The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

On 2020-01-21 at 7:29 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that its a strike while the iron is hot thing and if he loses to someone else it hurts a record breaking PPV opportunity so i guess its a facade that he’s worried about Conor facing Jorge

I've never once heard anything about Dana being worried about Conor facing Jorge. In fact hes said he will no longer question Conor wanting to fight at 170.

He's said Conor is asking for Khabib, Conor is on record wanting Khabib rematch. I'm not sure where Dana being worried is coming from ?

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I've never once heard anything about Dana being worried about Conor facing Jorge. In fact hes said he will no longer question Conor wanting to fight at 170.

He's said Conor is asking for Khabib, Conor is on record wanting Khabib rematch. I'm not sure where Dana being worried is coming from ?

He said Jorge was too big for him

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

You must not read or watch much of anything outside of this thread because he's said that Jorge is too big for Conor and that he didn't like the fight 2 or 3 times in video interviews.

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He said Jorge was too big for him

Yea I just searched it and he said at that time Conor didn't belong at 170 in the same paragraph after Masvidal/Askren. At the post fight after Cerrone fight he said "he'll never question Conor fighting at 170 again"

I think ultimately Conor will decide Masvidal or waiting on Khabib/Ferguson. I don't think Dana is worried whatsoever, at least not anymore. Both fights will make money, both fights are exciting to the fan base.

Regardless tho, I think Conor is the underdog in either fight 

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

You must not read or watch much of anything outside of this thread because he's said that Jorge is too big for Conor and that he didn't like the fight 2 or 3 times in video interviews.

You mean TMZ interviews? No I do not watch TMZ matter of fact. That's what google search came back to was a TMZ interview 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, Buckrock101 said:

Usman overrated as a wrestler? Absolutely not. He's one of the best wrestlers in the game, without a doubt. His wrestling and top control is a problem for just about anyone.

His striking, though, is very basic. He's got length, he's got decent power, but his defense is wide open. That's what makes a lot of matchups like Conor or Jorge so interesting. There's a definite path to victory, but getting there without ending up underneath Usman for 5 rounds is another thing.

He's laid on top of every man he's beaten besides Covington. He's only subbed 1 guy his whole career. He's gone to a decision in all of his UFC fights but 3. 

Covington and when he's on, Woodley, are both better MMA WRESTLERS than Usman. Woodley never wanted to be in the octagon and Covington and Usman both never went to the ground.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Conor or Jorge caught him and slept him. Colby wasn't a good test on the chin because all he is on his feet is a heavier max holloway.

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I guess we're not knowledgable or how's it go? "Casual" fans if we don't watch TMZ 😂😂

If they are actual interviews of the fights or breaking news, sure. 

Keep using your emojis if it makes you feel better buttercup. You're the one coming here and always telling people nothing they say has any strength to it. It's not just a TMZ interview where he may have said it, he's said it on interviews with ESPN. 

Personally, I could see Conor being the underdog against Masvidal but if he is, it shouldn't be by much at all. The guy has 14 losses so he's not indestructible. He's had a helluva run though.

If the Khabib rematch is his next fight, although it shouldn't be, I think Conor makes it to the 5th round and loses by decision after Khabib dry humps him for 5 rounds. 

12 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He's laid on top of every man he's beaten besides Covington. He's only subbed 1 guy his whole career. He's gone to a decision in all of his UFC fights but 3. 

Covington and when he's on, Woodley, are both better MMA WRESTLERS than Usman. Woodley never wanted to be in the octagon and Covington and Usman both never went to the ground.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Conor or Jorge caught him and slept him. Colby wasn't a good test on the chin because all he is on his feet is a heavier max holloway.

I'd say that's the mark of a good wrestler, no? Wrestling doesn't have submissions btw, so whether or not he gets subs has nothing to do with his wrestling.

and if Woodley's a better MMA wrestler, why did Kamaru out-wrestle him when they fought in MMA? 🧐

• Like 1

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

I'd say that's the mark of a good wrestler, no? Wrestling doesn't have submissions btw, so whether or not he gets subs has nothing to do with his wrestling.

and if Woodley's a better MMA wrestler, why did Kamaru out-wrestle him when they fought in MMA? 🧐

Because he didn't even want to be there in the cage that night. And no, the mark of a good wrestler in mma is working them into a position to either bash their face in or make them tap.

Askren is a great wrestler and MMA wrestler. 1/3 of his wins are submissions and TKO punches from being on top on ground and pound.

16 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If they are actual interviews of the fights or breaking news, sure. 

Keep using your emojis if it makes you feel better buttercup. You're the one coming here and always telling people nothing they say has any strength to it. It's not just a TMZ interview where he may have said it, he's said it on interviews with ESPN. 

Hahaha this is a forum, people debate on forums. That's is the point, to generate discussion not to tug each other off. I'm using recent interviews and recent news as references. If you wanna go back to summer 2019 and reference TMZ interviews, by all means have at her but don't your panties in a bunch 😂

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Hahaha this is a forum, people debate on forums. That's is the point, to generate discussion not to tug each other off. I'm using recent interviews and recent news as references. If you wanna go back to summer 2019 and reference TMZ interviews, by all means have at her but don't your panties in a bunch 😂

Whatever helps you sleep at night 

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Because he didn't even want to be there in the cage that night. And no, the mark of a good wrestler in mma is working them into a position to either bash their face in or make them tap.

Well Covington shouldn't be a better wrestler. Statistically, Usman lands way more strikes on the ground than Colby. Colby almost strictly uses his wrestling to tire people out or score points. Usman actually GnPs. These stats are kept, and again, Usman does significantly more damage on the ground than Colby. 

And Woodley doesn't even wrestle in any of his fights lol.