New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

I’m not gonna post here from March 1st to March 11th (tampering period opening). Unless 1) Carr gets traded or 2) We make a deal for some other QB. So I’ll post in here a little bit tomorrow but this topic has had the same repeated takes, on both sides, for 86 pages now. There’s just not really anything left to be said. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The repeat pics do get annoying Lol

meh

gruden gets carr to the redzone then carr decides to 

a) fumble it into the end zone 

b) throw a pick

c) throw it away on 4th down 

d) score a td

imo we always have a 25% chance to score with carr as qb

if Option “d” happens then Carr’s a goat

If option a through c) happens gruden has a bad scoring offense 

am I doing it right?

So all of Grudens QBs have done the same? Common denominator is ?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not gonna post here from March 1st to March 11th (tampering period opening). Unless 1) Carr gets traded or 2) We make a deal for some other QB. So I’ll post in here a little bit tomorrow but this topic has had the same repeated takes, on both sides, for 86 pages now. There’s just not really anything left to be said. 

Great news, let’s see if you stick to it.

• Like 2

It’s gonna be a really, really crazy free agency. 

We could see ourselves sign Brady or Tannehil the first 48 hours and trade Carr the next day. 

If Brady and Tannehil stay with NE/Tenn, we could end up keeping Carr and he’s our 2020 Week 1 starter. But that means Jordan Love is in serious play at Pick 12. 

Ahhh, the suspense of FA/Draft is killing me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s gonna be a really, really crazy free agency. 

We could see ourselves sign Brady or Tannehil the first 48 hours and trade Carr the next day. 

If Brady and Tannehil stay with NE/Tenn, we could end up keeping Carr and he’s our 2020 Week 1 starter. But that means Jordan Love is in serious play at Pick 12. 

Ahhh, the suspense of FA/Draft is killing me. 

We can also see a cure for coronavirus, peace in the Middle East and a united Korean nation again when we wake up in the morning. 

This game is fun!!

Can’t wait to grab a drink after day 2 of the Draft with you (if you’re still planing on being there) and telling you, “maybe one day you will learn to listen to me.”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

We can also see a cure for coronavirus, peace in the Middle East and a united Korean nation again when we wake up in the morning. 

This game is fun!!

Can’t wait to grab a drink after day 2 of the Draft with you (if you’re still planing on being there) and telling you, “maybe one day you will learn to listen to me.”

So when you are wrong about Carr and whitehead what are you going to say? 

33 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So when you are wrong about Carr and whitehead what are you going to say? 

What did I say about Whitehead? That he was highly likely to stay on the team? Ok I’ll stand by that and happily be held accountable. That is more of a personal opinion based on nothing more than my own thoughts. Because of the lack of talent at that position and is more about his presence in the LB room and he can still be a productive 2 down SLB who comes out in Nickel sets, he is not a MLB that is for certain. His 6 Million cap savings isn’t peanuts. Unless we need it to make a major splash signing. 

Carr on the other hand is a little different of a situation. I think its 99% chance I'm eighty. If the 1% happens then I will skeptically say “I Hope they know what they are doing”. Because the only way it happens is a Brady/Rookie combo pack, THE ONLY WAY, and I am not sure anyone not named Burrow is an upgrade to Carr in the long run. Brady is an upgrade to Carr based on 2019 and I’m sure he will be in again 2020 if he stays healthy, he’s the GOAT. But I’m not not sure if the rookie will ever be better then Carr. 

But if it happens the first round is on me and the Belliago bar on Draft night. I get in Wednesday afternoon.

Edited by OG_C2X

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

This game is fun!!

That’s what I like about you, we go back and forth, but neither of take this to heart at all. If Carr remains the QB after the draft I could easily joke around with you, have some drinks, and make some Carr jokes about his three years and talk about maybe how he can be better for 2020. This is a internet forum, have zero resentment for anyone. Just passionate about the team and wanna improve. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s what I like about you, we go back and forth, but neither of take this to heart at all. When Carr remains the QB after the draft I could easily joke around with you, have some drinks, and make some Carr jokes about his three years and talk about maybe how he can be better for 2020. This is a internet forum, have zero resentment for anyone. Just passionate about the team and wanna improve. 

Lol people can’t offend me, especially people on the internet. At the end of the day we have the same goal, just a different approach to getting there.

btw I fixed that post for you with the bold. 😉

Anyone else see Mayocks interview on NFL Live today? Thought for sure someone would have posted it here, but I don't see it anywhere online. Strongest support I've seen him or Gruden give to Carr. Maybe that's why I can't find it online?

It's on my DVR though lol.

Found this at least: https://247sports.com/Article/Mike-Mayock-Derek-Carr-Tom-Brady-Raiders-rumors-144392769/

Edited by true2form
  • Like 2

I really do think Brady is coming here. I’ve just had this massive gut feeling he’ll be in Silver & Black since like November when his rumors came out and Carr started performing awful again. 

However, if Brady doesn’t come here, I really do hope Mayock and Gruden consider Jordan Love at 12, if he’s there (have a feeling he might shoot up above Herbert). Just look at that guy’s tape, can make every throw in the book. He’s a truly truly special talent. I usually hate project picks. Hate Herbert, hated Josh Allen, etc. But Love isn’t much of a project to me. He just needs a year on the bench and learn the playbook and NFL defenses. Carr can start in 2020.