Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beekay414

The MMA Thread | Fights return May 9th (Ferguson vs Gaethje)

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Theres gonna be some stacked cards when things get back to normal

I was thinking that too. Fighters are going to be dying to get in the cage.

Does anyone think we'll see Gaethje fight Conor next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does anyone think we'll see Gaethje fight Conor next?

Yes. Depending on how the virus situation plays out I'm banking on that fight happening in July or August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yes. Depending on how the virus situation plays out I'm banking on that fight happening in July or August. 

Unless Ferguson beats Khabib. Than I'm sure Ferguson first title defense will be Conor McGregor 

Conor will wait til after Khabib/Ferguson and choose. If Khabib wins, Conor will probably fight Gaethje. If Ferguson wins, Conor will fight Ferguson imo

Edited by BillsGuy82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Unless Ferguson beats Khabib. Than I'm sure Ferguson first title defense will be Conor McGregor 

Conor will wait til after Khabib/Ferguson and choose. If Khabib wins, Conor will probably fight Gaethje. If Ferguson wins, Conor will fight Ferguson imo

If Khabib wins he wont fight for a while because of Ramadan right?

Also if Tony wins, he probably wont be rushed back into a fight?

Heck Conor hasn't fought since January and wasn't even touched and Gaethje has been out for 6 months too? Why can't that fight take place in April and the winner gets the LW title shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Unless Ferguson beats Khabib. Than I'm sure Ferguson first title defense will be Conor McGregor 

Conor will wait til after Khabib/Ferguson and choose. If Khabib wins, Conor will probably fight Gaethje. If Ferguson wins, Conor will fight Ferguson imo

Based on everything that has been said I think Conor is more focused on getting that Khabib win back then winning a title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's crazy, JJ will go down as one of the greatest AND dumbest athletes of all time, across any sport. As much trouble as he has been in, he has still been able to maintain a level of greatness inside the octagon that is extremely impressive.

 

I can only imagine how great he would have been remembered had he consistently stayed the course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Based on everything that has been said I think Conor is more focused on getting that Khabib win back then winning a title.

I am very curious what the UFC does if Tony wins and Conor doesnt fight Gaethje. Because on the 1 hand I think you're wrong, I think the UFC wants Conor in a title fight but at the same time Conor v Khabib doesnt have to be for a strap. Russia and Ireland dont care if either is the champ, they wanna see their guy win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

It's crazy, JJ will go down as one of the greatest AND dumbest athletes of all time, across any sport. As much trouble as he has been in, he has still been able to maintain a level of greatness inside the octagon that is extremely impressive.

 

I can only imagine how great he would have been remembered had he consistently stayed the course. 

I trying to think of a GOAT athlete that did something so colossally stupid repeated times and I'm struggling. Given how difficult higher weight classes are to reign supreme forever, he was my GOAT for MMA. Just flat out unbelievable how he cant stay clean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. No worries. He’ll be gifted another decision in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I trying to think of a GOAT athlete that did something so colossally stupid repeated times and I'm struggling. Given how difficult higher weight classes are to reign supreme forever, he was my GOAT for MMA. Just flat out unbelievable how he cant stay clean

I'm betting it wasn't as unusual as you'd think. It's just that the media has changed from trying to keep high profile people's public image clean to airing everyone's every indiscretion.

Tyson had the drug issues, domestic abuse, and rape conviction.

Favre had the drugs, booze, and affairs.

Jordan had the gambling, affairs, and assaulted multiple teammates.

I'm sure there's numerous other examples as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×