The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Someone is gonna have to talk me out of betting on RDA vs Islam. 

I feel like his kicks and ground game will be a big test for Islam, and he's probably going to be huge plus money to win. 

I literally came here to post about what a terrible fight I think this is because I believe there is essentially zero chance for RDA in this one. IMO this is a clear duck for my man Benny Dariush, but I don't blame him.

RDA has lost 4 of his last 6 (primarily by being grappled) and even Kevin Lee was looking good in the wrestling prior to gassing iirc. Islam is arguably a better wrestler than all of those opponents (there are arguments for Usman/Colby maybe, but I still think I'm taking Islam).

I imagine taking this fight means this will be the last or second to last fight in RDA's UFC career =( because he will be 2-5 in his last 7 and already has gone up in weight. I like RDA and I don't think he will be a complete pushover, but I see no path to victory for him. Even his striking is most effective in close range (dirty boxing/clinch) which is a spot he won't want to be vs Islam. He's not a rangy enough striker to give him a chance on the feet, IMO.

The money line is a fair point and you may have value here if it gets outrageous, but I certainly don't feel confident about an upset.

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I literally came here to post about what a terrible fight I think this is because I believe there is essentially zero chance for RDA in this one. IMO this is a clear duck for my man Benny Dariush, but I don't blame him.

RDA has lost 4 of his last 6 (primarily by being grappled) and even Kevin Lee was looking good in the wrestling prior to gassing iirc. Islam is arguably a better wrestler than all of those opponents (there are arguments for Usman/Colby maybe, but I still think I'm taking Islam).

I imagine taking this fight means this will be the last or second to last fight in RDA's UFC career =( because he will be 2-5 in his last 7 and already has gone up in weight. I like RDA and I don't think he will be a complete pushover, but I see no path to victory for him. Even his striking is most effective in close range (dirty boxing/clinch) which is a spot he won't want to be vs Islam. He's not a rangy enough striker to give him a chance on the feet, IMO.

The money line is a fair point and you may have value here if it gets outrageous, but I certainly don't feel confident about an upset.

Thank you for that. I feel like RDA is gonna be like +300 and it's really going to tempt me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Thank you for that. I feel like RDA is gonna be like +300 and it's really going to tempt me. 

Haha I actually had a sentence about how I felt like islam was like -200 in my mind, but I deleted it. I think if it gets to +300, I might be tempted myself =p

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

Someone is gonna have to talk me out of betting on RDA vs Islam. 

I feel like his kicks and ground game will be a big test for Islam, and he's probably going to be huge plus money to win. 

Young khabib vs better rda than what Islam will face. I think it ends in similar fashion. 

• Like 1