The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Because they're pointless, Francis offered to fight in September and just fought what, 3 months ago? Why give an IC belt out when other champions go like a year in between fights and the division just has to wait. 

Agreed, that is my only issue. I realize it has nothing to do with Francis and doesnt hurt him at all, might even help him but 3 months and that is too much? He agreed to a fight 6 months after his last one, how is that too much? I hope Lewis murks Gane just to mess with Dana but Gane outpoints him for 5

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

It has zero effect on Francis.

He's still got the belt. His next fight will be defending the belt. Nothing changes for him.

I don't get the hate everyone has over interim titles. It doesn't affect the champion at all, it just brings more hype to the title eliminator, as well as the eventual title fight that's going to be billed as champion vs champion. Why is that a bad thing?

I mean, it pushes his next fight and payday back a significant amount. If he was going to be ready for September, now he's probably looking like an end of the year fight.

Plus while I personally look at interim title fights as #1 contenders ones, not everyone feels that way. If I worked my entire life to get the belt and right away you give a secondary belt to someone else, I'd absolutely feel slighted. 

🤪

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/06/ufc-news-dana-white-reacts-francis-ngannou-manager-incompetent-blackballed

I love how Uncle D always likes to throw a little something out there to "bad rap" someone, (in regards to negotiations) but when they respond with the texts...emails....etc....  he has nothing to say back.  

Edited by big poppa pump
double post (meant to be edit)

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

So who thinks Lewis can/will knock out Gane?

I think Lewis CAN knock out Gane, and would never count him out of any fight (including late in the 5th rd) but I think that most likely Gane wins a decision, or wears him down, and gets a late finish.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If he steps in on short notice and stops Lewis he'd have a ton of leverage over the UFC.

2 MAJOR ifs and lets not act like he's the type of dude to take a short notice fight. He's the same dude that wouldnt fight Chael on short notice...Lewis is actually dangerous

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I think Lewis CAN knock out Gane, and would never count him out of any fight (including late in the 5th rd) but I think that most likely Gane wins a decision, or wears him down, and gets a late finish.

I think the bets really are:

Lewis by KO and/or Gane by Decision

I just dont see any other way of the fight going

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)