The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

just read thru all of conor's tweets and it's pretty ******* hard to fathom why UFC brass seems so unaccommodating to getting conor on a card?? dude is hitting up dana regularly and they're like nah too soon. you got a guy that's fought like 2 times in 4 years or whatever and you're getting picky about the market and what the schedule says when you have a guy ready to fight now... i've kinda been irked with the mcgregor "season" falling thru, but i guess can't even fault him. i don't get it.  

16 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

just read thru all of conor's tweets and it's pretty ******* hard to fathom why UFC brass seems so unaccommodating to getting conor on a card?? dude is hitting up dana regularly and they're like nah too soon. you got a guy that's fought like 2 times in 4 years or whatever and you're getting picky about the market and what the schedule says when you have a guy ready to fight now... i've kinda been irked with the mcgregor "season" falling thru, but i guess can't even fault him. i don't get it.  

It seems pretty obvious to me. Who do you think he beats that sells? There's really not a fight to make where he is the favorite and sells. Maybe a Diaz brother fight? I don't want to see that but people might. Maybe Hallowday or Masvidal?🤷 There's just not a bunch of fights where he can win that'll make bank regardless of how it turns out.  

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Who do you think he beats that sells?

put him against gleison tibau it doesn't matter, dudes selling 1m 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Bruhs, Dana already said Conor isn't fighting without a crowd. 

i don't see why dana wouldn't wanna do the diego fight if he doesn't wanna put him in a risky fight or something without a crowd. he's down to fight. this is a rare chance where conor's not doing bs. it's just annoying they wanna put conor's career on hold for what could be like a year and half or even way more (after he basically wasted like 3 years) because they don't wanna put him in an event without a crowd.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I want to do another "Build A Card" draft in the fantasy/sim/gm league forum if anyone is down?

@JaguarCrazy2832 @FinneasGage @Blazer026 @Buckrock101 @11sanchez11 @BullsandBroncos @JonStark @big poppa pump

I'm down for a BAC, the voting is always a cluster but I absolutely wanna do a pick'em though! Confidence or otherwise is fine with me

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree Dana saving Conor for a fight that has a crowd is dumb as hell. You’re just gonna get him super rusty. If you don’t wanna risk him losing in a no-crowd (which we can all agree would be a horrendous business move to defend Dana), then give him some trash fighter...

Can you really give him a trash fighter though? That just seems like a Bellator move

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)