New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Because Case Keenum sucks.

He might be best fit to be a WCO QB, but the reality is, he isn’t a “fit” in any offense because he is a trash QB. He is a backup and nothing more. 

I agree he’s nothing but a cheap seat warmer to “bridge” for a rookie. Wonder why gruden supposedly so in love with him. Allbright mentioned jay snatched him before Jon could get him

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not a case fan but I’m curious why you say that?

supposedly gruden’s system would be better for case than carr.

Carr is a perfect fit for Grudens offense. Above average mobility. Lightning quick release. Pinpoint accuracy within 15 yards. And an above average deep ball. His biggest weakness IMO is his play action fakes. They aren’t convincing. He needs to work on that for sure. As the PA deep shot are key to Grudens offense.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree he’s nothing but a cheap seat warmer to “bridge” for a rookie. Wonder why gruden supposedly so in love with him. Allbright mentioned jay snatched him before Jon could get him

I don’t think Gruden loves him. I think Albright is a hack and a half to be honest. I think he makes **** up, that “make sense” and hopes it sticks. 

He is like a conspiracy theorist IMO. Takes unrelated topics (jay signing Case to steal him fro Jon) and puts them together and then creates a narrative that it backs and then runs with it as fact. I don’t believe Gruden had any interest in Case except as a backup and Jay signed him to be the bridge starter. 

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Carr is a perfect fit for Grudens offense. Above average mobility. Lightning quick release. Pinpoint accuracy within 15 yards. And an above average deep ball. His biggest weakness IMO is his play action fakes. They aren’t convincing. He needs to work on that for sure. As the PA deep shot are key to Grudens offense.

Another thing that was mentioned was that gruden would get frustrated when he’d call “take a shot deep” plays and carr would elect to check down or throw it away. They stated that a guy like case would understand what’s going on a take more shots when Jon called them because in the grand scheme even if you miss it keeps the defense honest.

that was interesting because I’ve heard people here mention carr is checking down and throwing it away because gruden tell him to.

i have to do homework on case I literally know nothing about him except he’s a journeyman who keeps getting replaced. Stopgap guy

7 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I don’t think Gruden loves him. I think Albright is a hack and a half to be honest. I think he makes **** up, that “make sense” and hopes it sticks. 

He is like a conspiracy theorist IMO. Takes unrelated topics (jay signing Case to steal him fro Jon) and puts them together and then creates a narrative that it backs and then runs with it as fact. I don’t believe Gruden had any interest in Case except as a backup and Jay signed him to be the bridge starter. 

Interesting you could be right 

never heard of allbright until yesterday honestly put supposedly he has credibility and credentials 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Another thing that was mentioned was that gruden would get frustrated when he’d call “take a shot deep” plays and carr would elect to check down or throw it away. They stated that a guy like case would understand what’s going on a take more shots when Jon called them because in the grand scheme even if you miss it keeps the defense honest.

that was interesting because I’ve heard people here mention carr is checking down and throwing it away because gruden tell him to.

i have to do homework on case I literally know nothing about him except he’s a journeyman who keeps getting replaced. Stopgap guy

I haven't heard the first part. But I do miss stuff so I'm not saying it isnt true... 

I really think the issue with his taking chances is his lack of trust. He took plenty of shots with Crabtree and Cooper.

I think it's a combination of Gruden getting in Carr's head about about limiting turnovers and Carr not trusting his WR. Hopefully that will improve this year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Yeah all 8 of those picks were pathetic 

“Franchise” LOL didn’t know you did Standup 

i mean im no DC apologist but there were a few great defensive plays in there. couple incredibly unacceptable decisions/throws especially in the redzone.

also the clean pocket thing kind of works against the argument that hes always scared. the bad interceptions are just bad throws.

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

i mean im no DC apologist but there were a few great defensive plays in there. couple incredibly unacceptable decisions/throws especially in the redzone.

also the clean pocket thing kind of works against the argument that hes always scared. the bad interceptions are just bad throws.

Great defensive plays. Which ones?. The breeland one maybe. The rest was just reads and misreads of the defense by Carr. 

• Like 1