The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yes. Depending on how the virus situation plays out I'm banking on that fight happening in July or August. 

Unless Ferguson beats Khabib. Than I'm sure Ferguson first title defense will be Conor McGregor 

Conor will wait til after Khabib/Ferguson and choose. If Khabib wins, Conor will probably fight Gaethje. If Ferguson wins, Conor will fight Ferguson imo

Edited by BillsGuy82

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Unless Ferguson beats Khabib. Than I'm sure Ferguson first title defense will be Conor McGregor 

Conor will wait til after Khabib/Ferguson and choose. If Khabib wins, Conor will probably fight Gaethje. If Ferguson wins, Conor will fight Ferguson imo

If Khabib wins he wont fight for a while because of Ramadan right?

Also if Tony wins, he probably wont be rushed back into a fight?

Heck Conor hasn't fought since January and wasn't even touched and Gaethje has been out for 6 months too? Why can't that fight take place in April and the winner gets the LW title shot?

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Based on everything that has been said I think Conor is more focused on getting that Khabib win back then winning a title.

It's crazy, JJ will go down as one of the greatest AND dumbest athletes of all time, across any sport. As much trouble as he has been in, he has still been able to maintain a level of greatness inside the octagon that is extremely impressive.

I can only imagine how great he would have been remembered had he consistently stayed the course. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Based on everything that has been said I think Conor is more focused on getting that Khabib win back then winning a title.

I am very curious what the UFC does if Tony wins and Conor doesnt fight Gaethje. Because on the 1 hand I think you're wrong, I think the UFC wants Conor in a title fight but at the same time Conor v Khabib doesnt have to be for a strap. Russia and Ireland dont care if either is the champ, they wanna see their guy win

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

It's crazy, JJ will go down as one of the greatest AND dumbest athletes of all time, across any sport. As much trouble as he has been in, he has still been able to maintain a level of greatness inside the octagon that is extremely impressive.

I can only imagine how great he would have been remembered had he consistently stayed the course. 

I trying to think of a GOAT athlete that did something so colossally stupid repeated times and I'm struggling. Given how difficult higher weight classes are to reign supreme forever, he was my GOAT for MMA. Just flat out unbelievable how he cant stay clean

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I trying to think of a GOAT athlete that did something so colossally stupid repeated times and I'm struggling. Given how difficult higher weight classes are to reign supreme forever, he was my GOAT for MMA. Just flat out unbelievable how he cant stay clean

I'm betting it wasn't as unusual as you'd think. It's just that the media has changed from trying to keep high profile people's public image clean to airing everyone's every indiscretion.

Tyson had the drug issues, domestic abuse, and rape conviction.

Favre had the drugs, booze, and affairs.

Jordan had the gambling, affairs, and assaulted multiple teammates.

I'm sure there's numerous other examples as well.

• Like 2

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)