Young vs Simmons

LoganF89

I think it’s smart by Del Rio to say stuff that can leave the door open to a move. As of right now I’m in the “grab Young and walk away” camp, but if some unprecedented type deal comes along you have to consider it. It makes no sense for Del Rio or Rivera or anyone in the organization to say were taking Young. Either way, we get Chase Young, or we have multiple firsts this and next season, both are great positions to be in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, mike23md said:

Chase Young can also speed rush and just has the it factor that neither of our Edge rushers have. There are other ILB's in the draft and frankly, I like Cole Holcomb, Jon Bostic, and potentially Ryan Anders as the Sam Back - if we move to a 4-3 base. 

We are moving back to a 4-3, and Amen to liking Bostic being retained to be the MLB and Anderson as a SAM, but I’d like to find an upgrade there.

Plus, I like SDH & JHC as WLBs too - I like them more then Holcomb there & Holcomb in the middle. That being said, I do expect us to sign a LB - could be Corey Littleton to be our starting WLB.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I feel bad that he's going to waste away in Cincinnati but oh well...

Or next year he gets a coach worth playing for because people see his talent. I don’t believe in their staff. But maybe they just need a guy like Burrow. I think he’s actually legit and a real player to be excited about for a franchise. Burrow not only gave me something I’ve wanted to see for the last few years but he honestly was the most exciting watch in college football I’ve ever watched. But I’ve watched to see LSU with a QB. Last year watching him get comfortable I told my bud this year he’s gonna blow up and take them over the top. I had no idea he was gonna go all Pat Maholmes and just play out of his mind

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Or next year he gets a coach worth playing for because people see his talent. I don’t believe in their staff. But maybe they just need a guy like Burrow. I think he’s actually legit and a real player to be excited about for a franchise. Burrow not only gave me something I’ve wanted to see for the last few years but he honestly was the most exciting watch in college football I’ve ever watched. But I’ve watched to see LSU with a QB. Last year watching him get comfortable I told my bud this year he’s gonna blow up and take them over the top. I had no idea he was gonna go all Pat Maholmes and just play out of his mind

I just don't know, it's nothing against Burrow, I just don't think Mike Brown invests enough in his team for them to be a super bowl contender. They’ll be a playoff team, but not a super bowl contender. 

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just don't know, it's nothing against Burrow, I just don't think Mike Brown invests enough in his team for them to be a super bowl contender. They’ll be a playoff team, but not a super bowl contender. 

Yeah that is the sad part. But I do think he can play. But a few good drafts they can be young and cheap enough to make a run. But if he’s gonna be cheap they would lose him after a run because he could get expensive expensive if in 3 years he gets back to this type of level

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah that is the sad part. But I do think he can play. But a few good drafts they can be young and cheap enough to make a run. But if he’s gonna be cheap they would lose him after a run because he could get expensive expensive if in 3 years he gets back to this type of level

They literally don't sign good FAs ever, let alone top end high prices FAs. It's nearly impossible to build a super bowl team that way.

Maybe someone can help me out, but I think the last time the Bengals did sign a high prices FA was when they signed James Harrison and then had him play SLB in their 4-3 which was a disaster. He only played one year there and then they moved on. 

Edited by turtle28