New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

I'd move on from Carr for a second round pick, no problem. Reason for this is, for me, the probability of him being the 4ranchise is just as high as that second round pick turning into a quality player, even if it isn't QB. With the way the offensive philosophy tilted towards more run, we can get possibly get away with game manager-type play for much cheaper, ie. Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, even Mariota. All of these dudes could probably pull the same over all record with the same team as Carr. Just my opinion and unedited thoughts regarding the topic.

• Like 2

Whenever you have a strong position/belief, you will usually 'attract' the opposition. That's all I'm seeing and the louder one side gets the louder the other side defends the opposite. Doesn't matter what the topic but it's usually true. If the Raiders were winning we'd turn the opposition to something outside of us but because were not winners we turn it internally. Fun to watch and soooo predictable. Pavlov's dog at it's finest.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

If we can upgrade from Carr I’m for it. I just don’t think we can unless it’s taking Burrow, which will never happen. 

Tua is 100% an upgrade from Carr. One of the best QBs I’ve scouted in a while. 

Jordan Love also has the potential to be an upgrade from Carr with one year on the bench. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Tua, Eason, Love

Eason and Love need 2 years of development before starting.  Tua is going to be too costly (I really see a team trading up to #3 for him), not to mention I honestly don’t love him as a prospect.  
what the “Carr defenders” aka “Carr Insurance posters” are saying is we’ll certainly throw him The wolves if you offer us something better and logical.  I’ve yet to hear a single logic plan that has Carr released or traded this offseason.  Carr supporter don’t want to go into rebuild mode.  We all are down to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round but there aren’t many great options.  
In a dream world Frohm falls to the 3rd and we draft him.  But even Frohm has very limited upside beyond what he is now.  He’d have to play Year 2 and most definitely struggle until mid year 3 and at best he’s a Carr with less arm.

the options are just so limited.  Maybe we should try to move 19 for a early 2nd and future 1st and prey we can parlay 2 ‘21 1sts into a Lawrence or fields?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Eason and Love need 2 years of development before starting.  Tua is going to be too costly (I really see a team trading up to #3 for him), not to mention I honestly don’t love him as a prospect.  
what the “Carr defenders” aka “Carr Insurance posters” are saying is we’ll certainly throw him The wolves if you offer us something better and logical.  I’ve yet to hear a single logic plan that has Carr released or traded this offseason.  Carr supporter don’t want to go into rebuild mode.  We all are down to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round but there aren’t many great options.  
In a dream world Frohm falls to the 3rd and we draft him.  But even Frohm has very limited upside beyond what he is now.  He’d have to play Year 2 and most definitely struggle until mid year 3 and at best he’s a Carr with less arm.

the options are just so limited.  Maybe we should try to move 19 for a early 2nd and future 1st and prey we can parlay 2 ‘21 1sts into a Lawrence or fields?

I've got one for you: get rid of Carr and replace him with a game manager type in free agency or via a trade using a 4/5/6/7; "game manager" is what his current skillset, demeanor and play style provides our team anyways. 

I've noticed a lot of trade Carr scenarios are paired with a draft a QB this year contingency. Why is it so far fetched to get rid of Carr and just sign a conservative stopgap?

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

The ONLY plan I can get behind is signing Tom Brady and trading Carr for a 2nd. 

Then trading back from 19 collecting a 2021 1st and another 2020 second.

And that is not realistic IMO. So Carr is the guy.

AS for the the bolded. Eason and Love will never beat out Carr for a starting spot. Burrow is the only guy that has a chance this year. 

Edited by OG_C2X

23 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

I've got one for you: get rid of Carr and replace him with a game manager type in free agency or via a trade using a 4/5/6/7; "game manager" is what his current skillset, demeanor and play style provides our team anyways. 

I've noticed a lot of trade Carr scenarios are paired with a draft a QB this year contingency. Why is it so far fetched to get rid of Carr and just sign a conservative stopgap?

It’s not far fetched? I don’t even dislike the idea.  

I’m solely uninterested in a 3 year rebuild.

If we could get a game manager:

-for 1 year only

-he’s got to be capable of leading us to a wild card birth

-no significant dead Cap or sunk cost (draft capital) if we get rid of him after 1 year)

- acquire a QB prospect that I like (i have to feel like he’s a better for the team than Carr by his 2nd year)

....then I’ll personally toss Carr out the house for all of us.

Who do you think we should get as a stop gap QB and whose the future QB?

* just so now one can say I went back on my word.... if I don’t like the idea that’s my right.  If you say sign Mariota to a deal that has dead Cap for releasing him following year 1 and draft Jordan Love in round 1 (i don’t think he’s a great prospect and that’s a major reach.... the guy isn’t Mahones2.0!) then I’m entitled to say no I don’t like it.  On the save side if it’s a valid option then I’m not going to make up a reason I don’t like it.  I don’t love Carr that much, I just want to win and win soon.

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

AS for the the bolded. Eason and Love will never beat out Carr for a starting spot. Burrow is the only guy that has a chance this year. 

I don’t think Eason and Love will be better than Carr,  either.

Nice Madden sim lol.  Brady isn’t coming here but if he would Carr’s instantly dead to us.  I also don’t believe Carr could fetch a 2nd round pick, unless it’s to Chicago.  I think he’d get us a 3rd (well them it’d be some sort of “2nd plus x for 3rd and Carr” swap.  I think (Just off my head) their the only team that needs a game manager to be a contender and isn’t in rebuild mode and would value (due to limited cap) Carr’s low cap hit versus going into and paying more for Bridgewater, etc in FA.

3 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Why are Carr supporters so sensitive? Those of us who believe it is time to move on are just explaining why we feel the way we do. It is of course negative because we want him gone sooner rather than later. 

I've said it a million times, I think he is a good guy. A really good guy. But, we need to make a business decision. If he gets another year, and I think he will, I will support him. I want the Raiders to win way more than I want to be right.

It's not about being sensitive. It's about being annoyed.  You dislike Carr and want to replace him, I don't think anyone cares about that. It's your opinion and your not alone. 

The point is, you guys keep posting the same pictures(like you just did). The same videos (like you just did), and saying the same things over and over and over and over.

We get it. You don't like him and want him replaced. Posting it 1,000 times doesn't add any value for anyone.

Stating your opinion or arguing a point is one thing, but a lot of the time it seems you're just bored and trolling for someone to argue with you.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

It really wouldn’t be a bad idea to trade #19 to move back even to the early 2nd round if we can also get a ‘21 first.  But we’re not going to get a 1st and 2nd.

I’m not trying to come off like a jerk, but you conceded my point.  We both agree there’s two options:

1.  Trade back from #19 for a 1st next year (which might not even be nice option, we can do some early digging but we literally would have to put everything on the line in that 15 min draft selection window and hope circumstances arise that would enable that to happen.... and if not the whole plan is ruined and our plan and team is screwed majorly) and then go with a vet who appears to give us hope early but ultimately sucks so much we get a top 6-8 pick (that’s a 4-5 win season) which we use a trade up along with the other teams first for Lawrence or Fields.  But most likely Lawrence would cost us 3 1sts, if even available.

2.  Keep Carr, relish in the fact his cap hit is low, continue to build around him, and blindly pray he can lead us to the playoffs again.

i admit they both suck.  However, I’ve been ignorantly believing this would be the year from age 7 to 35, following every offseason rumor around the clock, making mock offseasons that will bring us a title next year (yes even at 7-8’ish years old I knew our cap situation).  Honestly I need Carr!  I’m too deep into Raiders fandom and far from reality to know anything else.  I’m happier being blissfully ignorant of reality.  And I’m not the only one here like this.  Just accepted it another year or two lol.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Tua is 100% an upgrade from Carr. One of the best QBs I’ve scouted in a while. 

Jordan Love also has the potential to be an upgrade from Carr with one year on the bench. 

I think Love could be but definitely not year 1. And I don’t think Tua is falling to use.