The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

I think Gane is now the favorite in this fight.  It is crazy to think of Francis as an underdog in ANY fight...but I think it is warranted.  Gane has more striking tools than Ngannou, and if (big if) he avoids getting tagged with something big...he wins.  I really can't see Francis winning a 5 round decision.

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I think Gane is now the favorite in this fight.  It is crazy to think of Francis as an underdog in ANY fight...but I think it is warranted.  Gane has more striking tools than Ngannou, and if (big if) he avoids getting tagged with something big...he wins.  I really can't see Francis winning a 5 round decision.

Oh easily. And while there's no doubting his power. His technique is unrefined by a mile compared to Gane. Doesn't mean it doesn't work, look at Tony Ferguson pre Gaethje. But he still helicopter swings his arms way too much still and that will be a problem against Gane. Guys panic and get hit with a shot because they're scared of Francis' power (I mean who isn't) but I don't see Gane reacting like how Rozenstruik did to his helicopter arms

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Oh easily. And while there's no doubting his power. His technique is unrefined by a mile compared to Gane. Doesn't mean it doesn't work, look at Tony Ferguson pre Gaethje. But he still helicopter swings his arms way too much still and that will be a problem against Gane. Guys panic and get hit with a shot because they're scared of Francis' power (I mean who isn't) but I don't see Gane reacting like how Rozenstruik did to his helicopter arms

Yea I almost wonder if Francis goes the way of Werdum v Miocic. Werdum chased after Miocic with bad technique and Miocic sat down on a punch and dropped him

Have we ever seen this close of betting odds in a heavyweight fight? No money to be made in it this weekend. 

Ngannou keeps talking so much about boxing fury but what he doesn't realize is if he loses, fury won't box him lol. Talks about that more than Gane this week. Guy's head is in the clouds.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Have we ever seen this close of betting odds in a heavyweight fight? No money to be made in it this weekend. 

Ngannou keeps talking so much about boxing fury but what he doesn't realize is if he loses, fury won't box him lol. Talks about that more than Gane this week. Guy's head is in the clouds.

Problem is if he wins will he fight Fury? Champions clause takes effect 

Rooting big time for Francis so he can tell Dana to f@ck off and go make crazy money elsewhere. 

I haven’t really paid much attention to the UFC over the past month so I don’t know the whole details but it looks like UFC is short balling Francis and they’re hoping he losses. They can control Gane. 

Thank god for certain websites lol 

Also watched a video explaining the Francis situation and if he wins even tho it’s his last fight of his contract he can’t do anything till 2023. If he loses he can walk away and sign the next day elsewhere. If he losses he doesn’t get the Furry fight…., but if he DQs himself he can walk away and not have that loss on his record or hurt his chances of a Furry fight. 

If Francis is locked in I think he wins. It’s to early for Gane. Training for what like 3 years. He’s the favorite betting wise only cause of the stuff surrounding Francis. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)