Sign in to follow this  
beekay414

The MMA Thread | Fights return May 9th (Ferguson vs Gaethje)

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Based on everything that has been said I think Conor is more focused on getting that Khabib win back then winning a title.

Really? That bad of blood huh?

Anyone else really surprised the Khabib/Tony Presser seemed to get under Khabib's skin? After everything Conor said to him and Tony bothered him that much?

For the 6th time or whatever lost count now the fight has been scratched and won’t happen on the 18th. 

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

For the 6th time or whatever lost count now the fight has been scratched and won’t happen on the 18th. 

It's official?

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

It's official?

Khabib can’t fly out of Russia and Tony can’t fly out of the US so pretty much official.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Really? That bad of blood huh?

It'll be the biggest fight in the history of MMA. Huge paycheck, get the loss back, finally settle the beef. 

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Khabib can’t fly out of Russia and Tony can’t fly out of the US so pretty much official.

They're still trying to push on with the event and do Ferguson/Gathje. Why can't Tony fly out of the United States? 

Posted (edited)

Isn’t there a ban for flying out of the US. Maybe I’m wrong on that part. But that fight ain’t happening. Ariel did say that Gathje is who they’re talking about filling in that spot.

Edited by agarcia34

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Isn’t there a ban for flying out of the US. Maybe I’m wrong on that part. But that fight ain’t happening. Ariel did say that Gathje is who they’re talking about filling in that spot.

There's not an international travel ban in place as of now. The thing that doesn't make sense to me though, is why didn't Khabib come back to the United States? When there were rumors that Abu Dabi might be locked down he flew to Russia. And he knew that they were going to close Russia's borders for days now and stayed put instead of coming back to the United States. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Isn’t there a ban for flying out of the US. 

I don't think so. Maybe Russia banned ppl flying in. And if Khabib can't leave and Tony can't fly in, welp.

and ramadan starts right after the fight lol

so khabib prob won't fight until july-ish

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's not an international travel ban in place as of now. The thing that doesn't make sense to me though, is why didn't Khabib come back to the United States? When there were rumors that Abu Dabi might be locked down he flew to Russia. And he knew that they were going to close Russia's borders for days now and stayed put instead of coming back to the United States. 

He wants no part of Tony, that's why. 

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

and ramadan starts right after the fight lol

so khabib prob won't fight until july-ish

So Conor fights Khabib in July because Coronavirus is Tonys fault

John Kavanagh has been very cryptic on how his calendar is clear and he posted his calendar with the 18th being full and he posted a response to Ariel how there might be a possible 3rd option for Tony.