 carr makes the deep throw imo

edit: won’t let me post my screenshot 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Well according to the delusions of one of our posters “Carr is better than Mahomes”  “I know Grudens playbook” so the Carr’s 80% of throws are all designed to be 1-3 yard passes LOL. It’s pure delusion by people holding on to that 2016 season and still thinking he is the same Carr. 
Time to park the Ford Fiesta with a hillbilly tuneup and sell it on Craigslist.

Edited by Gannon12

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

Well according to the delusions of one of our posters “Carr is better than Mahomes”  “I know Grudens playbook” so Carr’s the 80% of throws are all designed to be 1-3 yard passes LOL. It’s pure delusion by people holding on to that 2016 season and still thinking he is the same Carr. 
Time to park the Ford Fiesta with a hillbilly tuneup and sell it on Craigslist.

I'm not saying Carr is a world beater, but he's realistically the best long term option available to you guys unless you want to start all over from scratch and set the franchise back 3 years or so.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not saying Carr is a world beater, but he's realistically the best long term option available to you guys unless you want to start all over from scratch and set the franchise back 3 years or so.

He is mediocre at best and can’t come to the occasion to beat good teams if he is our long term QB and stays at the current trajectory. The Raiders will not complete for anything but a one and done wildcard playoff. I hope he is not in the long term plan as we might as well wave the white flag just like Carr does on the field 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Dude needs some help.

Well, he has the 2nd worst starting record in NFL history for QBs in his 1st six seasons. That alone should get you replaced.

He has another dubious 0-7 record in games temperature lower than 40 degrees. Automatic betting Fade

Poor Pocket presence even though his pass protection is better than most QBs

His stats are certainly padded by check-downs and garbage time stats. He routinely gives up on plays, throws short of the sticks and doesnt take chances down the field even when we had Amari Cooper

While our WR options weren't the best, this hasn't hampered other starting QBs in the league (Wentz etc). We had to top rookie RB and one of the leagues best. Top 5 offensive line with 2 pro bowlers and one alternate. Top NFL TE option in Waller. Waller would have been better but Carr routinely passed him up in the redzone

Overall, our fan base makes too many excuses for Carr. He was paid like a franchise QB and performed like a game manager. We're not winning with him and that is obvious. He's a younger version of Sam Bradford, stats dont tell the story, on field play does. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Top NFL TE option in Waller. Waller would have been better but Carr routinely passed him up in the redzone

Waller had a good season, but I think the argument can be made it was due to bulk stats. The guy literally did nothing in his NFL career to this point, and suddenly he has 120 targets in the season? Yeah, I know Carr's got to throw receivers open sometimes, but they also need to get separation at other times. 

So, I ask you guys, what approach would you prefer to Derek Carr?

Jordan Love at 12? Trade up for Herbert by packaging some picks. Or giving up the farm for Tua?

Edited by Danger