New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

15 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Oh, I didn't think that was mean. I believe he can't handle the competition. The picture was mean. LOL

i really dont think that the picture was mean. . . it is right after a sack and clerly the guy is in pain, but why not show a gif or video if the guy is crying? its a stillshot and i dont see any tears? (he looks like he is absolutely rattled and in pain, but, every qb looks rattled after getting hit, and im sure you can find a frame of any qb looking like that)

what i find funny, is that you are so angry with carr being the QB, that you resort to trying to be mean on the raiders forum to make fun of him lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

buddy, you gotta just take the loss on this lol. werent you saying there is no way he gets more than 14 votes?

agreed though, its all on mayock and gruden, and i absolutely trust mayock. 
i actually have a little less interest in the draft and i feel its because i know mayock will kill it haha

I tend to agree with this. However, 2 1sts and 3 3rds will keep my interest this year. I think Mayock and Gruden are going to be aggressive moving up and down with the picks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ragingraider said:

I will not speak for others, but I would argue that there is very little that Carr is offering us at this point that Rivers or Dalton wouldn't do at half the price

the fact that you think Rivers is going to sign somewhere for 11 mil is mind blowing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

i really dont think that the picture was mean. . . it is right after a sack and clerly the guy is in pain, but why not show a gif or video if the guy is crying? its a stillshot and i dont see any tears? (he looks like he is absolutely rattled and in pain, but, every qb looks rattled after getting hit, and im sure you can find a frame of any qb looking like that)

what i find funny, is that you are so angry with carr being the QB, that you resort to trying to be mean on the raiders forum to make fun of him lol

If you can find a similar shot of a QB who wasn't injured on the play please post it. The point is Carr is gunshy and scared of the contact which is a major cause of his declining play. Its the reason for the throws in the dirt, throws out of bounds, and constant checkdowns. He goes to the ground at the first hint of contact in the pocket. He wasn't like this years ago. But. that was years ago and some people can't recognize that he isnt the same guy. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If Healthy, Tua is on the same level of Burrow. Burrow is the hot name for obvious reason, but Tua is deserving of the #1 overall pick as well if he's recovered. 

If he slips at all I'd trade up for him in a heartbeat.

His injury history scares me. I wouldn't be totally against it though. 

7 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

2 Years seems a little ridiculous to just throw numbers out there like that. Maybe a year maybe just the offseason you never know how quickly a rookie can progress and digest.

No it’s not crazy to say Both QBs shouldn’t start til year 2.  Love is incredibly raw.  If you start Love year one I think he losses every game.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr would of threw a 2 yard TE pass long before that. At least Tannehil makes all his reads. 

You've quoted me about 3 times now with no answer.  I don't care for your posting style.  This will be the last time I give you any of my attention.  Have a great day.  Go enjoy all your other forums and credentials you have elsewhere.  👊🏻

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

You've quoted me about 3 times now with no answer.  I don't care for your posting style.  This will be the last time I give you any of my attention.  Have a great day.  Go enjoy all your other forums and credentials you have elsewhere.  👊🏻

Answer about what? What are you even talking about? 

You were s***ing on Ryan Tannehil in a Derek Carr thread to prop up Derek Carr. Tannehil kept the play alive as long he could because it’s 3rd down and he’s not gonna settle for a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 7. Carr would of thrown a 3 yard pass to Waller or Richard wayyyy before the sack, completely giving up on the 3rd down. That’s Derek Carr. That’s why his completion % is 70. Throwing short of the chains on 3rd downs. Chris Simms even breaks this down. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Tannehil kept the play alive as long he could because it’s 3rd down and he’s not gonna settle for a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 7. Carr would of thrown a 3 yard pass to Waller or Richard wayyyy before the sack, completely giving up on the 3rd down. That’s Derek Carr. That’s why his completion % is 70. Throwing short of the chains on 3rd downs. Chris Simms even breaks this down. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe the WCO is designed for the QB to throw to a WR 1 yard short if the 1st down marker. This leaves it up to the WR to break a tackle for the 1st down. Throwing it 3 to 4 yards short of the marker is NOT how it's taught.