The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 4/15/2020 at 2:59 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

whenever that happens masvidal is going to get destroyed by usman. honestly the smart thing is for Jorge to avoid that fight and keep up the charade that the belt doesnt matter and hes the money guy.

I dunno, Masvidal on roids is scary. He's got insane power, and Kamaru's striking defense is elementary. Usman better hope he can get a takedown early on in at least the first few rounds.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If thats what happens you can wonder about the weight cut but still that was Gaethje's best chance. Tony is most vulnerable in the beginning and its been that way almost every fight he's been in. Even in the Lando fight he was rocked early. Now Gaethje has a tendency to KO people instead of just TKO so thats no good for Tony

this is a good post. new Gaethje (if this is a thing) is extremely scary for Tony. He's hittable af, and new Gaethje is clinical and accurate.

The question is whether this is a new Gaethje, or whether he's just been in some good matchups.

The fight fan in me wants old Gaethje to show up though, since classic Gaethje vs Tony is fight of the century material. You've got the two craziest mfers in lightweight history fighting each other? Hook that up to my veins.

17 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

I dunno, Masvidal on roids is scary. He's got insane power, and Kamaru's striking defense is elementary. Usman better hope he can get a takedown early on in at least the first few rounds.

Is there evidence out there Masvidal is on steroids or is this just a stupid post?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

this is a good post. new Gaethje (if this is a thing) is extremely scary for Tony. He's hittable af, and new Gaethje is clinical and accurate.

The question is whether this is a new Gaethje, or whether he's just been in some good matchups.

The fight fan in me wants old Gaethje to show up though, since classic Gaethje vs Tony is fight of the century material. You've got the two craziest mfers in lightweight history fighting each other? Hook that up to my veins.

I'm not sure if I should be glad you said that or insulted like "oh damn, look at that blind squirrel finding that nut, you go blind squirrel!" lol

Tony needs to get Gaethje in deep waters

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yea either Usman wasn't worried about Colby knocking him out at all or he is gonna die vs Masvidal if he doesnt get an early takedown. Colby's standup isnt good and he was landing good shots on Usman

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea either Usman wasn't worried about Colby knocking him out at all or he is gonna die vs Masvidal if he doesnt get an early takedown. Colby's standup isnt good and he was landing good shots on Usman

This is wrong though. For one, Look at what usman did to woodley who is unquestionably better than Masvidal. Secondly, Colby landed insane volume against lawler, whose also better (or at least was) than Masvidal.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)