New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

48 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You guys are throwing Carr under the bus all because you’re jealous of Pat  Mahone. 

Nope. Just sick of watching a conservative game manager that is blind to running lanes and open receivers and too scared to use his abilities. 7th year coming up and he isn’t going to become GOOD over night. Time to cut the cord

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Here you go again.... trying to make narratives around a guy without knowing the facts. 

Carr is known a a hard worker. Moment Tyrell Williams was signed, Carr was on the field with him. Spent a lot of time with AB when he was signed. Just because he's not positing it to social media, doesn't mean he's not studying and working on his craft. 

Again, you're making these judgements based off nothing. You don't know how much time he spends watching film and on the field in the offseason. You're just looking ridiculous at this stage. Trying anything to discredit the guy. 

It’s SO media hot takes. Guys who watch Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman and base their opinions around that. Does he spend time with his family? Yeah he does spend time with his family but I can 100% tell you that he does work on his craft. The guy missed out on his son’s birthday last year to put in extra work at training camp. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

It’s SO media hot takes. Guys who watch Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman and base their opinions around that. Does he spend time with his family? Yeah he does spend time with his family but I can 100% tell you that he does work on his craft. The guy missed out on his son’s birthday last year to put in extra work at training camp. 

It was a honest question maybe somebody knows something I don’t. I admit I only know what players choose to show in social media and I fallow carr. 

I didn’t know about him missing his son’s bday. Thanks nice info 

13 hours ago, dante9876 said:

If he isnt a problem why would be looking to move on. That doesn't make sense. It's the hardest position to fill. But people who believe in Carr is telling people he is more than he us but we looking to fill it with a rookie or an old dude or somebody who hasnt had that much success either. It makes no sense. At some point you cant just keep saying its rumors when our beat writers are starting to report it. 

This is the biggest fundamental difference between the two sides that I see.  You've not only accepted this as true, but it has become your reality.  There is obviously a burning desire from some to move on from Carr, I'm not in that place yet.  However, I think that has blinded some into scooping up every morsel of news as facts to back it up.  

We saw the exact same thing last year.  Guys were sure we were looking at any and every QB.  That we were going to draft a QB and move on from Carr.  Alas, it didn't happen.  So here we sit again going through the same thing this year.  A big difference this year is that it's flipped from drafting a guy, to signing one of the many free agents.  Any will do!!

I get it though.  You're done with Carr and are hopeful of any potential news of making that happen. I feel sorry for my fellow fans that are in that place of desperation.  Where Ryan Fitzpatrick can be floated as a solution or excited to add a 43 year old.  If we do end up replacing him, I'll back the next guy like I've always done.  If we keep him I have to wonder how some will react with all of the lashing out that has happened to this point.

I just need to be done with the madness, however it works out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It was a honest question maybe somebody knows something I don’t. I admit I only know what players choose to show in social media and I fallow carr. 

I didn’t know about him missing his son’s bday. Thanks nice info 

My brother in law and him are somewhat close (He’s cousins with Carr’s wife.) So i hear some things, actually he loves to bring up Carr because he’s famous. Keep in mind i am no way saying I’m a source or anything i rarely speak to my brother in law so my knowledge is only marginally better than you guys.

Im not trying to call you out either cough, i just want to dispel the Carr doesn’t really care about football narrative. He really tried to establish a relationship with AB, he invited him to his other sons birthday so that their kids could get to know each other. 

i do think he is too sensitive at times especially with the media but he’s  not a guy who will call out players or play calls because he’s a good soldier. So when pundits say he’s soft or that Gruden doesn’t like him he won’t defend himself. Obviously his frustrations come out in the worst ways, ie challenging talking heads to a fight. as much as i hate Brady i would prefer Carr would take the silent approach and just let his play on the field speak for itself. 

Edited by Chali21

30 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

My brother in law and him are somewhat close (He’s cousins with Carr’s wife.) So i hear some things, actually he loves to bring up Carr because he’s famous. Keep in mind i am no way saying I’m a source or anything i rarely speak to my brother in law so my knowledge is only marginally better than you guys.

Im not trying to call you out either cough, i just want to dispel the Carr doesn’t really care about football narrative. He really tried to establish a relationship with AB, he invited him to his other sons birthday so that their kids could get to know each other. 

i do think he is too sensitive at times especially with the media but he’s  not a guy who will call out players or play calls because he’s a good soldier. So when pundits say he’s soft or that Gruden doesn’t like him he won’t defend himself. Obviously his frustrations come out in the worst ways, ie challenging talking heads to a fight. as much as i hate Brady i would prefer Carr would take the silent approach and just let his play on the field speak for itself. 

Interesting 

I remember last year carr was working out with ab and Tyrell but more ab. I don’t see it this year. Again I only see what athletes choose to make public. But I follow Tyrell also and I’ve seen nothing. I was legit curious if he’s doing anything.

i agree about him not knowing how to navigate thru the media and talking heads. I too wish he’d just ignore it and focus on his craft. I also think having his brother as a media guy doesn’t help.

its too late now you’re our official carr insider lol now go get us some info 

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t want any of those media clown shows, get real. I watch Carr play football. 

As for the off-season take, simply saying I doubt the guy is anywhere near obsessed with studying and training as guys like Brady/Manning/Rodgers/etc are. I’m not saying Carr doesn’t train or watch film in the off season but those guys are animals and absolutely obsess over it. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Will have to unblock the Carr brother if the Raiders sign Brady or end up drafting a QB high. I need to see that melt down happen. 

It’s obviously either a gene trait or upbringing trait. Derek, David, and Darren are three of the most sensitive and also passive aggressive people I have ever seen. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1