The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

54 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/10/ufc-news-promotion-terminates-luis-penas-contract-after-learning-of-disturbing-allegations-in-domestic-violence-arrest

Read the part where Uncle Dana says "it could happen to anybody" in regards to cutting Jon Jones from the roster for HIS domestic violence charge.  Stop lying dude!!!!  You know you aren't cutting Jones!!!  If Peña was a big name, then he wouldn't be getting cut either!!!!!

Exactly, if violent Bob Ross was half as good as people expected coming off TUF he'd still be there

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like Leon is too level-headed to get stuck in a brawl. He seems perfectly content out-pointing people and getting a W that way much like the Nate fight

I generally agree with you and you are probably right, but I feel like this is different because Masvidal isn't a brawler. Sure, Leon isn't the type to just slug it out sloppily, but Masvidal won't do that. It will be a boxing chess match, which I think Leon will be more apt to play. 

Leon's a decent wrestler, but I don't see him grinding out Masvidal, who's grappling is also good. I think this comes down to Leon being able to stay rangy and kick him to death or stall him against the cage in the clinch. 

Leon opening as a slight fav, but man, I just feel like this is a really good matchup for Masvidal. 

Edited by Soggust

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)