New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

@oakdb36 you at one point of this season said you was done with Carr. Why? If he is as good as Tannehill or Jimmy g. Why was you done with him at that moment? Clearly if he is as good as those 2 its proven all you got to do is build good teams around them. Why be done with him? 

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jacobs missed 3 games tho

10 carries or less 2 games last season almost like he missed 5 games 

I agree our offense goes through josh but it’s hard to compare because they weren’t used the same

that carr stat is depressing tho 23 td in 16 games dam 

I think this was lost in the scheme of the season. Not having Jacobs in the game really weakens the Raiders effectiveness in the red zone. Teams sellout to beat the pass which is a reason for a poor showing in the red zone. Many say the offense goes through Jacobs and when he’s out the team can’t overcome it. Once again there’s a huge lack of depth on this team. 

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think this was lost in the scheme of the season. Not having Jacobs in the game really weakens the Raiders effectiveness in the red zone. Teams sellout to beat the pass which is a reason for a poor showing in the red zone. Many say the offense goes through Jacobs and when he’s out the team can’t overcome it. Once again there’s a huge lack of depth on this team. 

That's when your QB supposed to step up it's actually a shame that Jacob's is more important than Carr.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't know what the numbers suggest but i know what the results are. If Henry doesn't get going, the Titans have a losing record.

Tannehill passing threat opened things up for Henry plain and simple defense could no longer just concentrate on him, because Tannehill was making big plays.

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

@oakdb36 you at one point of this season said you was done with Carr. Why? If he is as good as Tannehill or Jimmy g. Why was you done with him at that moment? Clearly if he is as good as those 2 its proven all you got to do is build good teams around them. Why be done with him? 

I don't trust him in pressure situations. And I don't really trust those 2 either. Imo, they're all part of this average group of QBs. I'd love to have an elite QB and that won't be Carr but i also know it's very hard to find one. The best option at this point is to keep building the team. I don't see it resulting in a title but that's the first step to take.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I like that he plays SMART to avoid injury. The best ability is availability. 

This is why is 6 years Watson, Mahomes, Kyler, Allen, and Jackson will be out of the league with injury after injury and, if they are lucky, a ring. While Carr will still be the Raiders QB with ringS in his trophy case. 

Straight delusional.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I like that he plays SMART to avoid injury. The best ability is availability. 

This is why is 6 years Watson, Mahomes, Kyler, Allen, and Jackson will be out of the league with injury after injury and, if they are lucky, a ring. While Carr will still be the Raiders QB with ringS in his trophy case. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

I don't see many ever mention how bad the franchise has been run up until recently. How about all the turn over? How many QBs are successful when you have a new HC and Offense system every year or two years? 

Our defense hasn't been good at all in last decade. 

I'm not saying Carr is top 5 QB but you guys blaming just him is crazy. It's from the top down. We have had one of the least talented rosters for a while. If we can add talent to a good draft from last year in FA and this draft then we can judge a little better. 

I'm tired of he needs more weapons to judge him better just look at how he plays, over 100 passes behind the LOS, Wont throw a pass over 20 yards, giving up on plays, sulking on the sideline by himself, horrible in the redzone. What happens if we draft Lamb and he doesn't throw it to him pass 10 yards?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm tired of he needs more weapons to judge him better just look at how he plays, over 100 passes behind the LOS, Wont throw a pass over 20 yards, giving up on plays, sulking on the sideline by himself, horrible in the redzone. What happens if we draft Lamb and he doesn't throw it to him pass 10 yards?

That wasn't my point. The franchise hasn't even been consistent itself. How do you expect to win like that? Great QBs elevatev people around then too a degree. Carr isn't great, he's good. So he needs some help. But playing for 5 different offenses in 6 years isn't helpful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

That wasn't my point. The franchise hasn't even been consistent itself. How do you expect to win like that? Great QBs elevatev people around then too a degree. Carr isn't great, he's good. So he needs some help. But playing for 5 different offenses in 6 years isn't helpful.

7th year is the charm huh?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

7th year is the charm huh?

No, but who do we sign right now that's better and improves spot? It's not like he's a turn over machine with terrible accuracy. 

For his 2nd year in system he put up solid numbers. He needs to be better for sure especially in redzone.

I'd trade Carr for burrows. But that's not reality

Edited by roi34

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

That's when your QB supposed to step up it's actually a shame that Jacob's is more important than Carr.

Wow lol people say the offense is a running one and then they get upset when the team can’t function without it. 

Even Russell Wilson struggled when he lost his starter at RB. Jackson struggled when Ingram went down. These are two of the best at their position and even then the offense wasn’t hitting its potential and is a reason why both teams lost.