New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

Just now, Steins Gate said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe the WCO is designed for the QB to throw to a WR 1 yard short if the 1st down marker. This leaves it up to the WR to break a tackle for the 1st down. Throwing it 3 to 4 yards short of the marker is NOT how it's taught. 

You are correct. 1-2 yards can be acceptable depending on the target. What Carr does it not acceptable what so ever and explains Grudens frustrations with him. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tannehil kept the play alive as long he could because it’s 3rd down and he’s not gonna settle for a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 7. Carr would of thrown a 3 yard pass to Waller or Richard wayyyy before the sack, completely giving up on the 3rd down.

I mean, that's exactly what Tannehill did earlier in the 3rd quarter. On their 1st drive of the 2nd half iirc.

• Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I mean, that's exactly what Tannehill did earlier in the 3rd quarter. On their 1st drive of the 2nd half iirc.

That’s not his playing style though. Tannehil has been the most aggressive QB in the NFL this year behind only Mahomes. Heck, he led the NFL with 9.6 YPA. Most in Super Era History. Carr throwing well short of the chains on 3rd is basically his reputation. That’s how he is known and looked upon by all Non-Raider fans. Without bias. It’s his reputation. 

• Like 1

Mark Davis is gonna want to make a splash in Vegas. Tom Brady is the perfect target to open Vegas. Derek Carr is just not a headline QB while Tom Brady is a must see attraction. The UFC fight was the 1st step. I believe we are likely to sign Tom Brady. 

At the end of the day, Mark Davis signs the checks. DC is just not a Marquee player to be opening Las Vegas at.

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Mark Davis is gonna want to make a splash in Vegas. Tom Brady is the perfect target to open Vegas. Derek Carr is just not a headline QB while Tom Brady is a must see attraction. The UFC fight was the 1st step. I believe we are likely to sign Tom Brady. 

At the end of the day, Mark Davis signs the checks. DC is just not a Marquee player to be opening Las Vegas at.

I hope this is true. Just so this thread can die. 

Also, we can get to the playoffs baring serious injuries. 

• Like 4

Carr is Andy Dalton. You can spend ten seasons thinking he is good enough if the team around him is great. There are some thinking Carr ids more talented than Carr. LOL. What is Jiimy G21-6 or something. He won five straight with a bad 49er team, Carr is meh. So, if you like meh that's great.

5 hours ago, Totty said:

The Messiah Tannhill taking a sack on 3&7.  Smdh. 

Tannehill championship game. Carr can't smell a winning season. Tannehill took a team that wasn't gonna make the playoffs and took them to one game away. Carr needs to ask permission to hold his jock strap.

Edited by ragingraider

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I dont disagree about Carr but Tom Brady in silver and black on the opening season of our state of the art facility?!? NOOOOOOOOO I'm very well aware it's a step up in quality of the position but for how long? Brady has 2 maybe 3 at the very most years left in fact he may have a big fall off this upcoming season. The last thing this organization needs is to look desperate and dysfunctional by grasping at the fading years of probably the most hated player of this fanbase and have it turn into a fiasco. If it works sure we have a couple good seasons but I don't see a superbowl with our roster yet, give Carr one more season and if we can't get above .500 next season time to move on.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That’s not his playing style though. Tannehil has been the most aggressive QB in the NFL this year behind only Mahomes. Heck, he led the NFL with 9.6 YPA. Most in Super Era History. Carr throwing well short of the chains on 3rd is basically his reputation. That’s how he is known and looked upon by all Non-Raider fans. Without bias. It’s his reputation. 

OMG YOU AND THIS STUPID Y/A STAT. NO ONE CARES ABOUT Y/A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Just saying it, "Yards Per Attempt", it sounds like a stat that doesn't matter

Edited by OG_C2X

Just now, OG_C2X said:

OMG YOU AND THIS STUPID Y/A STAT. NO ONE CARES ABOUT Y/A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch games. I’ve seen 90% of Titan games and all of Tannehils. 3-4 in full and rest 60 minute condensed (still every play minus maybe a few punts).  Try to watch em all throughout the week and try to catch 85-90% of the NFL Season. 

Anyways, YPA does matter. It matters a lot. It is one of the biggest formulas in traditional QB Rating for a reason. 

Carr is a dink and dunker. Literally always has been. Five coaching staffs. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Watch games. I’ve seen 90% of Titan games and all of Tannehils. 3-4 in full and rest 60 minute condensed (still every play minus maybe a few punts).  Try to watch em all throughout the week and try to catch 85-90% of the NFL Season. 

Anyways, YPA does matter. It matters a lot. It is one of the biggest formulas in traditional QB Rating for a reason. 

Carr is a dink and dunker. Literally always has been. Five coaching staffs. 

OK, so let me get this straight. YPA is "one of the biggest formulas in traditional QB Rating" and "Carr is a dink and dunker". Yet Carr has one of the highest Traditional QB Rating in the NFL this year. You see why you sound moronic?

It is actually the least relevant part to 4 parts that comprise QB Rating. Y/A in the early 2000's as more passes started being thrown it was discovered and widely accepted that the amount of yards you have in comparison to the amount of pass attempts you have MEANS relatively little about the QB and more about the game flow, offensive style and coaching. Only in the last few years with the emergence of Next Gen Stats and PFF did Y/A make a comeback.

I was coaching QB's for 10 years after holding a clipboard as a 3rd string QB at Cal Berkeley for 3 years and never once did anyone preach Y/A. 

26 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

OK, so let me get this straight. YPA is "one of the biggest formulas in traditional QB Rating" and "Carr is a dink and dunker". Yet Carr has one of the highest Traditional QB Rating in the NFL this year. You see why you sound moronic?

It is actually the least relevant part to 4 parts that comprise QB Rating. Y/A in the early 2000's as more passes started being thrown it was discovered and widely accepted that the amount of yards you have in comparison to the amount of pass attempts you have MEANS relatively little about the QB and more about the game flow, offensive style and coaching. Only in the last few years with the emergence of Next Gen Stats and PFF did Y/A make a comeback.

I was coaching QB's for 10 years after holding a clipboard as a 3rd string QB at Cal Berkeley for 3 years and never once did anyone preach Y/A. 

Wait 13 years and nobody never preach pushing the ball down the field. Challenge corners and giving wrs a chance to make plays. I find that very hard to believe. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Wait 13 years and nobody never preach pushing the ball down the field. Challenge corners and giving wrs a chance to make plays. I find that very hard to believe. 

You are taught to play within the offense and take what the defense gives you and live to play another down. Situations dictate the risk levels. But at the end of the day you make the risk vs reward calculation in your head and make a decision. Do I love EVERY SINGLE decision Carr makes? No, but I don't love every decision a lot of guys makes, and it's easy for me to see on my couch. Do I love that he throws the ball away on 3rd and 4 when he has a clear running lane to take TRY to get the first? No, but I love that he is taking the next snap instead of being carted off the field.

But that isn't BayRaiders point. He is in love with the Y/A stat. Never in any meetings did coaches stress this stat. Never was y/a part of the evaluation process. 

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You are taught to play within the offense and take what the defense gives you and live to play another down. Situations dictate the risk levels. But at the end of the day you make the risk vs reward calculation in your head and make a decision. Do I love EVERY SINGLE decision Carr makes? No, but I don't love every decision a lot of guys makes, and it's easy for me to see on my couch. Do I love that he throws the ball away on 3rd and 4 when he has a clear running lane to take TRY to get the first? No, but I love that he is taking the next snap instead of being carted off the field.

But that isn't BayRaiders point. He is in love with the Y/A stat. Never in any meetings did coaches stress this stat. Never was y/a part of the evaluation process. 

So you like that he plays soft to avoid injury? Maybe he shouldn't be playing this game if that's actually on his mind.