Jump to content

The MMA Thread | Best FW on the planet, Volkanovski or McKee?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Anyone think the UFC will move to a different system like what ONE does? somewhat like high school and college wrestling where they do the hydration testing.

Was this just a curiosity on your part or did they mention something like this?

I'm not even 100% sure I know how it works

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was this just a curiosity on your part or did they mention something like this?

I'm not even 100% sure I know how it works

If the urine sample shows lack of hydration, you fail, thus resulting the same as missing weight. It's a much safer way to cut weight but I doubt Dana will ever allow it. Everyone that cuts the final 10 lbs of water weight for their weight class would essentially move up.

 

LW and WW in ONE are 170 and 185.

 

After stepping on the scale officially, the fighter provides a urine sample that is weighed and given a test to see if they are hydrated. If they aren't, they didn't make weight. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If the urine sample shows lack of hydration, you fail, thus resulting the same as missing weight. It's a much safer way to cut weight but I doubt Dana will ever allow it. Everyone that cuts the final 10 lbs of water weight for their weight class would essentially move up.

 

LW and WW in ONE are 170 and 185.

 

After stepping on the scale officially, the fighter provides a urine sample that is weighed and given a test to see if they are hydrated. If they aren't, they didn't make weight. 

Yikes i cant imagine he’d take that risk

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

 

It has been strange to see Conor be so respectful. I have a weird feeling he's going to lose tomorrow night. 

he was equally respectful before the cowboy fight 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Conor has some distinct advantages in this fight.  He is so quick, and accurate.  Poirier should definitely try to bully him up against the cage, and try to wear him out.  I am still shocked as to how big an underdog Poirier is.  Is he the underdog?  Yes...but 3 to 1?

 

As far as Khabib.  That's my dude, and the best p for p of all time, but.....

He told Uncle Dana he's retired.  This should be a title fight between Conor and Dustin.  If Khabib were to ever come back, it shouldn't be as the champ. (not that it would matter)  He would just win, and retire again anyways.

 

They should have done a lightweight tourney for the belt.  There certainly are 8 killers that would be down for that!!!!!

Mcgregor

Poirier

Chandler

Hooker

Gethje

Olivera

Ferguson

(possibly Holloway)

Edited by big poppa pump
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Conor has some distinct advantages in this fight.  He is so quick, and accurate.  Poirier should definitely try to bully him up against the cage, and try to wear him out.  I am still shocked as to how big an underdog Poirier is.  Is he the underdog?  Yes...but 3 to 1?

 

As far as Khabib.  That's my dude, and the best p for p of all time, but.....

He told Uncle Dana he's retired.  This should be a title fight between Conor and Dustin.  If Khabib were to ever come back, it shouldn't be as the champ. (not that it would matter)  He would just win, and retire again anyways.

 

They should have done a lightweight title for the belt.  There certainly are 8 killers that would be down for that!!!!!

Mcgregor

Poirier

Chandler

Hooker

Gethje

Olivera

Ferguson

(possibly Holloway)

Should've done something like a Grand Prix

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin Poirier vs Conor McGregor - 7 

Dan Hooker vs Michael Chandler - 6 

Khalil Roundtree vs Marcin Prachnio - 5 

Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Ribas - 4 

Brad Tavares vs Antonio Carlos Junior - 3

Jessica Eye vs Joanne Calderwood - 2 

Julianna Pena vs Sara McMann - 1 

@beekay414

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely agree they should've done something like a tournament but

1. There's no way they leave Nate Diaz off the list even if he is undeserving

2. I'd be surprised if Holloway made the move since he seems like he's on the way to another FW title fight soon enough and he'd want to put the weight on properly for a Grand Prix. 

3. There's no way they even allow something that fun to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I absolutely agree they should've done something like a tournament but

1. There's no way they leave Nate Diaz off the list even if he is undeserving

2. I'd be surprised if Holloway made the move since he seems like he's on the way to another FW title fight soon enough and he'd want to put the weight on properly for a Grand Prix. 

3. There's no way they even allow something that fun to happen

Of the worst business moves in the UFC for all of the elite fighters, this would be just below Khabib retiring. Max wouldn't be in the same class at 155. Only people at 145 in his class are Volk and probably a healthy Zabit. I don't see him doing it and Dana doesn't anymore. He said the only way he goes to 155 anytime soon is for a rematch with Conor because he can't see Conor sucking down to 145 ever again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Best FW on the planet, Volkanovski or McKee?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...