The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

42 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So Gane is going to wait for a title shot...thats gonna be a long wait. We dont even have a title fight booked yet and its not going to be him

If he waits for the winner of Francis/BB, that'd be fine. He said he has a kid on the way and wants to fix somethings in his game.

But if Bones decides he's ready after this next fight then it could be a long wait. I'd personally rather see Gane get it after the way Bones is playing it so hopefully Dana bypasses him to make a point. We all know how petty he can be lol.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

If he waits for the winner of Francis/BB, that'd be fine. He said he has a kid on the way and wants to fix somethings in his game.

But if Bones decides he's ready after this next fight then it could be a long wait. I'd personally rather see Gane get it after the way Bones is playing it so hopefully Dana bypasses him to make a point. We all know how petty he can be lol.

Thats my thinking as well. If Lewis is really the next title shot, then Gane cant wait because when Jon says he's ready all bets are off. No chance Dana makes a point and skips a ready Bones for Gane. Its not like Gane is putting people into the shadow realm or a major draw either

48 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats my thinking as well. If Lewis is really the next title shot, then Gane cant wait because when Jon says he's ready all bets are off. No chance Dana makes a point and skips a ready Bones for Gane. Its not like Gane is putting people into the shadow realm or a major draw either

After all that Jon has put Dana through, I could definitely see him making Bones sit as long as he's still under contract and can't go anywhere.

It would probably depend on who wins Francis/BB. If Francis wins, there's your draw for a Gane fight but if Lewis wins, they might need Bones' name value to sell it. 

17 minutes ago, JonStark said:

After all that Jon has put Dana through, I could definitely see him making Bones sit as long as he's still under contract and can't go anywhere.

It would probably depend on who wins Francis/BB. If Francis wins, there's your draw for a Gane fight but if Lewis wins, they might need Bones' name value to sell it. 

I just dont think he's going to operate that way. If Jones gives Dana a $ amount that Dana is willing to pay he will book that fight no matter what because it is the biggest fight to make without question. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just dont think he's going to operate that way. If Jones gives Dana a $ amount that Dana is willing to pay he will book that fight no matter what because it is the biggest fight to make without question. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he magically liked the UFC's number and "something happens to Derrick Lewis" 2 weeks before he fights Ngannou.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

If Lewis makes quick work of Gane, this could still happen BTW

Or if Gane makes quick work of Lewis. I don't see how Lewis has a shot in this one tbh.

Dana is so petty man. Francis agreed to September but that wasn't good enough, so he goes the complete opposite direction and makes an interim title. I'm pumped for Gane but that blows for Francis.  

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'm pumped for Gane but that blows for Francis.  

It has zero effect on Francis.

He's still got the belt. His next fight will be defending the belt. Nothing changes for him.

I don't get the hate everyone has over interim titles. It doesn't affect the champion at all, it just brings more hype to the title eliminator, as well as the eventual title fight that's going to be billed as champion vs champion. Why is that a bad thing?

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

Or if Gane makes quick work of Lewis. I don't see how Lewis has a shot in this one tbh.

Dana is so petty man. Francis agreed to September but that wasn't good enough, so he goes the complete opposite direction and makes an interim title. I'm pumped for Gane but that blows for Francis.  

Dana clearly wants a Gane vs Francis matchup in France as the first main event there and having two French champions facing each other is a great way to break into that market. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

I don't get the hate everyone has over interim titles. It doesn't affect the champion at all, it just brings more hype to the title eliminator, as well as the eventual title fight that's going to be billed as champion vs champion. Why is that a bad thing?

Because they're pointless, Francis offered to fight in September and just fought what, 3 months ago? Why give an IC belt out when other champions go like a year in between fights and the division just has to wait. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)