The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Gane is a preview of what Jones would be at Heavyweight and, so far, no true Heavyweights have an answer.

Jon Jones doesn't not have footwork or power like Gane. Jon is super stationary, one shot at a time fighter. He also has lost his two fights

• Like 1

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Jon Jones doesn't not have footwork or power like Gane. Jon is super stationary, one shot at a time fighter. He also has lost his two fights

What? Jon is undefeated regardless of what biased people watching a fight think.

Jones is the same caliber of athlete as Gane. Gane also has 4 finishes in 10 fights. Let's not pretend he has world stopper power.

The type of athlete that Gane/Jones are, are a problem for traditional heavyweights. There's no questioning that.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Heavyweights can't handle the leg kicks and the movement of a Gane and what exactly does Jones do? Yeah. Thanks. 

Jones is going to be a problem at Heavyweight and there's really nothing to argue against it. 

I agree with you generally speaking, but I do think Ngannou is the worst matchup for him, because JJ tends to use his size/length/reach (which won't be as big of an advantage at HW) and teep kicks to maintain distance as opposed to running/staying on a bike. Despite how good he is at this, he is still certainly hittable at times and I think a raw, powerful, wild brawler stands the best chance instead of someone trying to outpoint/technique him. 

With that being said, I still think Ngannou, Gane and Stipe are the only legitimate contests for JJ and I don't know if I would favor any of them against him.

• Like 2

Just now, Soggust said:

I agree with you generally speaking, but I do think Ngannou is the worst matchup for him, because JJ tends to use his size/length/reach (which won't be as big of an advantage at HW) and teep kicks to maintain distance as opposed to running/staying on a bike. Despite how good he is at this, he is still certainly hittable at times and I think a raw, powerful, wild brawler stands the best chance instead of someone trying to outpoint/technique him. 

With that being said, I still think Ngannou, Gane and Stipe are the only legitimate contests for JJ and I don't know if I would favor any of them against him.

For sure, I'm not saying Jones will run through everyone at HW like he did at 205 but he's going to be a top contender solely on his athleticism and the angles he provides in striking. They aren't used to unorthodox or supremely athletic strikers at heavyweight and Gane proves that. Jon may never actually win HW gold but he's going to get there and be a contender/threat rather quickly.

• Like 1

Gane is just on another level. I've been saying it for over a year. 

The feints, the switching of stances, the movements, he just does things that heavyweights don't do. Even when Bones moves up, he doesn't present the entire arsenal that Gane does. The only thing I think Bones has on Gane is his wrestling, but Gane is no joke on the ground either. 

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

wait who tf is this guy who scored the final round for Fiziev? That's the worst thing I've ever seen. 

I thought Fiziev won it 2-1, but round three to Green was as clear as it gets.

giving fiz the 3rd is the worst **** i've seen this year besides that PFL rory/tibau decision 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)