The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

So Sergio Pettis was mentioned as the #1 contender for the Bellator Bantamweight title that Juan Archuleta won last night. Watching that fight, Archuleta is going to kill Sergio. He's just as fast, if not faster, and he lands with so much more power than Sergio does. I don't see any path to victory for Sergio in that fight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

So Sergio Pettis was mentioned as the #1 contender for the Bellator Bantamweight title that Juan Archuleta won last night. Watching that fight, Archuleta is going to kill Sergio. He's just as fast, if not faster, and he lands with so much more power than Sergio does. I don't see any path to victory for Sergio in that fight.

I agree 100% but I feel like alot of us said the same thing about Usman when he fought Woodley

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

is it though on the feet? He was seen as an incredibly pedestrian striker. 

Well, that's what I mean. Sergio doesn't have that "out" if he is beaten on the feet. Archuleta just took on the best grappler/submission artist in the 135 division and made it look easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Ehws8LVX0AASv7H?format=jpg&name=large

Should be a fun one.

Should be super fun and without alot of implications

I expect Colby to outwork TWood

No clue on Cerrone v Niko but should be crazy

Chimaev should win easily but who the heck knows if its that obvious

Is Johnny Walker the guy we all loved a few fights ago or is he just going to get takedown/subbed?

Wil Dern make weight and be the straw weight contender she was once touted as?

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So apparently Michael Chandler is going to be the replacement fighter if either Khabib or Gaethje get Covid or get injured. Dana today said that he was cutting weight and was going to weigh in no matter what happens.

I find it funny that Dana White says the UFC is way more talented than Bellator then this happens. 

I know Bellator has way less depth than the UFC though.

Just now, Blazer026 said:

I find it funny that Dana White says the UFC is way more talented than Bellator then this happens. 

I know Bellator has way less depth than the UFC though.

I think it was probably something in the contract that made Bellator move on from him. I don't think Chandler is going to get a title shot without fighting in the UFC. Rumor is that they couldn't come to an agreement for Poirier-Chandler for 254 so this was the alternate. Don't know if they talked Ferguson-Chandler or not.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)