The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sterling said he'll be at 100% next month so they could do the rematch in the fall. Then you have to assume that the winner of TJ/Cory gets the next title shot. If O'Malley is able to get the fight finished quickly I'd love to see him fight again soon against Dominick Cruz. If he can beat Cruz then do Font/O'Malley for the #1 contender spot while the winner of Aljo/Yan and TJ/Cory fight for the belt. 

So you want Sean to fight Cody-then Cruz-then Font? Or was it just Cruz-Font?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also @JaguarCrazy2832 who does Cody even fight next? Maybe Frankie Edgar? If he losses again, especially by KO, can't imagine he'll be fighting much longer. 

I have no idea but his chin held up in his last fight at least but he was gun-shy. Frankie would be an interesting fight for sure. Marlon Moraes would be fireworks, someone dropping inside of 2 rounds

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have no idea but his chin held up in his last fight at least but he was gun-shy. Frankie would be an interesting fight for sure. Marlon Moraes would be fireworks, someone dropping inside of 2 rounds

Yeah his chin held up but Font isn't really a power puncher and Cody did a pretty good job of avoiding getting countered at all cost.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Given the rankings and the timing of all that I feel like Font wouldnt  take that fight if he wins his next one. Rob probably fights either the loser of Petr/Aljo or loser of TJ/Sandman

That's true. But as Dana has shown many times in the past the rankings mean nothing, O'Malley can jump pretty much everyone with a couple more impressive finishes. 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Fedor is fighting in Bellator again. No word who it's against but it's in Moscow.

Josh Barnett should be the move... really like the only fight I'd wanna see Fedor do at this point. Or maybe Machida at HW. Or sign JDS and do that. 

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm tired of watching kayla harrison crush cans... i dunno why dana is sitting on his hands. 

Yea she needs to come over. Idk if Amanda Nunes is even going to be around when Kayla is close to ready so maybe she'd be the new face of the division but also if Nunes retires will Dana even want the FW division?

11 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm tired of watching kayla harrison crush cans... i dunno why dana is sitting on his hands. 

I think she has 2 more fights on her contract. And the only reason 145 exists still is because Nunes wants to keep defending that belt. I wish Harrison could make 135.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:20 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Daily reminder than Usman is still afraid to fight Colby again. Confirmed by Abdelasneeze.

It is funny that he called for the immediate rematch with Masvidal who hadn't fought since their bout, which was extremely one sided, but won't fight Colby.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)