The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

21 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Belarus?

The president of Belarus doesn't believe the coronavirus is real and has compared it to "psychosis" - he also suggested drinking vodka as a way to stay healthy. 

There's a zero percent chance the fight will happen there. The whole organization would get too much heat. 

The thing that's really odd about Gathje stepping in to take the fight to me is that it means that Khabib really just did not want to fight Tony. Khabib and Gathje have the same management team so that means Khabib's agent knew the UFC's plans in terms of the venue, travel, logistics etc. So with that being said why didn't they fly Khabib back to the United States on a private jet (having known Russia was closing its borders for days) so that they could hammer everything out and make the fight happen? 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

There is no plans for any of these.

Dana said yesterday on social media that they plan to make an announcement toady. But regardless, if there's no plan for location, logistics, or travel, why would Ali negotiate the fight for Gathje?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dana said yesterday on social media that they plan to make an announcement toady. But regardless, if there's no plan for location, logistics, or travel, why would Ali negotiate the fight for Gathje?

Do you actually trust Dana that much?

Excited that Ferguson is fighting but man I'm curious how this is gonna go for him and where does Conor fit into all this? He was supposed to get the winner of Ferg/Khabib and now what? You cant give an interim title and not have a unification bout right? 

Unless this interim fight ends in a 1-sided 1st round beatdown I'd think McGregor wont fight the winner of this ME which really makes things interesting to see who he fights whether its Diaz or Masvidal but idk if he wants either of them honestly. 

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

Reading this article on Gaethje being hurt by a short camp, I'm not exactly giving him a pass on it. I feel like he wouldn't just take the fight if he wasn't in good enough shape. Maybe not the best shape of his life but still I feel like he'll be ready. He usually has great cardio and serious KO power. If Gaethje comes out strong early, he definitely can catch and finish Tony

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Excited that Ferguson is fighting but man I'm curious how this is gonna go for him and where does Conor fit into all this? He was supposed to get the winner of Ferg/Khabib and now what? You cant give an interim title and not have a unification bout right? 

Unless this interim fight ends in a 1-sided 1st round beatdown I'd think McGregor wont fight the winner of this ME which really makes things interesting to see who he fights whether its Diaz or Masvidal but idk if he wants either of them honestly. 

I think in an ideal world the winner of the Gathje/Ferguson fight comes out relatively healthy and would be ready to go again in July. Khabib can't fight in July anyway due to religious reasons and so he's likely looking at coming back in September or October. So you'd be able to do Conor vs the winner of Gathje/Tony in July on international fight week and then the winner of that bout against Khabib in the fall. 

And with either of those guys I think they'd jump at the chance to headline against Conor on International fight week. For Tony he'd get by far the biggest payday of his career and take another step towards cementing his legacy. It'd also be Gathje's biggest career payday plus from Ali's perspective having Gathje fight and potentially beat Conor sets up a unification bout for two of his clients at peak popularity and gives him pretty much total control of the direction of the division for the foreseeable future. 

If that doesn't happen though I think they have to do the trilogy fight with Nate and then go from there. 

Edited by NYRaider

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)