The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Wonderboy over Holland was one of the easiest calls I've made in my life and probably the easiest since Islam over Oliveira (I got bet receipts). I was literally mind blown when I found out Holland was the favorite (same with Jack over Roman, which made no sense to me).

I love them both, but technical styles beat slick styles 100% of the time. Like, Charles Oliveira is obviously a super slick and talented grappler, but there are levels to this (compared to Islam). Holland is a super slick and talented striker, but there are levels to this (compared to a Wonderboy/Izzy).

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:23 AM, Soggust said:

Wonderboy over Holland was one of the easiest calls I've made in my life and probably the easiest since Islam over Oliveira (I got bet receipts). I was literally mind blown when I found out Holland was the favorite (same with Jack over Roman, which made no sense to me).

I love them both, but technical styles beat slick styles 100% of the time. Like, Charles Oliveira is obviously a super slick and talented grappler, but there are levels to this (compared to Islam). Holland is a super slick and talented striker, but there are levels to this (compared to a Wonderboy/Izzy).

islam/Olives was like 6 weeks ago...weird brag

Holland is a fan favorite so when it opened -110/-110 you knew it would get steamed

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

islam/Olives was like 6 weeks ago...weird brag

Holland is a fan favorite so when it opened -110/-110 you knew it would get steamed

"I got bet receipts" was in reference to Wonderboy, not Islam.

There is no "brag" lol, trust me I'm the worst bettor on earth and even worse in my favorite sport. I'm mentioning it because it just seemed SO obvious. I was literally googling "why is Kevin Holland the favorite". I only mentioned the receipts because I realize I'm coming in here late with hindsight, so its easy to say now, but I have been thinking this since I noticed the line on Friday or whatever.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Why does Paddy remind me of

paddy-pimblett-ufc-fight-night-203-media-day.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

This guy

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4744hs5o5lgrf6rjjg3e

I know this is supposed to be a tailored match to build Paddy, but I can't help thinking Gordon is a bad matchup for him. 

Everyone is talking about Paddy taking him down, but I seem to recall Gordon being very legit on the ground, outside of the Dawson fight. I mean, he trains with John Danaher, so there's no way he's a fish out of water against Paddy.

Is the thought that Paddy is going to piece him up or decision him somehow? What's his path to victory?

At +200 for Gordon, I might be tempted to take a bite on the underdog here. 

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

I know this is supposed to be a tailored match to build Paddy, but I can't help thinking Gordon is a bad matchup for him. 

Everyone is talking about Paddy taking him down, but I seem to recall Gordon being very legit on the ground, outside of the Dawson fight. I mean, he trains with John Danaher, so there's no way he's a fish out of water against Paddy.

Is the thought that Paddy is going to piece him up or decision him somehow? What's his path to victory?

At +200 for Gordon, I might be tempted to take a bite on the underdog here. 

I'm actually fairly confident Paddy takes him out on the feet, and I'm far from being on his hype train. I just don't think Gordon is very good. 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)