The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

ranking my excitement for the probable next title fights 

(5) 125: Figueiredo v. Garbrandt (255)
(4) 135: Yan v. Sterling (announced kinda)
(6) 145: Volkanovski v. (winner of Zombie/Ortega probably)
(2) 155: Khabib v. Gaethje (254)
(8) 170: Usman v. Burns (256)
(1) 185: Adesanya v. Costa (253)
(9) 205: Reyes v. Blachowicz (253)
(3) 265: Stipe v. Francis (probably)

(7) 115: Zhang v. Namajunas (anncounced kinda)
(11) 125: Shevchenko v. Maia (255)
(10) 145: Nunes v. Anderson (256)

What was Markos thinking going into Dern's world? Dern is so nasty on the ground

Walker-Spann was awesome, back and forth and quickly too!! As soon as Walker got caught and on his back I thought it was over

Chimaev....WOW my eyes are buggin

Niko: I'm Good

Ref: Not you him LOL

Majority draw? idk I had it 28-28

The ME was as expected. TWood will never sniff a title shot again, just doesnt have it anymore

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

bruh

retire twood

or never fight a grappler again

heres the thing, yes hes slowed down a little but this is how hes always fought (mostly). he was never high volume, he would sit back and occasionally explode when there was an opening. He was never high volume, for all the wrestling pedigree he never used it a ton offensively. it was always let guy come to him, and then put them to sleep when they left themselves open. 

Now youre asking a guy who is nearing 40 to change the way his body works in a span of like 2 years? That may be physically impossible, but even if it could be done he obviously hasnt done it. hes not going to even have average cardio at this stage, hes too jacked and his body is too used to working in a certain way. most above average fighters who can push a pace and wrestle will make him look like he did tonight, and i dont think its fair to say woodley just doesnt care anymore. its just the sport has passed him by.... however the end result is the same, he should retire.

40 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

heres the thing, yes hes slowed down a little but this is how hes always fought (mostly). he was never high volume, he would sit back and occasionally explode when there was an opening. He was never high volume, for all the wrestling pedigree he never used it a ton offensively. it was always let guy come to him, and then put them to sleep when they left themselves open. 

Now youre asking a guy who is nearing 40 to change the way his body works in a span of like 2 years? That may be physically impossible, but even if it could be done he obviously hasnt done it. hes not going to even have average cardio at this stage, hes too jacked and his body is too used to working in a certain way. most above average fighters who can push a pace and wrestle will make him look like he did tonight, and i dont think its fair to say woodley just doesnt care anymore. its just the sport has passed him by.... however the end result is the same, he should retire.

I would be curious though if he fought a pure striker with no threat of a TD for him to defend how he'd fare. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)