New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

There is at least 30+ examples of him being passive aggressive and sensitive since 2017. Challenging first take to a cage match? Throwing passive aggressive and sensitive jabs any time a trade rumor or QB draft rumor pops up? Throwing the team under the bus in several losses in a completely passive aggressive style? Shutting completely down after consistent pressure OR WRs not being WIDE open? (this last one is purely a mental toughness issue). These are just a few, a new example pops up every couple weeks like clockwork. 

Sensitivity/Passive Aggressiveness are directly related to mental toughness. 

Derek, Darren, and David are ALL this way. It was obviously an upbringing issue with probably entitlement growing up. That’s usually what does it. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

When Carr has played with confidence in his supporting cast, he shown he can really ball. Fit the ball anywhere, make plays a lot of QBs can't make.

To say he's not mentally tough is completely lazy. 

I question Carr's ability to lead a team deep in the playoffs. But he's a workable QB. You can win with him. Bottom line is if the Raiders don't fix the defense, it doesn't matter who they QB is, they won't keep pace with the Chiefs.

Carr has been dealt a tough hand since being here.

• He had a few brutal injuries
  •  new management who tore it all down to win with their guys. Over 75% of the starters barely been on the team 2 years
  • main wideout checked out (Cooper),  because he didn't like an in your face coach
  • new systems, Del Rio was clown and changing systems on him before Gruden
  • Reggie had to be replaced, because he missed on so many picks since Carr/Mack draft class. No infusion in talent for years
  • AB went crazy last year and lacked weapons as a result. Huge loss right before the season
  • Defense was sucked since he has been here, and Gruden traded the one all pro lol

Haters will say those are excuses, but those are facts. Yet he still flashed and had a solid year. DC wasn't an all pro but wasn't a bum like many make him out to be. Look how Brady struggled last year with no weapons with the 1 defense. Even Rodgers looked washed without playmakers besides Devante Adams. We need a Qb is a such a lazy narrative, need to improve the wideouts and defense. Gruden tried but AB was a fiasco, and Cooper was soft. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah it’s childish in a way but isn’t this the thick skin, don’t be a Protestant Preacher Boy softy that everyone makes fun of him for not having.

Thick skin? How about not paying attention to the media

Replace Carr with any "diva" WR and people would be losing their heads of them posting pictures with other rumored teams.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Lol and Brady posting pictures of him walking out of a tunnel isn’t?

my gosh the dude says nothing and people call him soft, he post trolling photos and people say he’s unprofessional. I don’t care, at least he’s got a sense of humor about this. Lol

Hulu Commercial

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Curious... are other teams fans as brutal about their QBs when they struggle? 

Raider fans seem so arrogant and make things personal against Carr who an upstanding guy. Great father, cares for his community and uses his wealth to positively effect the lives of others. He deserves better than what people throw at him on social media. 

Are Bears fans this disrespectful towards Trubisky for example?

Absolutely bears fans are. Lol. Is this a serious question. Bears fans destroy him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

When Carr has played with confidence in his supporting cast, he shown he can really ball. Fit the ball anywhere, make plays a lot of QBs can't make.

To say he's not mentally tough is completely lazy. 

I question Carr's ability to lead a team deep in the playoffs. But he's a workable QB. You can win with him. Bottom line is if the Raiders don't fix the defense, it doesn't matter who they QB is, they won't keep pace with the Chiefs.

Lol man you change your opinion with whoever you feel like arguing with at the time. You was on the I want Carr out of town bandwagon to. So now few people are over the top on that bandwagon you want to walk it back. He is a workable qb is everything is right on his side of the ball. But he isnt good enough to make up for a bad wr or a right tackle missing a few games.

And I'm bout sick of this trust issue/excuse to. He dont even give guys a chance to earn his trust. Than one bad game or two drops shouldnt immediately lose his trust either. What if the oline lost trust in Carr every time his pocket awareness sucked. Or wrs lost trust every time he read the defense wrong. How would that go. 

All this about him as a person and social media posts are just waste of time. He doesn't read defenses good enough. He doesn't make plays enough. He doesn't lead his side of the ball good enough. Let's move on already. I'm sick of the carr argument. He is sick of the rumors. But the good QBs dont deal with this every year. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Lol man you change your opinion with whoever you feel like arguing with at the time. You was on the I want Carr out of town bandwagon to. So now few people are over the top on that bandwagon you want to walk it back. He is a workable qb is everything is right on his side of the ball. But he isnt good enough to make up for a bad wr or a right tackle missing a few games.

I'm still firmly on that bandwagon. I don't think Carr is the future of this franchise and think he's a middling QB overall. I am actively looking to upgrade if I am the GM. 

I don't think he's a git with Gruden and needs a change of scenery. 

That said, he's not as down right horrible as some make him out. And I will defend some of the nonsensical stuff like this beta-male crap one poster wants to keep slinging.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

What is this guy even talking about? He had 267 yards passing. He clinched the game by not sliding out of bounds. The offense was red crossed by that time with  Renferow was out, Williams on a bum leg, and i think Moreu was also out at that time. Who was he throwing to? Oh yeah Waller who had over 100 yards on the day.  Jacobs was effectively shut down, he averaged 3.7 yards a carry that game. Ran the ball for 24 times with less than 100 yards. 

Honestly this dude sounds like one of those Bay Area types who’s upset that the Raiders lost their final home games. 

I also noticed he didn’t tag Carr so either Carr blocked him (very likely) or he didn’t want to tag him because he’s going off on some fake news and he’d have been called out. 

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Carr has been dealt a tough hand since being here.

• He had a few brutal injuries
  •  new management who tore it all down to win with their guys. Over 75% of the starters barely been on the team 2 years
  • main wideout checked out (Cooper),  because he didn't like an in your face coach
  • new systems, Del Rio was clown and changing systems on him before Gruden
  • Reggie had to be replaced, because he missed on so many picks since Carr/Mack draft class. No infusion in talent for years
  • AB went crazy last year and lacked weapons as a result. Huge loss right before the season
  • Defense was sucked since he has been here, and Gruden traded the one all pro lol

Haters will say those are excuses, but those are facts. Yet he still flashed and had a solid year. DC wasn't an all pro but wasn't a bum like many make him out to be. Look how Brady struggled last year with no weapons with the 1 defense. Even Rodgers looked washed without playmakers besides Devante Adams. We need a Qb is a such a lazy narrative, need to improve the wideouts and defense. Gruden tried but AB was a fiasco, and Cooper was soft. 

Don’t forget about the 2 month road trip.

My thing is, maybe he is a little sensitive to rumors. It seems to be that way given what we've seen. But none of you have ever dealt with it, so stop acting like you'd take the high road all the time. Comes off as disingenuous and just silly. "just ignore the media" is also easier said than done. They talk about Carr on every show and a lot. His brother is in. The media and I'm sure tell him when things are said too. 

The media is everywhere now and it isn't as simple as just not reading the paper. I wish Carr was a little less sensitive to media rumors and criticism, course but I can't say how I'd feel because I haven't been in those shoes. I'd for sure be disappointed when my teams fans turn on me any chance they get when I'm giving my all on the field every time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

What is this guy even talking about? He had 267 yards passing. He clinched the game by not sliding out of bounds. The offense was red crossed by that time with  Renferow was out, Williams on a bum leg, and i think Moreu was also out at that time. Who was he throwing to? Oh yeah Waller who had over 100 yards on the day.  Jacobs was effectively shut down, he averaged 3.7 yards a carry that game. Ran the ball for 24 times with less than 100 yards. 

Honestly this dude sounds like one of those Bay Area types who’s upset that the Raiders lost their final home games. 

I also noticed he didn’t tag Carr so either Carr blocked him (very likely) or he didn’t want to tag him because he’s going off on some fake news and he’d have been called out. 

Too funny. Guys who want to get rid of Carr complain about excuses, but they're quick to just make things up as reasons to get rid of him.