New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

To play fair. The Mia int was meh nobody open at least he gave his wr a shot. like to see the wr fight more for it

gb int was short armed into double coverage meh at least he gave his te a shot could’ve made a better pass

I agree with this take but what I do not understand is why he seems to be picked off every time he throws a pass similar to those circumstances.  Not trying to bash Carr on this because it has puzzled me.  Are his receivers not expecting it so they are not fighting for position before the ball is thrown, are Carr's throws not giving his receivers the edge, or something else.  I use to complain about Carr giving his receivers a chance like this but when I went back and looked at the games he was just getting picked all the time.

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree with this take but what I do not understand is why he seems to be picked off every time he throws a pass similar to those circumstances.  Not trying to bash Carr on this because it has puzzled me.  Are his receivers not expecting it so they are not fighting for position before the ball is thrown, are Carr's throws not giving his receivers the edge, or something else.  I use to complain about Carr giving his receivers a chance like this but when I went back and looked at the games he was just getting picked all the time.

Agree cause for how well he keeps his int #’s low his ints are usually the back breaking kind (redzone ints and pick 6’s)

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You can question his pocket presence there and his choice to throw that pass on 1st down. But pass protection could have been better and WR could have took a PI there. 

The green bay was a complete short arm pass. Waller had an easy TD and no penalty was called. I guess the rationale is that the ball was short by the time the contact was made. Regardless, NFL QBs gotta make that pass

I hate having to lower my expectations for players but you kinda have to do that with carr to keep yourself for going ballistic. 

56 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Old Friend Lombardi continuing to say they’re not happy with Carr. 

Hes spot on about the Carr family lol 

I just find it weird how guys like Lombardi continue to push the "we know Gruden thinks this" train.  No you don't know.  I can guess, you can guess, we all can guess, but we don't know.

Opinions are not facts. No matter how many opinions you collect to bring together on a matter, doesn't stop them from being opinions.

That would be like me saying that it's a guarantee that Carr is our QB next year because he's building a house right next to Gruden. Gruden would tell him not to build the house if he was getting rid of him. So "I know" Gruden wants to keep him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I just find it weird how guys like Lombardi continue to push the "we know Gruden thinks this" train.  No you don't know.  I can guess, you can guess, we all can guess, but we don't know.

Opinions are not facts. No matter how many opinions you collect to bring together on a matter, doesn't stop them from being opinions.

That would be like me saying that it's a guarantee that Carr is our QB next year because he's building a house right next to Gruden. Gruden would tell him not to build the house if he was getting rid of him. So "I know" Gruden wants to keep him.

Michael Lombardi worked for the Raiders from 1998 to 2007

He's probably great friends with Mark Davis and Even Jon Gruden. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Michael Lombardi worked for the Raiders from 1998 to 2007

He's probably great friends with Mark Davis and Even Jon Gruden. 

I'd guess that he's not, but we'd both be guessing. Which ironically was my point.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/how-randy-moss-trade-cost-mike-lombardi-his-job

Also this is who he is. Everyone has their misses I guess, but just because he says something doesn't make it true.

https://adequateman.deadspin.com/mike-lombardi-is-a-big-stupid-moron-1822759998

Advanced issues found

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Ugh If you guys don't understand you never will, "our guy" plays the position like he's afraid, won't stand in the pocket to deliver throws, won't throw downfield. Stafford at least plays the position with some toughness and awareness Carr has lost his mojo you can see it on his face when he feels defeated. Stafford had 4 winning seasons, 3 playoff seasons not spectacular but better. Our OL and run game is being wasted with Carr.

You're pushing the toughness argument, when Carr has played through several injuries.

You're pushing the "given up" argument. So you're saying he just packed it in this year? Why do his teammates defend him then?

You're pushing the qb wins argument. The most idiotic one in the sport.

The reaches are only going to get bigger as the offseason progresses.

DC may get traded. But LOL it won't be because he "lost his mojo". He showed progression in some areas this year, especially extending plays and using his feet. I'm not saying he doesn't have flaws, but people act like he regressed and sucked down the stretch.

As soon as the team is piled with injuries, offensive performance vastly declines and you think there's no coincidence there? Most of the detractors of Carr who want him out haven't really given credence to the idea that the team with "the elite OL, RB, and TE" were missing key pieces of the OL, the RB, and had a revolving door at WR down the stretch. But scapegoat the qb right?

Ignore metrics, including wins above replacement. It's easier to scapegoat.

I can't wait to see the "Darren Carr" replies in the comments because I'm trying to push back against the 1 sided direction of this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're pushing the toughness argument, when Carr has played through several injuries.

You're pushing the "given up" argument. So you're saying he just packed it in this year? Why do his teammates defend him then?

You're pushing the qb wins argument. The most idiotic one in the sport.

The reaches are only going to get bigger as the offseason progresses.

DC may get traded. But LOL it won't be because he "lost his mojo". He showed progression in some areas this year, especially extending plays and using his feet. I'm not saying he doesn't have flaws, but people act like he regressed and sucked down the stretch.

As soon as the team is piled with injuries, offensive performance vastly declines and you think there's no coincidence there? Most of the detractors of Carr who want him out haven't really given credence to the idea that the team with "the elite OL, RB, and TE" were missing key pieces of the OL, the RB, and had a revolving door at WR down the stretch. But scapegoat the qb right?

Ignore metrics, including wins above replacement. It's easier to scapegoat.

I can't wait to see the "Darren Carr" replies in the comments because I'm trying to push back against the 1 sided direction of this thread.

Yeah he packed it in when he made mistakes in games sitting on the sidelines by himself looking lost.

I'm not pushing the toughness argument I said several times he's mentally lost it, not physically, some people can't shake the thought of getting hurt again after a major Injury, that's how he plays, plus you really saying he extended plays with his feet he made like 5 plays all year with his legs.

If he gets traded, I guess it would be  because we didn't want the greatness. 

Edited by raidr4life

Advanced issues found

😐
11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah he packed it in when he made mistakes in games sitting on the sidelines by himself looking lost.

I'm not pushing the toughness argument I said several times he's mentally lost it, not physically, some people can't shake the thought of getting hurt again after a major Injury, that's how he plays, plus you really saying he extended plays with his feet he made like 5 plays all year with his legs.

If he gets traded, I guess it would be  because we didn't want the greatness. 

What on earth are you talking about? He packed it in because you thought he looked lost on the sidelines?

And yeah, no he definitely made more than "like 5 plays" with his legs all season.

Truly, the hyperbole is real in this thread. 

• Like 1