The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

MMA World Champions

UFC
Men's
Heavyweight: Jon Jones (27-1; 1 NC) | Tom Aspinall (14-3)
Light Heavyweight: Alex Pereira (9-2)
Middleweight: Dricus du Plessis (21-2)
Welterweight: Leon Edwards (22-3; 1 NC)
Lightweight: Islam Makhachev (25-1)
Featherweight: Ilia Topuria (15-0)
Bantamweight: Sean O'Malley (18-1; 1 NC)
Flyweight: Alexandre Pantoja (27-5)

Women's
Bantamweight: Raquel Pennington (16-8)
Flyweight: Alexa Grasso (16-3-1)
Strawweight: Zhang Weili (24-3) 

Bellator
Men's
Heavyweight: Ryan Bader (31-7; 1 NC)
Light Heavyweight: Vacant
Middleweight: Johnny Eblen (14-0)
Welterweight: Jason Jackson (17-4)
Lightweight: Usman Nurmagomedov (17-0; 1 NC)
Featherweight: Patricio "Pitbull" Freire (35-7)

Bantamweight: Patchy Mix (19-1)

Women's
Featherweight: Cris "Cyborg" Justino (27-2; 1 NC)
Flyweight: Liz Carmouche (20-7)

ONE CHAMPIONSHIP
Men's
Heavyweight: Anatoly Malykhin (13-0)
Light Heavyweight: Anatoly Malykhin (13-0)
Middleweight: Reinier De Ridder (16-1) 
Welterweight: Christian Lee (17-4)
Lightweight: Christian Lee (17-4)
Featherweight: Tang Kai (17-2) | Thanh Le (14-3)
Bantamweight: Fabricio Andrade (9-2; 1 NC)
Flyweight: Demetrious Johnson (25-4-1)
Strawweight: Jarred Brooks (20-2; 1 NC)

Women's
Strawweight: Xiong Jing Nan (18-2)
Atomweight: Stamp Fairtex (11-2)

PFL (2023 season)
Men's
Heavyweight: Renan Ferreira (12-3; 3 NC)
Light Heavyweight: Impa Kasanganay (15-3)
Welterweight: Magomed Magomedkerimov (35-6)
Lightweight: Olivier Aubin-Mercier (21-5)
Featherweight: Jesus Pinedo (23-6-1)

Women's
Featherweight: Larissa Pacheco (23-4)

Rizin FF
Men's
Light Heavyweight: Vacant
Lightweight: Roberto de Souza (15-3)
Featherweight: Chihiro Suzuki (12-3; 1 NC)
Bantamweight: Kai Asakura (21-4)
Flyweight: Kyoji Horiguchi (32-5; 1 NC)

Women's
Super Atomweight: Seika Izawa (12-0)

Invicta FC
Featherweight: Vacant
Bantamweight: Talita Bernardo (10-4)
Flyweight: Vacant
Strawweight: Danni McCormack (8-2)

Atomweight: Vacant

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Let's continue the subject where people overrate Usman as a wrestler and Masvidal as a whole. He fought a Woodley who looked like he should retire and until he got Covington on the jaw, could've lost that fight as well. Ben Askren had no business in the UFC, evidently. Nate is just a pothead who's best days are behind him. Conor could beat Masvidal.

Khabib would own Usman. I bet a Welterweight Tony Ferguson would beat Usman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Let's continue the subject where people overrate Usman as a wrestler and Masvidal as a whole. He fought a Woodley who looked like he should retire and until he got Covington on the jaw, could've lost that fight as well. Ben Askren had no business in the UFC, evidently. Nate is just a pothead who's best days are behind him. Conor could beat Masvidal.

Khabib would own Usman. I bet a Welterweight Tony Ferguson would beat Usman.

We think alike 

Usman is being talked like he's a holy terror here and everywhere else. I'm not buying it. If Colby Covington had any type of power, Usman would've been floored he was getting hit so cleanly.

Disagree with Askren a bit although he was once overrated here.

Masvidal reminds me of a younger Cerrone, just a fun fighter to watch and follow but he's not unstoppable and could easily get dominated by Tyron Woodley on a good day

Khabib/Ferguson is gonna be a excellent fight and probably Khabibs toughest fight to date

And finally I think Conor will sit and wait for the Khabib/Ferguson winner. 12 hours ago I said the opposite. After hearing interviews I'm pretty sure he wants Khabib and Masvidal/Usman will be there next fights.. Gaethje gonna have to wait and take another fight 

No disrespect to Gaethje but after last night's statement win and the economic part. Conor is gonna jump him

Edited by BillsGuy82

2020 is gonna have some excellent fights potentially both in MMA and boxing

MMA

Adesanya v Romero

Adesanya/Romero v Costa

Jones v Miocic 

Khabib v Ferguson

Khabib/Ferguson v Conor

Masvidal v Usman

Cejudo v Aldo

Ngannou v Jairzinho

Covington v Masvidal 

Boxing

Spence / Crawford

Joshua / Usyk

Wilder / Fury 2 

Lomachenko / Davis 

Boxing / UFC

Nunes / Shields ( yes please )

Plus Floyd Mayweather UFC possibly, GSP/Khabib possibly

Gonna be a good fight year 

13 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We think alike 

Usman is being talked like he's a holy terror here and everywhere else. I'm not buying it. If Colby Covington had any type of power, Usman would've been floored he was getting hit so cleanly.

Disagree with Askren a bit although he was once overrated here.

Masvidal reminds me of a younger Cerrone, just a fun fighter to watch and follow but he's not unstoppable and could easily get dominated by Tyron Woodley on a good day

Khabib/Ferguson is gonna be a excellent fight and probably Khabibs toughest fight to date

And finally I think Conor will sit and wait for the Khabib/Ferguson winner. 12 hours ago I said the opposite. After hearing interviews I'm pretty sure he wants Khabib and Masvidal/Usman will be there next fights.. Gaethje gonna have to wait and take another fight 

No disrespect to Gaethje but after last night's statement win and the economic part. Conor is gonna jump him

Last night wasn’t a major statement imo. If anything it was what we all kind of expected. Realistically it would be ideal if Conor fought Masvidal and Gaethje got Khabib/Tony. I dont see it happening either

Usman isnt unbeatable by any stretch but he definitely is a tough out and a worthy champ. His wrestling is good enough to neutralize the best at it and has cardio for days. Yes Colby would’ve KOd him if he had power but anyone else and Usman would have tried to wrestle them

Ferguson has to be Khabibs toughest test to date stylistically although on resume it’s probably Conor

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@BillsGuy82 i like the matchups but if Jones/Miocic is there I’d think a Conor/Masvidal should be there too

Nothing is indicating to me Conor wants Masvidal. He wants Khabib and the LW strap. Us fans want Masvidal / Conor but it won't be next up for either

That being said I don't see Conor fighting 3 times this year. I 💯 believe it'll he's gonna wait for the winner of that fight

If you follow Jones on IG you'll see he's getting his body ready for HW. I think if he dismantles Reyes as expected, his next fight is for HW strap

Conor haters are down grading last night, some even going as far as saying Cerrone took a dive because they believe everything Nate Diaz spews.To finish someone like Cerrone at 170 pounds in 40 seconds after 15 months the off is impressive whether you like Conor or not imo

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Conor haters are down grading last night, some even going as far as saying Cerrone took a dive because they believe everything Nate Diaz spews.To finish someone like Cerrone at 170 pounds in 40 seconds after 15 months the off is impressive whether you like Conor or not imo

lol anyone that thinks Cerrone took a dive is an idiot. The look on Cerrone's face after the shoulders tells the entire story. Dude was hurt and, anyone that's seen Cowboy fight, knows that when he's hurt, he finds a way out. He's a god damn stud and a fun fighter but that's his fatal flaw. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Nothing is indicating to me Conor wants Masvidal. He wants Khabib and the LW strap. Us fans want Masvidal / Conor but it won't be next up for either

That being said I don't see Conor fighting 3 times this year. I 💯 believe it'll he's gonna wait for the winner of that fight

If you follow Jones on IG you'll see he's getting his body ready for HW. I think if he dismantles Reyes as expected, his next fight is for HW strap

Couldn’t he fight in July and then December?

I know he said he was going to fight Stipe before the Dom fight got announced so I’m not surprised but still Conor/Masvidal is still not farfetched

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Not a Conor hater at all but i just dont see how beating Cowboy should get him a title shot