The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

Just re-watched the TJ/Cory fight!  I still think that it was Sandhagan's 3-2, but..... have to give Dillashaw a lot of credit for fighting through that cut...etc.....

I still think he's a scumb.g for using PED's, but he couldn't have been on them for this fight!!!!!  lol

21 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Just re-watched the TJ/Cory fight!  I still think that it was Sandhagan's 3-2, but..... have to give Dillashaw a lot of credit for fighting through that cut...etc.....

I still think he's a scumb.g for using PED's, but he couldn't have been on them for this fight!!!!!  lol

I scored it for TJ but it was super close. Sandhagen should be the alternate when TJ gets his shot

I thought for sure they'd stop the fight for that cut

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

sign me for this one 

Don't think Colby has done anything to warrant another title shot besides run his mouth, but can't deny that he presents the biggest challenge to Usman in the division and their first fight was an absolute classic.

Dunno which rematch I'm looking forward to more later this year. This one or Izzy/Rob 2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Don't think Colby has done anything to warrant another title shot besides run his mouth, but can't deny that he presents the biggest challenge to Usman in the division and their first fight was an absolute classic.

Dunno which rematch I'm looking forward to more later this year. This one or Izzy/Rob 2.

Probably Izzy/Rob for me just because Rob was such a rock at the top as a champion and like you said at least Rob earned his shot again whereas Colby beat Tyron who is more of a name than a top-tier guy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

They should've done Colby vs Edwards for the #1 contender spot. Edwards is 11-1 in his last 12 with his only loss coming to Usman, Colby is 9-1 in his last 10 with his only loss coming to Usman as well. 

Edwards is on a 9 fight winning streak and hasn't lost since 2015, which was a decision against Usman. But he definitely screwed himself with the eye poke and despite dominating Nate him getting wobbled late probably cost him a title shot. Nate doesn't lose fights, he just runs out of time, lol. 

The UFC giving Masvidal an immediate rematch without a win in between slowed up the division. 

Colby hasn't been active but who else would they really give the title shot too? Burns is #2 but just lost to Usman, Edwards is #3 but his last two fights kinda screwed his stock, Wonderboy is #4 but he's coming off of a loss, Chiesa/Luque are #5/#6 but they're fighting next month, and Masvidal is #7 but is coming off of back to back losses to Usman. 

IIRC Colby was up on the judges score cards heading into the 5th round. And with Conor out for the foreseeable future, the UFC needs to put on fights that can maximize PPV sales. Colby is cringe but at least you know he'll promote the fight and stir the pot a ton to get fans interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Probably Izzy/Rob for me just because Rob was such a rock at the top as a champion and like you said at least Rob earned his shot again whereas Colby beat Tyron who is more of a name than a top-tier guy. 

I like Rob but I think the fight will be pretty similar to the first one. Izzy's kind of like Conor in the sense that he's more of an accurate puncher than a power puncher which is why he has really only been able to KO guys that he had a significant size advantage over. 

I think the Colby/Usman fight will be entertaining, Colby has the cardio to push the pace and we haven't really seen him fight much since Usman so maybe his striking will be a little cleaner. As we see in most bouts where both guys have strong wrestling and/or grappling I think it'll be another striking match. In Usman's 3 title fights against Masvidal/Woodley he secured 7 TD and in his 2 title fights against Burns/Colby he had 0. And after seeing what he just did to Burns/Masvidal on the feet, I think he'll probably finish Colby. But I could also foresee a scenario where he comes in aggressive, over extends, and gets clipped. 

On 7/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, big poppa pump said:

I would be VERY surprised if Colby wins the rematch!

Agreed. Colby wins using his cardio, pressure, and wrestling. I think this fight will be similar to the first fight where it's kept standing because both guys have strong wrestling to keep it on the feet. Colby has never shown the power to KO guys while Usman just baptized Burns/Masvidal, lol.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This about the Khabib tweet mentioning Covid and his Dad? He has gone off the rails

Yes, but also just everything he has been tweeting. You lost, your leg broke, stop making excuses, and move on. He legitimately gets drunk then goes on twitter rants, sobers up and deletes them. 

Taking a jab at Khabib's dads death though is just way, way, way too far. I understand him talking crap leading up to a fight and even defended him talking crap to Dustin post fight because emotions were high and I'm sure he had an adrenaline dump after the injury. 

But to mock someone's death unprovoked on the internet is just a POS move. 

• Like 4