New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I mean.. it's not like he's suddenly become Jamarcus Russell and is just loafing through his career lol. Never been any doubt on his work ethic. It's a non-story.

how dare you insult jawalrus, it was the purple dranks fault....all the way! lmao!  yes , ima have a few jokeses. btw yes I are an English major...but I do math gooder.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're not debating. You're just flaming. You've not offered up any factual information. You've continued to pop in with baseless claims against Carr to fuel your narrative.

And it's COMPLETE nonsense. In one post you're saying he can't play dead and is a worthless starting QB. A beta-male who isn't obsessed with football. In the next you're saying "trade him for a 2nd round pick".  

I've literally offered no holy and mighty opinions outside the fact that your posts are complete fodder. Just attempts to incite anger against Carr's supporters. 

Where am I saying dude can’t play dead? You are taking things I say totally out of context.  I’ve said on our team he is useless and many QBs are upgrades, if not most. That’s true. Carr is an average QB and does not fit in a WCO Offense. There is nothing over the top about that claim what so ever and you are building a narrative, one of your favorite words ironically. I’ve also said Carr is a terrible fit in Chicago. But I’ve also been saying for months he can go for a 2nd, maybeeee even a 1st to the Colts. He is a perfect fit for that team who has a win-now roster, best OL in the NFL, good weapons, and a offensive system that he doesn’t have to deal with timing much, one of his biggest issues. Been saying this since September when we played them and was never ever a believer in Brisset who is a Bottom 5 starter (I think you hyped up Brissett which is laughable... good ol box score scouting. Which is funny cause you flame PFF more than anyone when you also hype up box score warriors more than anyone on FF). He can be in that 14-16 range on the Colts. Although Carr will never be great. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The best we will get for Carr would be a 3rd round pick and a 6th. If it is a 2nd, it would be a swap of picks of one of ours in a 3rd.

Carr has too big of a contract to get a 1st/2nd rounder by itself. Swapping a contract for a pick rationale would equal a mid rounder

Colts are a SB Roster with the #1 OL, a Bottom 3-5 starting QB, and a offensive style that suits Carr. We could get a 2nd from them. Basically a 1st cause it’s the 2nd or 3rd pick. 

Any other team though, probably a 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Colts are a SB Roster with the #1 OL, a Bottom 3-5 starting QB, and a offensive style that suits Carr. We could get a 2nd from them. Basically a 1st cause it’s the 2nd or 3rd pick. 

Any other team though, probably a 3rd. 

I don't think so, it doesn't fit their roster moves from their management they currently have.  They won't acquire that size of a contract for a 2nd without us sending back a 3rd or us taking on a contract. We would have to find incompetent team management to get a 2nd for Carr

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At what point is it considered trolling?

If any of us support him, we're a cult, for the record.

There are valid arguments for and against Carr on the field. Bringing work ethic, his family life and calling him a beta-male to rile up his supporterrs is trolling, plain and simple. 

Dude has not had a single valid point made in regards to Carr. Everything is some opinion he has on him as a man that he wouldn't have the huevos to say to his face. 

• Like 3

If you trade Carr, trade him to an NFC team (Panthers, Bears) or hold him vs. giving him to a team like the Colts. 

Carr can play, he's solid but not spectacular. He can be the best player on the field one week and fall completely apart the next. If you can tap in and find the consistency with him, he can be your guy. But 6 years in, I've started to doubt you can. 

He doesn't need to be running around creating plays. He just needs to play within himself and make the plays that are there and he will be fine. I have no problem with him throwing a ball away on a play. It's the play he doesn't make on the next down that has become frustrating. The drive stalling back to back duds on 1st and 2nd down he will have for stretches And giving up on key downs. That is where I get the frustration with him.

When he's on and confident, you won't find many better ball throwers. It's when he's pressured, lost, head hanging in frustration and throwing crap that derails him for weeks at a time and against better teams.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The best we will get for Carr would be a 3rd round pick and a 6th. If it is a 2nd, it would be a swap of picks of one of ours in a 3rd.

Carr has too big of a contract to get a 1st/2nd rounder by itself. Swapping a contract for a pick rationale would equal a mid rounder

Carr’s contract is actually a huge selling point to a team trading for him.  His cap hit would only be $18.9m.  Guys like Jamies Winston are Going to get 33m in free agency.  And Carr has 3 years of similarly low cap hits left on his deal. A sub 20m cap hit for a QB in 2022 is like a half off coupon.  Your saying his contract is a detriment to any team trading for him and that’s absolutely false.  In fact, it’s a huge reason for trading for him and it has value.  
I’m not overestimating his value when I say he’ll easily pull a 2nd round pick and could even get us more, ie later round picks of future picks.  I don’t think he’ll pull us a 1st though.

around the league, Carr isn’t looked at like people on this board speak of him.  He’s not as bad as some say and not the messiah like the other side says.  He’s a good Starting QB on a cheap, long term contract.

I could definitely see Indy offering some type of package centering around 35 for Care, and No I don’t mean Carr, 80, 81 for 35!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There are valid arguments for and against Carr on the field. Bringing work ethic, his family life and calling him a beta-male to rile up his supporterrs is trolling, plain and simple. 

Dude has not had a single valid point made in regards to Carr. Everything is some opinion he has on him as a man that he wouldn't have the huevos to say to his face. 

This is just a bold face lie on your part. Like a complete and utter 100% lie to build your narrative and your attempts to character assassinate me. Just absolutely laughable to the lengths you will go. 

Debunk any of this. 

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If you trade Carr, trade him to an NFC team (Panthers, Bears) or hold him vs. giving him to a team like the Colts. 

Carr can play, he's solid but not spectacular. He can be the best player on the field one week and fall completely apart the next. If you can tap in and find the consistency with him, he can be your guy. But 6 years in, I've started to doubt you can. 

He doesn't need to be running around creating plays. He just needs to play within himself and make the plays that are there and he will be fine. I have no problem with him throwing a ball away on a play. It's the play he doesn't make on the next down that has become frustrating. The drive stalling back to back duds on 1st and 2nd down he will have for stretches And giving up on key downs. That is where I get the frustration with him.

When he's on and confident, you won't find many better ball throwers. It's when he's pressured, lost, head hanging in frustration and throwing crap that derails him for weeks at a time and against better teams.

I feel if we give him a 3rd year in Gruden's system and continue to build the offense, the "switch" will flip. I saw more of those moments/games in year 2 than year 1.

That's my opinion and the opinion of many "supporters". I feel that we have more to gain by rolling the dice and seeing if he's "that guy" this coming year.

I think the most underrated factor (both good and bad) is that Carr needs to have "trust" in a receiver. If he doesn't have it, he doesn't throw them the ball. We saw it with Zay Jones and injured Tyrell. He just would not do it. If he gets an offseason with his new targets, I really think he'll have a career year. I remember he used to do some improvisation with Crab because he had a deep trust in him to come down with the ball.

Again, just my opinion. 

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I feel if we give him a 3rd year in Gruden's system and continue to build the offense, the "switch" will flip. I saw more of those moments/games in year 2 than year 1.

That's my opinion and the opinion of many "supporters". I feel that we have more to gain by rolling the dice and seeing if he's "that guy" this coming year.

I think the most underrated factor (both good and bad) is that Carr needs to have "trust" in a receiver. If he doesn't have it, he doesn't throw them the ball. We saw it with Zay Jones and injured Tyrell. He just would not do it. If he gets an offseason with his new targets, I really think he'll have a career year. I remember he used to do some improvisation with Crab because he had a deep trust in him to come down with the ball.

Again, just my opinion. 

This is probably one of the better posts made in regards to Carr and spot on.  This correct line of thinking also extends to the belief that we need to give Carr quality WRs to have success.  The argument for or against has gotten too diluted.  It comes down to 2 things: 1) is there a better option available 2) if we keep Carr and he has adaquate weapons can he win.  

Carr’s contract was brilliantly structured and gives us 3 years to compete.  If you go out and get Brady at 10m more (isn’t actually nearly 15m year 1 when you factor in his dead cap) and only for 2 years it’s a shorter window and have less resources to build around with.

i believe if we give Carr Lamb/Jeudy in the draft Or Emmanuel Sanders and Ruggs or even just a 3rd round WR Carr will have enough talent around him to succeed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Carr’s contract is actually a huge selling point to a team trading for him.  His cap hit would only be $18.9m.  Guys like Jamies Winston are Going to get 33m in free agency.  And Carr has 3 years of similarly low cap hits left on his deal. A sub 20m cap hit for a QB in 2022 is like a half off coupon.  Your saying his contract is a detriment to any team trading for him and that’s absolutely false.  In fact, it’s a huge reason for trading for him and it has value.  
I’m not overestimating his value when I say he’ll easily pull a 2nd round pick and could even get us more, ie later round picks of future picks.  I don’t think he’ll pull us a 1st though.

around the league, Carr isn’t looked at like people on this board speak of him.  He’s not as bad as some say and not the messiah like the other side says.  He’s a good Starting QB on a cheap, long term contract.

I could definitely see Indy offering some type of package centering around 35 for Care, and No I don’t mean Carr, 80, 81 for 35!

It's not how teams work. Most teams aren't gonna want to absorb a large contract that still covers a good portion of the cap and give up a 2nd rounder without getting something in return or us absorbing a contract.

It only takes one fool so anything can happen

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is just a bold face lie on your part. Like a complete and utter 100% lie to build your narrative and your attempts to character assassinate me. Just absolutely laughable to the lengths you will go. 

Debunk any of this. 

The idea of "character assassinating" a random keyboard warrior with a random user name on a website of completely anonymous people is hilarious to me.

If your random avatar on Footballs Future is your character.... well

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

His contract is cheap for starting QB, especially if teams think we are making a mistake and they are getting a franchise guy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It's not how teams work. Most teams aren't gonna want to absorb a large contract that still covers a good portion of the cap and give up a 2nd rounder without getting something in return or us absorbing a contract.

It only takes one fool so anything can happen

QB position doesn't adhere to those rules.His contract is cheap it's not like he is due a new contract.

• Like 1