The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Cody!!!

Made Assuncao look real bad.

I've never liked a guy with such low fight IQ in recent memory because when he's smart he can be champion and we've seen it but man he has to think

How did you have round 1? I was surprised to see so many of the tweets coming in saying Cody didnt get the 1st

10 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Pretty pathetic that this is even a title fight to be honest....this weight division is extremely top heavy, and by that I mean 1 fighter.

Agreed. Like you hate to kill the division but what is there? Women's featherweight is worse than the flyweight division during DJ's run or the Tim Sylvia reign as HW champ

For God's sakes the UFC doesn't even have rankings for Women's Featherweight its so bad!

You almost wonder if having that division eventually causing a bad weight cut for Nunes that gets her to lose her title but who is there even there? GDR pieced her up good on the feet and cant cause problems but she cant stop the shot. I know Bullet is her toughest fight but she's a 125er. Women's strawweight is LOADED too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ariel hinted at Irene Aldana getting the next shot at 135 but I really want to see Nunes-Bullet 3. Truly feel like Shevchenko won the last fight and neither girl has a legit #1 contender for any of their divisions so why not do it a 3rd time?

Agreed. There seriously is no one else for either to fight right now. I dont love it when 2 divisions are held up but there's no one else right now. Let that fight happen. 

10 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Fight ended in the first round, when Felicia realized Nunes is a better grappler too. That was her only perceived path to victory coming in - somehow turn it into a BJJ match and win the fight there.

Just better everywhere - striking, grappling, athletics, coaching. Reminiscent of the Pennington fight. You've got 2020 WMMA vs 2010 WMMA.

All this was expected though, as was the mens 135 division showing it's the hottest division in the sport right now.

Idk if I agree with that but at the very least I hope it got some respect for the smaller fighters with casuals

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

tho he clarified while it is more likely it isn't necessarily what is next for VS

I'd much rather see Zhang defend her belt. Strawweight is stacked with challengers. Joanna probably needs to recover still. I'd love to see Suarez get a shot. I think that makes sense given Rose/Andrade are fighting soon but maybe Zhang should just fight the winner of that one?

30 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Could throw him in vs one of the Bantamweights thats lost last night?

He said he wants to fight somebody coming off of a win. He deserves it too. He has looked unbelievably good in his last few fights. I think he would sleep Garbrandt, to be honest with you. 

20 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

He said he wants to fight somebody coming off of a win. He deserves it too. He has looked unbelievably good in his last few fights. I think he would sleep Garbrandt, to be honest with you. 

As in someone in the Top-5 coming off a win? I mean I think fighting Sandhagen coming off a loss would still be a huge fight for O'Malley. Cant imagine the UFC would want to put him in vs Cody right now. Just makes more sense to have their paths cross later on

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As in someone in the Top-5 coming off a win? I mean I think fighting Sandhagen coming off a loss would still be a huge fight for O'Malley. Cant imagine the UFC would want to put him in vs Cody right now. Just makes more sense to have their paths cross later on

He didn't specify, just said in the post fight presser that he didn't have a name in mind but wanted somebody coming off of a win. It's all opinion, so take it for whatever it's worth, but I think O'Malley would beat Sandhagen with ease. Kid is special. 

10 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

He didn't specify, just said in the post fight presser that he didn't have a name in mind but wanted somebody coming off of a win. It's all opinion, so take it for whatever it's worth, but I think O'Malley would beat Sandhagen with ease. Kid is special. 

He's definitely special but I think given how stacked the division is, they dont need to rush him either. I bet if the UFC offered Sandhagen or Assuncao he'd take it. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)