BDL 2017 Week 2: Portland Horned Owls @ Singapore Sentinels

TedLavie

BDL 2017 Week 2: Portland Horned Owls @ Singapore Sentinels  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2017 at 02:00 PM

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think this was a really good match up. I agree that Portland has the advantage in the passing game vs the Sing Sing secondary, but I think that's negated by the strength of SirA's pass rush against Xmad weakened left side of his OL. Castonzo is SO BAD in pass pro (despite what @OleXmad has tried to sell us here), he's a major liability IRL and here, given the guy next to him is an average LT now forced to play out of position. So you put those two guys up against Everson Griffen and Aaron Donald? Derek Carr could get killed. Factored in Sing's solid line, very good offensive weapons I think they'll do just enough to win the game here. 

Welp time to shift the line again. 

Singapore has as talented a DL as one can own but like all teams right now, a quality secondary is needed for a strong performance against QBs like Carr who is protected well on the boundary. On the other side I like Big Ben's weapons but Glenn injury is huge and magnified when Ereck Flowers has to block against Robert Quinn. These two great QBs disappoint because these great defenses, so I can't find a victor here yet.

An in form Aaron Donald probably influences the match more but given he wasnt quite up to scratch I think Carr holds up better than anticipated. However he still gets his fair share of hits which will be tough given he's the besg protected qb in the game. The pass rush for Singapore should cover what is frankly a garbage secondary for bdl standards. On the other side of the ball I think Portland's D is better balanced but the matchup in terms of eveness is similar to their O vs Singapore's D and the experience of Ben along with homefield let Singapore pick up a valuable win. 24-20 Singapore.

12 hours ago, Jlash said:

Is a 5-2 defense basically the same thing as a 3-4 @SirA1?

Here's a really good article about it from a few years ago.

Basically the Wade Phillips version of the 3-4.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/1/3969150/strictly-my-opinion-the-5-2-defense 

I've got the front half figured out. Waiting on the youngry secondary to grow up but I like their potential.

52 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

So in one week the worst Receiving corps in the league is now unstoppable because of Sammy "Gimp" Watkins and a BDL street FA in Kearse?

Sammy's 100% Healthy and is easily a top 15 Receiver. Davante Adams is a weak no.1 WR  but strong no.2 WR. Kearse is....Eh. 

Let's not talk about the rest of my WR corps because oh god they suck. 

Archived