New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Waller had a good season, but I think the argument can be made it was due to bulk stats. The guy literally did nothing in his NFL career to this point, and suddenly he has 120 targets in the season? Yeah, I know Carr's got to throw receivers open sometimes, but they also need to get separation at other times. 

So, I ask you guys, what approach would you prefer to Derek Carr?

Jordan Love at 12? Trade up for Herbert by packaging some picks. Or giving up the farm for Tua?

This is what have you done for me lately league. Based on coaches, players and evaluators, Waller is a top 5-7 NFL Tight end. 

I prefer to go to the Rookie and Veteran bridge QB route. 

• Like 1

yep, apparently that's the plan. brady as a FA (don't think its gonna happen) or love at 12( qb fever is gonna demand a pick at 12 cuz he wont last til 19) or maybe both. then draft a wr1 (cuz you wont have the money for a FA wr after brady......duh.) oh and defense? who needs it.... brady and love are gonna beat kc 56 to 48. lmfao!

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

Waller had a good season, but I think the argument can be made it was due to bulk stats. The guy literally did nothing in his NFL career to this point, and suddenly he has 120 targets in the season? Yeah, I know Carr's got to throw receivers open sometimes, but they also need to get separation at other times. 

So, I ask you guys, what approach would you prefer to Derek Carr?

Jordan Love at 12? Trade up for Herbert by packaging some picks. Or giving up the farm for Tua?

Waller never really got a chance to showcase his skills on the field while his addiction had a hold on his life. He is clean and we are now seeing what he is capable of. His skill set at TE is just amazing and has immense potential to keep getting even better. He was a steal of a FA we got and am soo glad we locked him up with a contract. 
Draft pick and free agent pickup for replacement of Carr. His contract is way too expensive and unworthy for his play. We can use that money to get better players.

don't want to sell the farm for Tua but with a decent price to move up I wouldn’t mind. I would rather have Love at 12 then go BPA at 19

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

id say, at the 16 second mark carr should have recognized / anticipated that waller wouldve been open.

at 18, the slot CB was running towards waller already, and closing in somewhat fast. for a 30 yard pass, thats a very risky through in my mind.
at 16, it was open, but Carr had already moved on. 

ill add, at 16, it would require Carr to stnd in the pocket, knowing he will take a hit.
ive said, that this is one thing I would love to see Carr do a better job at. 

I agree except the deep route was open imo

do you think 2016 carr throws it at the rbs feet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'm not going to read 42 pages of this thread, but what alternatives do you think would be better for you? 

Tom Brady? Dude is washed and even if he's not, you'll get maybe 1 good season out of him. 
Jordan Love at 12? (Rumor is that the Colts want him at 13)
Trade multiple 1sts to move up for Herbert?

Trade Carr for a 2nd

sign Mariota 

draft love or Eason 

Mariota/kizer/love & Eason 

• Like 1

I like Mariota, most would agree at this point that's a lateral move or drop slightly. it is a plan however at least. Mariota/kizer/rookie to start in vegas? its very damn risky (and like I said I like Mariota) at least this plan doesn't require tying up 30+ million in one player and or giving up draft capital. However, it WILL require at least 1 first rounder be used on a QB (unless its a trade down from 19 to pick up eason, love wont make it past indy and TB imo.) so you`re then put in the position of choosing a top wr or a top def player as your 2nd pick in the first , cant have both. (id go def because of wr depth) maybe queen/murray and then in the 3rd double dip with mims and someone like v Jefferson. big risk but possibly big reward (or possibly 4-12.lol nobody knows for sure) and no , im not forgetting that depth can be signed in FA so like I said , at least you have a plan I can kind of get behind , but I truly believe carr will still be here at least 1 more year whether we like it or not. I believe gruden and mayock want a total team(or close) before they make a qb move. just my opinion from the way they talk about it. we`ll see.

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Trade Carr for a 2nd

sign Mariota 

draft love or Eason 

Mariota/kizer/love & Eason 

This is not a plan I can envision a team looking to make a splash in a brand new, high profile city would make. Mariota is a clear downgrade and I dont think they will want to finish with a losing record whilst the buzz of Vegas is still fresh.

I think we'll look to make a splash in FA with possibly one big name such as Chris Jones or AJ Green. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I like Mariota, most would agree at this point that's a lateral move or drop slightly. it is a plan however at least. Mariota/kizer/rookie to start in vegas? its very damn risky (and like I said I like Mariota) at least this plan doesn't require tying up 30+ million in one player and or giving up draft capital. However, it WILL require at least 1 first rounder be used on a QB (unless its a trade down from 19 to pick up eason, love wont make it past indy and TB imo.) so you`re then put in the position of choosing a top wr or a top def player as your 2nd pick in the first , cant have both. (id go def because of wr depth) maybe queen/murray and then in the 3rd double dip with mims and someone like v Jefferson. big risk but possibly big reward (or possibly 4-12.lol nobody knows for sure) and no , im not forgetting that depth can be signed in FA so like I said , at least you have a plan I can kind of get behind , but I truly believe carr will still be here at least 1 more year whether we like it or not. I believe gruden and mayock want a total team(or close) before they make a qb move. just my opinion from the way they talk about it. we`ll see.

Gotta remember the carr trade gives us a 2nd to play with

12 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I don't agree with you.  That's a major decline in QB play.  I would literally saw off my right leg before considering this move if I had any power in the Raiders organization.  I would fist fight J. Gruden for a brutal 37 seconds before him having to pry the phone from my dead, cold fingers.  M. Mariota is garbage.  Garbage. Period. Done. Good day Sir!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't agree with you.  That's a major decline in QB play.  I would literally saw off my right leg before considering this move if I had any power in the Raiders organization.  I would fist fight J. Gruden for a brutal 37 seconds before him having to pry the phone from my dead, cold fingers.  M. Mariota is garbage.  Garbage. Period. Done. Good day Sir!

We’re already losing with carr tho I’d rather save 14$million to lose with someone else

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We’re already losing with carr tho I’d rather save 14$million to lose with someone else

I’m not sure i understand, are you saying you’d like to pay a guy $5 million to start? That’s  big drop because unless it’s a rookie, a guy is only taking that much because they haven’t got any other choice in teams.