The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well Covington shouldn't be a better wrestler. Statistically, Usman lands way more strikes on the ground than Colby. Colby almost strictly uses his wrestling to tire people out or score points. Usman actually GnPs. These stats are kept, and again, Usman does significantly more damage on the ground than Colby. 

And Woodley doesn't even wrestle in any of his fights lol. 

Yea Woodley doesnt have the cardio for wrestling with all those muscles

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/stipe-miocic-medically-cleared-eye-injury-no-timeline-daniel-cormier-trilogy-ufc-fight

Stipe medically cleared, but says he is taking his time before he fights again.  Puts the hvyw belt in limbo again, and that sucks.

From his perspective, I get it though.  It's Cormier's fault that his eye is messed up, and not from strikes.  DC been eye poking folks for years.

Stipe needs to be 100% healthy for that rematch.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/stipe-miocic-medically-cleared-eye-injury-no-timeline-daniel-cormier-trilogy-ufc-fight

Stipe medically cleared, but says he is taking his time before he fights again.  Puts the hvyw belt in limbo again, and that sucks.

From his perspective, I get it though.  It's Cormier's fault that his eye is messed up, and not from strikes.  DC been eye poking folks for years.

Stipe needs to be 100% healthy for that rematch.

DC is a crybaby bum that got a lucky shot their first fight. Nothing was more satisfying than JJ headkicking him into next week and Stipe punching his brains out.

Jds coming in with a god awful gameplan here. His plan was to come in and only throw home run shots from the parking lot. And he kept getting caught with straight punches before could land, predictably. 

Idk if he thought he had Ngannou power, and could catch Curtis like Ngannou did, but clearly the wrong option. 

Chiesa is more than 3 inches taller than RDA lol. Math is hard I know

I was surprised to see RDA such a significant favorite, I would've bet on Chiesa

OMG Bisping is getting crapped on by DC and its hilarious lol

I love Chiesa but he is still so basic on the feet and those high kicks are just pitiful. RDA has him on the feet, Chiesa isn't doing much on the ground. Curious how they score this one

Chiesa is still a pillow puncher, has no power in his hands even after moving up and is very hittable but he can take most everyone down and is somewhat active there but nothing major this time around

Chiesa vs Colby is interesting, neither one of them can dodge a shot or knock anyone out. We know Colby wont break his jaw at least 

On 1/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Personally, I could see Conor being the underdog against Masvidal but if he is, it shouldn't be by much at all. The guy has 14 losses so he's not indestructible. He's had a helluva run though.

If the Khabib rematch is his next fight, although it shouldn't be, I think Conor makes it to the 5th round and loses by decision after Khabib dry humps him for 5 rounds. 

Conor is deadly if you give him a 2nd chance. Not necessarily based on a long track record of rematches. But based off his fighting IQ and ability to adjust and retime his strikes.

If Conor is focused and hungry, sorry but he is gonna be a tough out for EVERYONE. 

2 years off, unfocused and seemingly on the verge of a mental breakdown he took a round from Khabib and won multiple exchanges including early when he brilliantly was defending Khabib's takedown. Khabib eventually got him. Call me a fanboy, but ill never count out Conor.