New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

One of the things that actually makes Carr a pretty valuable trade chip, IMO, is the way that his contract is structured. He's due $21.5M in 2020, $21.5M in 2021 ($2.5M cap hit), and $19.8M in 2022 (No cap hit). That's likely significantly less than what a team would have to pay someone in free agency and you can walk away anytime after next season with zero real cap implications. 

• Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

One of the things that actually makes Carr a pretty valuable trade chip, IMO, is the way that his contract is structured. He's due $21.5M in 2020, $21.5M in 2021 ($2.5M cap hit), and $19.8M in 2022 (No cap hit). That's likely significantly less than what a team would have to pay someone in free agency and you can walk away anytime after next season with zero real cap implications. 

I love it. Not too expensive and easy to walk away from is perfect. I hope we get at least a second 

48 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I love it. Not too expensive and easy to walk away from is perfect. I hope we get at least a second 

Grudock aren't mentally handicapped like you are. He knows what he has in Carr. He knows that he is a franchise QB. The only way Carr isnt the QB in 2020 is if Brady is signed. 

With that being said. Grudock will not sign Brady unless Carr is traded for a 2020 first, 2 2020 2nds or a 2020 2nd and 2021 1st. Otherwise it's not an upgrade. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Grudock aren't mentally handicapped like you are. He knows what he has in Carr. He knows that he is a franchise QB. The only way Carr isnt the QB in 2020 is if Brady is signed. 

With that being said. Grudock will not sign Brady unless Carr is traded for a 2020 first, 2 2020 2nds or a 2020 2nd and 2021 1st. Otherwise it's not an upgrade. 

Grudock ain’t awful at evaluating players like you are they recognize the scared little QB that can’t see the field they will upgrade. Sorry bud your boy is as good as gone. Maybe you can lend a shoulder to cry on for the Carr brothers. There are more options than just Brady and there are some QB’s in the draft. I highly doubt anyone hands a first and more over that’s just bad form but hey it’s you. We knew more bad takes were just a OG_C2X away to go wrong

Edited by Gannon12
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I like the quote from allbright

“Mayock knows what he has and what he doesn’t have with carr”

“Gruden is in love with case Keenum”

imo don’t be surprised Keenum plus a rookie if carr is gone

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Grudock ain’t awful at evaluating players like you are they recognize the scared little QB that can’t see the field they will upgrade. Sorry bud your boy is as good as gone. Maybe you can lend a shoulder to cry on for the Carr brothers. There are more options than just Brady and there are some QB’s in the draft. I highly doubt anyone hands a first and more over that’s just bad form but hey it’s you. We knew more bad takes were just a OG_C2X away to go wrong

Let’s make a bet. He’s not going anywhere. Name the terms. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like the quote from allbright

“Mayock knows what he has and what he doesn’t have with carr”

“Gruden is in love with case Keenum”

imo don’t be surprised Keenum plus a rookie if carr is gone

Case Keenum will never play QB for the Raiders I promise you that.

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Let’s make a bet. He’s not going anywhere. Name the terms. 

I've been one of the biggest Carr detractors on the board but I agree with you. I think Carr is all but locked into the starting spot for at least one more year and if we're going to bring in another quarterback it will either be a rookie or a high end backup (Keenum/Mariota). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Case Keenum will never play QB for the Raiders I promise you that.

I actually think there's a decent chance we keep Carr and bring in either Keenum or Mariota as a high end backup to push him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I actually think there's a decent chance we keep Carr and bring in either Keenum or Mariota as a high end backup to push him. 

Yeah it’s actually funny despite how polarized this board... it’s probably most likely the most middle of the ground thing happens:  sign get FA to compete with Carr.

Bringing in Tom Brady to replace Carr would more or less be a PR stunt to get some butts into the seats in Vegas. (Although it won't be an issue either way, signing Brady would certainly add some star appeal/hype, one of the things that they were expecting AB to provide as we moved)

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I personally think Gruden is in love with Kizer. He gushed about it on the Gruden camp. And then gushed about him when we picked him up off waivers

I should have cleared that up though. I guarantee Case Keenum will never start a game for the raiders as long as Carr is healthy. Could he be signed as a high end backup? Sure. But everyone with half a brain for football knows Case couldn’t hold Carr’s jockstrap as a QB.

Edited by OG_C2X

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not a case fan but I’m curious why you say that?

supposedly gruden’s system would be better for case than carr.

Because Case Keenum sucks.

He might be best fit to be a WCO QB, but the reality is, he isn’t a “fit” in any offense because he is a trash QB. He is a backup and nothing more. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Imo this offseason you either sell or keep carr until his contract expires. don’t think his trade value will be any higher than it is now.