The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I liked Conor's game plan. Its what he did against Nate the second time. Attack the leg and shop him down. like I said give him props for not giving up when on his back like we seen before.

Yeah Conor had a solid strategy. Porier can’t get many leg kicks in if Conor is the one delivering them. Seemed like his gameplan was working until Porier got him against the cage. 

I wish we could rewind and watch another fight. A lot of disappointment here. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Conor is 33 years old, anyone that thinks he's "done" is, well, as politely as I can say it, not smart.

It’s not just about age, it’s about tread left on the tires and also how much time is being devoted to fighting.

When McGregor was running through people all he did was fight and train to fight. 

Now he’s got clothing brands, merchandise sales, advertisements, etc all taking up time in his daily routine. 

He also no longer has the devastating power advantage that he did compared to his opponents now like he did at lighter weights.

I thinks it’s VERY safe to say he’s on the back nine of his career, and close to the 18th.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I thinks it’s VERY safe to say he’s on the back nine of his career, and close to the 18th.

He's not elite like he was, absolutely, but he's the furthest thing from "done." Done is BJ Penn or Gray Maynard. McGregor is still a highly competitive fighter regardless of what he once was. Just because he's no longer a freight train, doesn't mean he's done. He soared to heights nobody ever has and no he's dealing with the fallout. 

He's "done" in the same way Aaron Rodgers was "done" in 2019.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't matter. He's a draw regardless. 

For how many more fights though? Yes his trash talking helped, but it was his amazing performances that truly got ppl to tune in.

If he loses his next fight I don’t think he’ll be a guaranteed slam dunk anymore for the UFC with what he commands in PPV share and up front payment.