The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He's shining moment is kneeing Ben Askren, who is the most overrated fighter in the world in the head. That's it. 

Nate Diaz? The guy who has won 1 fight in the past four years? We consider that a "helluva" win?

Masvidal is overrated. As a fighter and as someone with star power. Nobody is dying to see Masvidal fight anyone because if they were, Dana would be paying him as such. 

We're talking about what makes people a star. We aren't saying what makes a great resume. The fact is he's a name that beat another big name. Regardless of how you feel about Nate and his record or whatever he's a popular star in this sport that gets people's attention when he does something

Also LOL at Dana just paying his fighters what they want because the fans wanna see the fight. If that was the case we'd have Ngannou/Jones booked already too

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

250 wasn't great for the BIG names but Nunes and the bantamweight fights were going to be excited and we all knew it. People just dont love most of the smaller guys as much as the big boys, but I was excited

Also, is Volkanovski really this unbeatable guy? I just wasn't all that impressed when he beat Max. I get Henry going up that high would probably be a mistake FWIW

Just don't enjoy Nunes fights. Thoroughly enjoy Sterling fights and O'Malley. Also watched for Hooper.

and I don't think Volkanovski is unbeatable. He's just better than Max and Aldo. Aldo is a mindless goober that just swings his arms like a mad man. Max is an accurate volume puncher that can be beaten with power and leg kicks, ala Dustin and Volk. If Dustin was still FW, he'd run the division like Khabib. Conor would be Jon Jones of the FWs if he stayed there as well.

I know MMA math is derp derp but I honestly think if Conor and Dustin didn't move up, they'd own everyone in the division.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We're talking about what makes people a star. We aren't saying what makes a great resume. The fact is he's a name that beat another big name. Regardless of how you feel about Nate and his record or whatever he's a popular star in this sport that gets people's attention when he does something

Also LOL at Dana just paying his fighters what they want because the fans wanna see the fight. If that was the case we'd have Ngannou/Jones booked already too

And we wouldn't be seeing DC vs Stipe 3. I don't think DC makes it into the championship rounds.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Any reason why? I mean DC starched him in their 1st fight and was obviously winning the 2nd until the 4th round of body shots was taking its toll

1st fight he starches him with a lucky punch and then Stipe makes him look like the old washed up geezer that he is. I'd rather see Ngannou Jones or Jones Stipe

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are you saying Nate Diaz is a star? Because that's wild. 

Jones and Ngannou was never going to happen - there is zero reason for JBJ to ever take that fight unless he is making an insane amount of money. He has absolutely nothing to gain by fighting Ngannou. The media hyped it up to be something that it is not and was never going to be. 

53 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Dana would be paying him as such. 

he almost doesn't pay anyone their worth lol

I think fighters get 19% of revenue lol

especially if they had a contract signed before their breakout 

which is why all of them are mad rn, some dude just put it out there recently 

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

1st fight he starches him with a lucky punch and then Stipe makes him look like the old washed up geezer that he is. I'd rather see Ngannou Jones or Jones Stipe

Yeah, you need to rewatch DC-Stipe 2. DC was up 3-0 on Stipe before going out. Stipe was getting pieced up quite a bit then made the body shot adjustment late in the 3rd and it worked out for him in the 4th. I don't think DC chases the KO in the 3rd fight like he did in the 2nd. He gassed himself out throwing everything behind his shots. 

Edited by beekay414

12 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

250 was so bad I hope they just move on.

i strongly disagree. 250 was one of the most entertaining nights of fights I can remember in a while. 

7 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Masvidal knows he’d get worked by Usman, probably made his demands unrealistic to save face publicly

I agree. Masvidal doesn't stand more than a puncher's chance against Usman and I think he knows that. He's one fight away from superstardom, and he's not going to get there getting ragdolled in a championship match. 

13 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

he almost doesn't pay anyone their worth lol

I think fighters get 19% of revenue lol

especially if they had a contract signed before their breakout 

which is why all of them are mad rn, some dude just put it out there recently 

The only fighter that is worth something to Dana White is McGregor - he is the only star the UFC has and I would say that he is compensated as such.

He doesn't have to pay the likes of Jones, Masvidal, Cejudo etc what they think they're worth because at the end of the day the UFC will be fine with our without them and Dana knows that. 

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, you need to rewatch DC-Stipe 2. DC was up 3-0 on Stipe before going out. Stipe was getting pieced up quite a bit then made the body shot adjustment late in the 3rd and it worked out for him in the 4th. I don't think DC chases the KO in the 3rd fight like he did in the 2nd. He gassed himself out throwing everything behind his shots. 

Even if it was 2-1 how does a washed up old geezer win 2 rounds in a championship fight?

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)