Young vs Simmons

LoganF89

So I know we all for the most part want chase young but after hearing del Rios comments about needing more speed on defense do you think Simmons is a possibility? I would love to get young but I don’t think we could go wrong at either position, especially bc we could honestly use Simmons at LB more than we could use another edge player.

if for some reason we traded down would you guys do a trade to the dolphins at #5 and pick up #18 in the process and take Simmons? Plus have another 1st rounder?

Just now, LoganF89 said:

So I know we all for the most part want chase young but after hearing del Rios comments about needing more speed on defense do you think Simmons is a possibility? I would love to get young but I don’t think we could go wrong at either position, especially bc we could honestly use Simmons at LB more than we could use another edge player.

if for some reason we traded down would you guys do a trade to the dolphins at #5 and pick up #18 in the process and take Simmons? Plus have another 1st rounder?

I think it’s a very real possibility and I’m almost scared but the gambler in me and just the love of a player that just disrupts a game Simmons is amazing. Favorite player in the draft!!! I love Chase. But you take Simmons and your wrong!!!! Your getting fired!!! Young is a monster he’s from Maryland and I’ve been watching this guy for a long time. I as much as picks are gold I would need Miami’s First next year their top 2 firsts this year and a 3rd at the least. And I only say that’s my starting point because you can say if Haskins doesn’t work out you have the ammo to get Lawrence or whoever.

But when I look at this class I like Dobbins but we have backs. Whirfs is good. But my issue is it’s not like we’re getting Simmons and maybe this amazing second option. I like this class and my rankings aren’t always popular but I have hits and misses and I just am not in love with this class outside of Simmons Young and Dobbins. Also Young plays the prime position. I recognize the playmaking ability of Simmons I loved every Clemson game he jumps off the field. But so does Chase.

Both have really high grades and Young is higher he’s the highest grade player. Honestly I’m so used to loving the under add it’s hard for me to pick this high its almost like being rich and frugal. It’s hard to buy a Ferrari when your comfortable with going bargain shopping. Multiple picks sounds nice. Any other year I’d trade back. But I honestly have never seen this type of pass rusher on the redskins in my life. I want to see a special player since ST. I think both will be special. But I think Young is the next D Ware, Von, Peppers, whoever. I actually believe in the youth here and I believe in Chase being special. I’d take him but Simmons makes it very hard to not want to trade back. But you get behind NY they probably love Simmons too. 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:36 PM, MKnight82 said:

I like Simmons but a pass rusher is more valuable than a coverage linebacker.  Young also dominated in a way Simmons never did.  Young is the pick.

Trying to send you a message @MKnight82 but it says you don't receive messages. Sorry to hijack the topic for a moment, but no real idea how to reach out to Mknight otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Trying to send you a message @MKnight82 but it says you don't receive messages. Sorry to hijack the topic for a moment, but no real idea how to reach out to Mknight otherwise. 

Hmmm.  I don't know why it would say that,  I do have two posters blocked but it shouldn't block everyone from sending me a PM.  I'll try to send you one and see if you can respond to it.  

On 1/18/2020 at 8:11 PM, LoganF89 said:

No. There isn’t a talent in this draft that compares to Chase Young. And the idea that we can’t pick a pass rusher because we’ve spent picks on DL that last few years is ridiculous. Kerrigan is old, Sweat wasn’t great and Anderson is garbage. Payne, Ioannidis and Allen are all 4-3 interior linemen. 

We don’t need to trade down and try and fill all of our holes in one year. It doesn’t work. Not to mention, all of these trade scenarios just assume the Dolphins want to part with picks to trade up and get a guy with a busted hip. Why wouldn’t they just sit there at 5 when he’d most likely be there or just take Herbert? Miami is just as bad as we are but some how they’re going to give up all their picks? I’m willing to bet Burrow, Young and Okudah are pretty much locked in with the first three picks. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No. There isn’t a talent in this draft that compares to Chase Young. And the idea that we can’t pick a pass rusher because we’ve spent picks on DL that last few years is ridiculous. Kerrigan is old, Sweat wasn’t great and Anderson is garbage. Payne, Ioannidis and Allen are all 4-3 interior linemen. 

We don’t need to trade down and try and fill all of our holes in one year. It doesn’t work. Not to mention, all of these trade scenarios just assume the Dolphins want to part with picks to trade up and get a guy with a busted hip. Why wouldn’t they just sit there at 5 when he’d most likely be there or just take Herbert? Miami is just as bad as we are but some how they’re going to give up all their picks? I’m willing to bet Burrow, Young and Okudah are pretty much locked in with the first three picks. 

This. I just don’t see why they trade up. I mean they can but I don’t at this point think they need too. Now we all know come April after the combine medical and a pro day if he gets there I can see him completely being in a trade up type situation if he’s completely healthy if he does those things I believe he is. But right now I can’t see why you think about coming up for a player we don’t know how it’s coming along

• Like 2