The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

He won't be. Chandler is literally flying to Abu Dhabi and weighing in no matter what. He's the replacement unless he gets injured.

I realize that just saying if the only thing standing in the way of that fight was simply having Ferguson as the replacement for Gaethje it would be rough to process 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not a Woodley fan but I hope he actually throws and lands that right hand and just starches Covington.

Me too. Its a weird storyline before the fighr though like its either:

Woodley throws hands and he wins

or

He doesn't and Colby wins

As if Woodley letting his hands go more is THE determining factor 

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think it was probably something in the contract that made Bellator move on from him. I don't think Chandler is going to get a title shot without fighting in the UFC. Rumor is that they couldn't come to an agreement for Poirier-Chandler for 254 so this was the alternate. Don't know if they talked Ferguson-Chandler or not.

Poirier came out and said he wanted to show Tony respect for backing him in the negotiation. I think those two have a silent gentlemen's agreement to make that fight happen. 

I'm sure if Khabib/Gaethje dropped out one of them would accept that, but you still have to respect them sticking together. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Poirier came out and said he wanted to show Tony respect for backing him in the negotiation. I think those two have a silent gentlemen's agreement to make that fight happen. 

I'm sure if Khabib/Gaethje dropped out one of them would accept that, but you still have to respect them sticking together. 

I respect it but damn as a fan it sucks. Either one of Tony/Dustin would be a better replacement than Chandler imo

• Like 1