New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

To be honest, the most extreme thing said is that Carr is better than Mahomes. That's absolutely ridiculous

Everything else said on both sides is fine by my standards even if it is not my view point

I would agree with both, thanks bro. it aint hard to be reasonable.... I do try mostly.lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

At the combine Gruden will have a chance to put all these opinions to bed and come out and say Carr is his QB. 10 percent chance it happens. 

I think if asked about it at a presser Gruden will day that he’s the QB. I doubt he brings it up unsolicited. 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

This is the biggest fundamental difference between the two sides that I see.  You've not only accepted this as true, but it has become your reality.  There is obviously a burning desire from some to move on from Carr, I'm not in that place yet.  However, I think that has blinded some into scooping up every morsel of news as facts to back it up.  

We saw the exact same thing last year.  Guys were sure we were looking at any and every QB.  That we were going to draft a QB and move on from Carr.  Alas, it didn't happen.  So here we sit again going through the same thing this year.  A big difference this year is that it's flipped from drafting a guy, to signing one of the many free agents.  Any will do!!

I get it though.  You're done with Carr and are hopeful of any potential news of making that happen. I feel sorry for my fellow fans that are in that place of desperation.  Where Ryan Fitzpatrick can be floated as a solution or excited to add a 43 year old.  If we do end up replacing him, I'll back the next guy like I've always done.  If we keep him I have to wonder how some will react with all of the lashing out that has happened to this point.

I just need to be done with the madness, however it works out.

Naw last year vic and Levi was calling all  this media stuff nonsense. They have both fallen back on that hard core stance this offseason. Even they admit that it's really is smoke this time. That raiders and Teams will gage trade value. I wasnt on this get rid of Carr train last year. I honestly wasnt on it at beginning of this offseason. I had already come to realize that Carr probably gets another year here comes of the options we had to replace him. But it seems now Gruden might be interested in trying an option that may seen equal to Carr to some. My whole thing was try. Look for better options if they present themself. Carr is average qb. An above average qb with some good moments if he has alot of help. I don't think you can win with that or him in this league consistently. 

It's easy to take everything as rumor when mike florio or Lombardi is saying it. But Gruden didnt commit to carr at his end the game press conference and respected raiders reporters are starting to report the smoke to. 

Edited by dante9876

13 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I totally agree, especially when you can go back and see that I have agreed that he`s a game manager and gun shy. I have stated this would be his last chance with me (especially if he cant get outta his own head with KC), I have stated that bringing in a challenge would be welcomed by me, I have said if brady and a rook is the plan id get behind that of course(I may cuss him, but I also acknowledge he`s the GOAT). all of these things stated are in black and white. its not a cult (which is just the self serving humor of the anti - carr faction,...I get it) telling us to go with carr wherever he SUPPOSEDLY goes and celebrate mediocrity is flat out insulting and disrespectful. I`m a raider fan, marine and ex-1%er....I don't do insults or disrespect so well. Ive always appreciated yours(and almost everyones) posts and opinions, most of the time I enjoy reading on here , great insights , intelligent opinions, good news source. but this offseason and last offseason with the carr rumors and conjecture wear ya out.lol I mean a perfect example is the guy saying teams MIGHT be inquiring about acquiring carr, which makes sense given the supposed circumstances, has to go back out and clarify that this does NOT mean carr is on the block cuz writers are running with it like wildfire.lol  I take it all with a grain of salt until tom terrific is in s&b officially. btw, I also again agree with one poster on here that it wouldn't surprise me if carr pulled a kaufman in the future, I thought about that even before he posted it. right about when carr broke his back( after breaking his leg and finger the year before) the Luck and Keuchley retirements don't help that feeling either.lol

I agree some people just instigate just to get a response so they can drag someone into the petty zone. It gets old and the pettiness is on both sides. I agree man

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

I think if asked about it at a presser Gruden will day that he’s the QB. I doubt he brings it up unsolicited. 

Mayock and Gruden have already shown since the season ended that they won’t say Carr is the QB. What will change now for him to say that? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

To be honest, the most extreme thing said is that Carr is better than Mahomes. That's absolutely ridiculous

Everything else said on both sides is fine by my standards even if it is not my view point

Agreed nothing has really been that extreme when you read everything. Just BP trying to sound and look like the most sensible and moral person in the room as always, just something he likes to do..

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Mayock and Gruden have already shown since the season ended that they won’t say Carr is the QB. What will change now for him to say that? 

What I’m saying is the only way Gruden says it is if a reporter straight up asks him if Carr is the starter. 

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

What I’m saying is the only way Gruden says it is if a reporter straight up asks him if Carr is the starter. 

Majority of the questions he will get will be about the QB position, Brady and Carr. He will get asked that question.

56 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Majority of the questions he will get will be about the QB position, Brady and Carr. He will get asked that question.

Then I’m sure he’ll say yes. It might be in a unspecific vague sort of way but i doubt he’ll say something along the lines of “We are looking to upgrade the position.” Because if he openly says that he wants to get rid of Carr the hed lose any sort of leverage in trade negotiations. Everyone knows that there would be no way that they’d sign a guy like Brady and keep Carr so they’d wait for the Raiders to dump him and keep a pick. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Naw last year vic and Levi was calling all  this media stuff nonsense. They have both fallen back on that hard core stance this offseason. Even they admit that it's really is smoke this time. That raiders and Teams will gage trade value. I wasnt on this get rid of Carr train last year. I honestly wasnt on it at beginning of this offseason. I had already come to realize that Carr probably gets another year here comes of the options we had to replace him. But it seems now Gruden might be interested in trying an option that may seen equal to Carr to some. My whole thing was try. Look for better options if they present themself. Carr is average qb. An above average qb with some good moments if he has alot of help. I don't think you can win with that or him in this league consistently. 

It's easy to take everything as rumor when mike florio or Lombardi is saying it. But Gruden didnt commit to carr at his end the game press conference and respected raiders reporters are starting to report the smoke to. 

Hey I get what you're saying with the smoke. Sometimes it ends up in flames, you are correct.  However, sometimes it fizzles out too.  People seem to forget that second part. But, you're also proving my point because you're believing those guys to begin with whether last year or this year.  

Even if they're doing due diligence, as they should, it doesn't mean something has to come from it.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm not saying to not look at what's out there. My opinion is that there isn't a better option at this time.  Doesn't mean I'm right or that Gruden/Mayock feel the same way.  They looked at QBs last year and they should this year and the next and the next. Hell I'd be happy if they get to the point where they are drafting a QB or signing an UDFA QB every couple of years like the Packers used to do.  Kinda like the Patriots have done.  Easy to do when you've already got a HOF starter I guess.  

As far as Gruden committing, I don't think that's his style.  He loves QBs and hes going to continue to look no matter who he has.  He's going to collect guys, like we have already seen from him, and see if he can do anything with them.  Too much analyzing of what somebody said or what somebody didn't say.  It's too subjective.  

If we end up getting rid of Carr you can point to certain guys who said it was going to happen and say they were right, but if we don't are they wrong?  Is it even a 50/50 guess with these type of things?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Totally agree about the Mahomes comment, flat out ridiculous. 

The most extreme comment  against Carr was that any QB is a substantial upgrade over Carr.That’s absolutely ridiculous.

Then claim Carr is worth a 2nd round pick, smh.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And @big_palooka once again acting holy and mighty and this his opinion is above the law. 

It’s a tired debate. I get it. I’m sick of it too. You think I enjoy debating in this thread? God no. This is a grueling, energy draining, and mental aggravating. I just want a decision, one way or the other, to end it. 

However, there has been extreme things said on both sides. Not just the side arguing against Carr. That’s far from the truth. The reason I keep coming back in here is some wildly outlandish takes that Carr still doesn’t have a good supporting cast. He has one of the greatest supporting cast’s in football. The ones debating for Carr want a absolute perfect scenario of: Rare #1 WR, Solid 2 and 3, Top 5 TE, Good second TE, Top 2 OL, Top 7-8 RB. It’s just so ridiculously over the top to say he still needs “more”. Even if we get a rare #1 WR, they will then complain about play calling. Do you see the non-stop vicious cycle? 

You're not debating. You're just flaming. You've not offered up any factual information. You've continued to pop in with baseless claims against Carr to fuel your narrative.

And it's COMPLETE nonsense. In one post you're saying he can't play dead and is a worthless starting QB. A beta-male who isn't obsessed with football. In the next you're saying "trade him for a 2nd round pick".  

I've literally offered no holy and mighty opinions outside the fact that your posts are complete fodder. Just attempts to incite anger against Carr's supporters. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Anything current?

Gruden and carr were full of life before the season last year. Been real quiet this offseason tho 

I mean.. it's not like he's suddenly become Jamarcus Russell and is just loafing through his career lol. Never been any doubt on his work ethic. It's a non-story.

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're not debating. You're just flaming. You've not offered up any factual information. You've continued to pop in with baseless claims against Carr to fuel your narrative.

And it's COMPLETE nonsense. In one post you're saying he can't play dead and is a worthless starting QB. A beta-male who isn't obsessed with football. In the next you're saying "trade him for a 2nd round pick".  

I've literally offered no holy and mighty opinions outside the fact that your posts are complete fodder. Just attempts to incite anger against Carr's supporters. 

At what point is it considered trolling?

If any of us support him, we're a cult, for the record.

• Like 4