The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

7 hours ago, Big Snack said:

I saw this earlier. I think we get Conor vs Masvidal for international fight week

Has to be right? Cant be Gaethje even though Conor is pushing for that too. Not to mention neither can take that fight in July and then fight Khabib unless its late in the year and thats too long away for Khabib

Could be Diaz 3 although that fight will always be there

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I get that part but many people have said he has to recover from Ramadan which means he won't fight until September barring travel restriction. 3-4 months to recover? Really?

I thought he said he’d fight in August

Im guessing the fasting is a hinderance plus arent most camps like 10-12 weeks? So fighting 3 months after Ramadan is normal

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

some worthwhile fights tomorrow 

then a decent card on saturday 

I am really interested to see how Lins does tonight - the dude has been on a finish roll for the past two years so I am expecting how to demolish Arlovski. 

Also excited for Borg/Simon and Hernandez/Dober - two great matchups. 

14 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I get that part but many people have said he has to recover from Ramadan which means he won't fight until September barring travel restriction. 3-4 months to recover? Really?

Probably has to add strength for the first few weeks after Ramadan and then has to have his normal training camp. Three months after Ramadan makes sense. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ever fasted for a month? It takes about a month to get back to normalcy.  August will be fight month. 

• Like 1

How would you handle the HW situation if you were the UFC considering I feel like this is an unprecedented situation

Stipe: Champion, was injured and now cant/wont train because his gym isnt open because of the OH laws

DC: Wants to fight Stipe, but would fight Ngannou if it was for the undisputed title meaning Stipe gets stripped

Ngannou: Literally cleaned out the entire division of potential challengers and deserves his title shot. After seeing what happened to Ferguson, I cant imagine Francis risks taking on anyone especially in a volatile division like HW. I know rankings dont matter but outside of Stipe/DC he's beaten the top guy Blaydes twice, JDS, loss to Lewis, just starched Rozenstruik. Hasn't fought Volko, crushed Overeem. There's nothing that makes sense other than for him to sit and wait but if Stipe/DC isnt until late Fall like Stipe says, then Francis might not fight for a year