The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

E6Gv9qaXMAADCgB?format=jpg&name=900x900

I dont even know what youre doing. It seems like youre trolling a guy who youll never meet and who extraordinarily likely wont see this. Do you think youre fighting him? Why dont you like him, and also hillbilly is a fairly offensive term. 

12 hours ago, JonStark said:

Trash. People will say he was in a sort of shock from his injury but that doesn't make you a completely different person. I said all week that his trash talk was off from the old Conor (it seemed weak and forced), but this just proves that he's not mentally there. I don't know if the pressure of possibly being one loss away from losing his status got to him or what, but this looks bad.

Imagine if that was Khabib instead of Dustin. Khabib would've bumrushed him and tore his ankle right off. 

Nah, who really cares tbh. Its just trash talk, does any dummy think conors going to kill Dustin. Literally end his life while sleeping? NO, of course not. I get why Dustin takes offense, but why does anyone else care?

Also, Conors status is secure. First double champ ever, and one of the best featherweights of all time. He has the easiest out in the world, 100 mil (back then, multiples of that now probably) in the bank makes it hard to go be competitive with the elite of the elite who lock themselves in a cage to fight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I dont even know what youre doing. It seems like youre trolling a guy who youll never meet and who extraordinarily likely wont see this. Do you think youre fighting him? Why dont you like him, and also hillbilly is a fairly offensive term. 

I think DP is a hill billy 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I love how you celebrate a man breaking his leg. Says a lot about you tbh.

Please show me where I celebrated the injury? Or are you just one of those guys who put words in others' mouths to discredit their opinion? 

I was celebrating Poirier beating him for the second time. He was up 10-9, 10-8, and 10-8 and historically only gets better as the fight goes on while Conor fades. Poirier was going to win that fight no matter how many mental gymnastics you do to try to justify another outcome. If anything, he's the one that got robbed of a finish. 

Not to mention there is now three instances discovered where the initial fracture could have taken place. All three could have even contributed to weakening the leg. Basically your boy did it to himself by not learning how to set up his kicks and just throwing them as single shots. 

But none of that matters to you because he took the L and you need an excuse. That's all you will allow yourself to see and can only resort to pictures of old fights, calling him a hillbilly, and putting words in others' mouths. You're definitely a Conor fan.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think DP is a hill billy 

I think this is all very, very strange. do you want to be him? You jealous? Your Gf leave you cause your not him and your calling him a hillbilly to cope? Like which of those three options, I’m leaning the latter, right?

23 minutes ago, pwny said:

Absolute psychopath behavior.

Not great - dude needs help and he needs help quick. 

I know a lot of Conor fans will shrug this off as "selling a fight" but this is a potentially scary situation - there's probably some lunatic fan out there who thinks Conor will idolize them if they follow through on all these threats he's making against Porier and his family. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Soooooo back to something else. 

Who should get the next title shot after Colby? You think they try and book Leon v Burns or is Leon the obvious choice to be next?

UFC hates Leon and wants him to get one more win. If I'm Edwards I would be trying to get the Masvidal fight over a potential match up with Burns. Built in storyline w Jorge and stylistically a more favorable fight. 

Edwards shouldn't sit on his hands because we do have Luque vs Chiesa coming up and either one could leapfrog him with the way he's been getting screwed lately.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

UFC hates Leon and wants him to get one more win. If I'm Edwards I would be trying to get the Masvidal fight over a potential match up with Burns. Built in storyline w Jorge and stylistically a more favorable fight. 

Edwards shouldn't sit on his hands because we do have Luque vs Chiesa coming up and either one could leapfrog him with the way he's been getting screwed lately.

Thanks for typing this so I didn't have to. Basically my opinion to a tee. 

I'm not even 100% sold the UFC doesn't try to jump Edwards with Burns (especially if he would have finished Wonderboy). If you are willing to jump him with the Colby rematch, Burns basically is the same case right?

48 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Thanks for typing this so I didn't have to. Basically my opinion to a tee. 

I'm not even 100% sold the UFC doesn't try to jump Edwards with Burns (especially if he would have finished Wonderboy). If you are willing to jump him with the Colby rematch, Burns basically is the same case right?

I dont think Burns did himself any favors in that fight and he obviously didnt get the finish

As for the Leon/Jorge fight, like yea you can sell it but Leon winning doesnt really do anything and Jorge winning wont push him to the belt really after he just got starched by Usman. 

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think Burns did himself any favors in that fight and he obviously didnt get the finish

As for the Leon/Jorge fight, like yea you can sell it but Leon winning doesnt really do anything and Jorge winning wont push him to the belt really after he just got starched by Usman. 

Leon winning gives him the ranked win he needs to justify the title shot. I think it might even look better by the time the fight would happen as I assume Wonderboy and the loser of Chiesa/Luque will move down, thereby giving the UFC a reason to move Masvidal up the ranks by default to help sell the fight (like, he may be #5 instead of #7).

From UFC perspective, Masvidal is clearly more marketable than Edwards, so if Masvidal wins, it gives him a big win over the #3 ranked guy and keeps him relevant going forward. I think Edwards > Colby > and MAYBE one more gets Masvidal a third crack at the belt, even if Usman is still champ.