New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

47 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i think its easier said than done. especially when this is the 3rd off season in a row its been this way.

The best way to shut everyone up is to be successful. 

exp: carr sucks in cold weather games 

shut everything down by balling out in a cold weather game 

just that simple 

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a far stretch....I respectful disagree... we don’t know what he was thinking or the reasoning for the posts... it could be good or bad.... it’s how the viewer portrays it

You’re right It is just my opinion he could just be bored who knows but I haven’t seen one post having him doing anything to better himself for next year.

we all know from his previous interviews/ run ins with the media that he can’t handle criticism from the media well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Id rather have Brady and Jacob Eason over Carr.

seeing as how ive said all along im in if there`s a plan and it DOES in fact improve the qb position, I would be perfectly fine with this. or brady and love if that's grudens guy, or brady and Herbert. that's at least a plan, and youll never catch me saying carr is better than brady...even at 42.lol

Curious... are other teams fans as brutal about their QBs when they struggle? 

Raider fans seem so arrogant and make things personal against Carr who an upstanding guy. Great father, cares for his community and uses his wealth to positively effect the lives of others. He deserves better than what people throw at him on social media. 

Are Bears fans this disrespectful towards Trubisky for example?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raider fans seem so arrogant and make things personal against Carr who an upstanding guy. Great father, cares for his community and uses his wealth to positively effect the lives of others. He deserves better than what people throw at him on social media. 

No one is doubting Carr is a great, phenomenal, A+ class person. He’s a great guy. 

However, he is indeed extremely sensitive and passive aggressive (not debatable at this point) and seems to be lacking in mental toughness. Big time. To be a successful QB in this league you need to be gritty and tough, with a mentally strong personality. This is not Carr. And when has the last time a QB without this been successful? Ever.....? 

yep they are , you know this , hell, manning won 2 SBs in ny, and ill bet he was hit with the same or worse. I`ll bet andy Dalton gets trashed in cincy, even though he accomplished just as much as carson or close,...on a so so team wiith so so management. Carr is not jesus reborn in a raider uni (walkin on water and all that.lol) but all I gotta do is think about ALL the qb`s since plunkett not named gannon or hostetler, and its a whos who of bums, busts, has beens and never beens….straight up! and no , he doesn't deserve what some fans say about him...at all. but in this "I want it now" world of instant gratification it is what it is, and its only gonna get worse in the future.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think most fans think Carr is a good guy it's probably only a few here.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No one is doubting Carr is a great, phenomenal, A+ class person. He’s a great guy. 

However, he is indeed extremely sensitive and passive aggressive (not debatable at this point) and seems to be lacking in mental toughness. Big time. To be a successful QB in this league you need to be gritty and tough, with a mentally strong personality. This is not Carr. And when has the last time a QB without this been successful? Ever.....? 

the qb I just mentioned above is quiet, good guy clean cut type, not a huge vocal leader. I don't know if youd call eli manning an "alpha " personality. IMO

31 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

yep they are , you know this , hell, manning won 2 SBs in ny, and ill bet he was hit with the same or worse. I`ll bet andy Dalton gets trashed in cincy, even though he accomplished just as much as carson or close,...on a so so team wiith so so management. Carr is not jesus reborn in a raider uni (walkin on water and all that.lol) but all I gotta do is think about ALL the qb`s since plunkett not named gannon or hostetler, and its a whos who of bums, busts, has beens and never beens….straight up! and no , he doesn't deserve what some fans say about him...at all. but in this "I want it now" world of instant gratification it is what it is, and its only gonna get worse in the future.

I think Carr is better than Manning but, similar. Manning was being run out of town before SB here in NY.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

the qb I just mentioned above is quiet, good guy clean cut type, not a huge vocal leader. I don't know if youd call eli manning an "alpha " personality. IMO

Eli is pretty goofy but he definitely doesn’t lack in mental toughness and not sensitive. To me, he actually is gritty and tough. Is he a commanding alpha? No, but he’s far from a beta. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

38 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I think most fans think Carr is a good guy it's probably only a few here.

Not what I was saying. I was saying he deserves better than some fans treat him online. 

41 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How is this not debatable? How is he passive aggressive? How can you say he's extremely sensitive? You literally don't 

Mental toughness? He played with a broken back because he wanted to be there for his team. He dislocated a finger and came back and lead them to a win. He's played nicked up a lot. That takes a lot of mental toughness. That's toughness and grit you're so adamant about. 

He's been on some bad teams. Bad talent, etc. and never pointed fingers. That sounds like mental toughness to me. So yes... it's HIGHLY debatable.

• Like 6

When Carr has played with confidence in his supporting cast, he shown he can really ball. Fit the ball anywhere, make plays a lot of QBs can't make.

To say he's not mentally tough is completely lazy. 

I question Carr's ability to lead a team deep in the playoffs. But he's a workable QB. You can win with him. Bottom line is if the Raiders don't fix the defense, it doesn't matter who they QB is, they won't keep pace with the Chiefs.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

When Carr has played with confidence in his supporting cast, he shown he can really ball. Fit the ball anywhere, make plays a lot of QBs can't make.

To say he's not mentally tough is completely lazy. 

I question Carr's ability to lead a team deep in the playoffs. But he's a workable QB. You can win with him. Bottom line is if the Raiders don't fix the defense, it doesn't matter who they QB is, they won't keep pace with the Chiefs.

I agree. Really my biggest criticism of Carr is i wish he'd fire ball down field more and take chances. Love that he protects ball, but sometimes just let it fly.