The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Wait just a god damn minute...

Luque-Price is on the early preliminary card but Greg Hardy vs some rando is on the PPV? I REALLY hate that the UFC is trying so damn hard to make that POS happen. Luque-Price 100% belongs on the main card over that **** show of a fight. I understand putting Cowboy-Pettis on ESPN to get viewers but burying what could be the best fight of the night on the early prelims is ******* stupid.

Could not agree more. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Anyone betting on these fights? Cooking up a parlay I think i might go Cejudo, Francis, and u2.5 in the gaethje Ferguson fight.

I am, and I'm pretty heavy on Jacare and Cruz. Also like Pettis and sprinkle in a few parlays with finishes in Luque/Price, Francis/Jair, Tony/Gaethje.

2 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Anyone betting on these fights? Cooking up a parlay I think i might go Cejudo, Francis, and u2.5 in the gaethje Ferguson fight.

Not necessarily "betting" like you guys are but I did the $20 entry on Draft Kings with a 6 man lineup. 

Went with De Castro, Kattar, Luque, Gaethje, Cejudo, Pettis

15 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

top comment on EP 1 of Embedded

"If Tony wins this fight, he will have defended his interim title more than the last 5 undisputed lightweight champions defended their title each."

Good God that’s sad

Also if 2020 has its way(assuming the fight actually happens) then Tony will lose and I’ll be really sad

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Wait just a god damn minute...

Luque-Price is on the early preliminary card but Greg Hardy vs some rando is on the PPV? I REALLY hate that the UFC is trying so damn hard to make that POS happen. Luque-Price 100% belongs on the main card over that **** show of a fight. I understand putting Cowboy-Pettis on ESPN to get viewers but burying what could be the best fight of the night on the early prelims is ******* stupid.

Beekay you’ve followed this sport way more than me. You know better than to be surprised by this. For Gods sake CM Punk was on the main card 

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Beekay you’ve followed this sport way more than me. You know better than to be surprised by this. For Gods sake CM Punk was on the main card 

CM Punk also wasn't a POS who brutally beat his SO

Edited by beekay414

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

CM Punk also wasn't a POS who brutally beat his SO

Isn’t that part of why he’s on the main card though? Like people wanna see him get KTFO! Isnt that partly why Floyds fights are so huge, he does have a massive following but people wanna see him lose so badly too. 

I agree 100% that its so stupid he’s there but people wanna see him get finished

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isn’t that part of why he’s on the main card though? Like people wanna see him get KTFO! Isnt that partly why Floyds fights are so huge, he does have a massive following but people wanna see him lose so badly too. 

I agree 100% that its so stupid he’s there but people wanna see him get finished

I don't think that's the reasoning whatsoever, in regards to how the UFC is pushing Hardy. He had NO business whatsoever being in a fight with someone like Volkov this quickly. The UFC is pushing him because he's a HW knockout artist, not because they want him on PPV to get KO'd. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think that's the reasoning whatsoever, in regards to how the UFC is pushing Hardy. He had NO business whatsoever being in a fight with someone like Volkov this quickly. The UFC is pushing him because he's a HW knockout artist, not because they want him on PPV to get KO'd. 

Arent most HWs considered KO artists though? I think they’ll keep him on the main card going forward for a few more fights win or lose

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Arent most HWs considered KO artists though? I think they’ll keep him on the main card going forward for a few more fights win or lose

Do you consider DC and Stipe knockout artists or full blown MMA fighters? Same with Reem. Same with Cain. Same with Brock. Werdum. Blaydes. JDS.

The only notable pure KO artists, to me, are Ngannou, Lewis and Rozenstruik.

Edited by beekay414