New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

1) Ethan is wrong his cap hit for teams trading for him is $18.9M Base salary + .1M workout bonus; 21.5m is his cap figure for us which includes 2.5m in SB proration.  We eat the last 2 years of SB proration, 5m to trade him.

2) the “its a sub market Qb deal but not a rookie deal” isn’t a valid argument. 

3) You made it sound like we would have to eat some of his salary to trade him. That just isn’t true.

1) We all dont have  specifics of his contract and whether or not there is a trade kicker

2) When the last 18 years, the super bowl winner has come from a team built around a HOF QB talent or rookie QB scale. It is certainly valid

3) Compensation. Carr's contract is favorable but it still covers 15% or more of the salary cap. Exactly why we sent back a 2nd in exchange for Mack.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:04 AM, BayRaider said:

It’s obviously either a gene trait or upbringing trait. Derek, David, and Darren are three of the most sensitive and also passive aggressive people I have ever seen. 

It's because you haven't met me. I fit the sensitive, passive aggressive trait. Got it from my Mom. Then there's my Dad's side. He would fall into the Alpha male category. Has a strong physical presence and most know where he is in a room because he's usually the one running the show or those running it are looking to make sure he doesn't interject.  I've got those traits too but usually downplay them to make others comfortable, unless I get pissed, then I'm focused and unstoppable for better or worse. I saw how people feared/respected disliked and liked my Dad depending on if he was on your side or against you. It really just depends on my mood/state/blood sugar and if I think it's worth the time/effort/bother. (Don't sweat the small stuff) I've been mistakenly called BIPOLAR but that's just ignorant people who don't actually know the DEFINITIONS they throw around. That happens A LOT in today's American Society an example is when someone's using RACIST when PREJUDICE might actually be the actual term if they actually knew what they were saying. (Most don't) It's why when people start throwing around big words IRL I'll ask them to DEFINE the word as to how they are using it. I then will usually refer to Webster's definition as my example so both parties can get a frame of reference for discussion. The basics of COMMUNICATION. Message sent and received but it's up to the sender to make sure the message is received properly (yet most don't yet again) Unfortunately this has led to some communication breakdown at my 2nd job with those who's English isn't that good. They'll ask for something and their message is misinterpreted and they don't get their desired results. Which sucks when I find out later what they really wanted and realize how I could have easily helped with just making sure the message was received properly.

My bad a tangent there and he's my point. I'm not bipolar, I'm MODELING both my parents communication styles as probably are the Carr brothers. Derek more than likely learned a lot watching David's mistakes/failures with playing the position and makes an effort to not be similar in the ways he saw it manifest. The whole nature vs nurture argument. I believe BOTH play a significant role as does EXPECTATIONS both one has of themselves and others have upon us. Environment is the #1 thing I've learned to NOT compromise on. If one has the will/means/desire/resources to change it. Where attention goes, energy flows. 

Stepping off soap box and leaving it for any who might understand and appreciate knowing thyself. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Basically imo coming down to chi and Mia 

Carr would struggle in Chicago but they Trubisky and Daniel leave a lot to be desired so he could be a better option there. Personally, I don't see Tampa as an option . The way Bruce Arians was critical on Carr on commentary, he doesn't seem like he is a fan.

Miami would be interesting. Would that signal they get rid of Fitz or do they believe Tua at #3 to the Lions is fact

On 2/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, Devilshark69 said:

feel like I should be chanting in monotone......Carr is the GOAT.....Carr is the GOAT..... some kind of inscense burning, maybe a goat to sacrifice? maybe carr? he`s the goat! lmao!  sorry guys....the devil made me do it !

(pun intended) GOATta say it 3 times and he appears...Wait that's Candyman. Keep repeating it until it's true or until you're tired of saying it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ima huge believer in body language and facial expressions. My dad gave me a book he bought in the 60’s called “ how to read a person like a book” and 95% of the material is still relevant today.

Good book. Recently got it to understand how my body language is probably being interpreted. 

Then in another post you said... 

"interesting tho I saw in a interview last night in the last 20 years only Brady, Brees and Manning were super bowl winning qbs not on their rookie contract. Meaning it’s hard to pay qbs and field a respectable team."

I think this is why many of Carr's supporters want to keep rolling with him. If he can't win we replace him with a rookie we groom now or trade up in the coming years for a top guy.

Edited by G

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Could be just coincidence that he posted this TBH. 

IF it is because of the trade rumors, yes, yet another another example of him being sensitive and a beta male. However, we have no evidence this wasn’t coincidence. 

Really it is all guessing. Could just be a simple TBT post 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G said:

It's because you haven't met me. I fit the sensitive, passive aggressive trait. Got it from my Mom. Then there's my Dad's side. He would fall into the Alpha male category. Has a strong physical presence and most know where he is in a room because he's usually the one running the show or those running it are looking to make sure he doesn't interject.  I've got those traits too but usually downplay them to make others comfortable, unless I get pissed, then I'm focused and unstoppable for better or worse. I saw how people feared/respected disliked and liked my Dad depending on if he was on your side or against you. It really just depends on my mood/state/blood sugar and if I think it's worth the time/effort/bother. (Don't sweat the small stuff) I've been mistakenly called BIPOLAR but that's just ignorant people who don't actually know the DEFINITIONS they throw around. That happens A LOT in today's American Society an example is when someone's using RACIST when PREJUDICE might actually be the actual term if they actually knew what they were saying. (Most don't) It's why when people start throwing around big words IRL I'll ask them to DEFINE the word as to how they are using it. I then will usually refer to Webster's definition as my example so both parties can get a frame of reference for discussion. The basics of COMMUNICATION. Message sent and received but it's up to the sender to make sure the message is received properly (yet most don't yet again) Unfortunately this has led to some communication breakdown at my 2nd job with those who's English isn't that good. They'll ask for something and their message is misinterpreted and they don't get their desired results. Which sucks when I find out later what they really wanted and realize how I could have easily helped with just making sure the message was received properly.

My bad a tangent there and he's my point. I'm not bipolar, I'm MODELING both my parents communication styles as probably are the Carr brothers. Derek more than likely learned a lot watching David's mistakes/failures with playing the position and makes an effort to not be similar in the ways he saw it manifest. The whole nature vs nurture argument. I believe BOTH play a significant role as does EXPECTATIONS both one has of themselves and others have upon us. Environment is the #1 thing I've learned to NOT compromise on. If one has the will/means/desire/resources to change it. Where attention goes, energy flows. 

Stepping off soap box and leaving it for any who might understand and appreciate knowing thyself. 

Good stuff and interesting. Unfortunately imo sports especially football sensitivity gets exploited. You have to have tough skin you can’t show any weaknesses. 

*rant* had this one player when I was coaching pop warner who was scared to death of getting hit or just basically playing football. In practice everyone knew he was scared, soft, sensitive and inexperienced. I gravitate towards kids like that. Long story short we had injuries and he had to play. He was literally shaking when I called his name. But i told him “I know you’re scared, your teammates know you’re scared but guess what the other team doesn’t.” I told him he can basically recreate himself right now. He bought in and had a good game. *rant over*

point is even if you’re scared, soft, sensitive there’s certain times when you can be yourself and show it but it’s other times when you can’t similar to what you mentioned. Especially when you’re considered a leader. If your leader taps out game over. Everyone isn’t built to be a leader. 

I’ve never had a serious injury (worst was strained knee minor hyperextended) playing basketball. Concussions weren’t serious when I played. But I can imagine my approach to a game I got seriously injured in would change. Especially having a family and kids. Unfortunately life is a big deal only thing I can say is it seems like Carr’s priorities don’t include football at the top.

cant hate him but I’m a raiders fan not a carr family member. Sucks but I care more about the raiders than carr. But I bet Carr’s family cares more about him than the raiders it is what it is.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

Was listing to the Middlekauff podcast at the gym this morning and he mentioned how Vincent Bonsignore the guy from the Vegas papers who use to cover the Rams that now covers the Raiders. Vinny did put out that story a couple days ago about Carr. John mentioned that Vinny is basically an agenda pusher for Mark Davis and the Raiders. Middlekauff thinks there is something about that Vinny report since he is so well connected to Mark. 

Cannot wait for the combine cause it will be very interesting. 

• Like 1