The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Don't know if anyone watched tonight but Bryan Battle beat Tresean Gore, both from TUF. Bryan leaves no doubt of being the season winner. 3 minutes of control time and out struck gore.

I watched the fight and I came away with the impression that both guys aren't very good at all.

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Was funny watching Strickland get all buck the last 15 seconds of a fight he was just coasting for the most part. He's pretty good, but his whole persona of kill or be killed, trade with reckless abandon is fake lol.

Dude is a measured technician with good boxing skills. Good defensive fighter. Kind of a boring watch. He doesn't deserve a TS imo, I would like to see him fight Vettori or Costa next if Paulo is still a MW. 

I definitely agree with that too. For all of his talk he's a boring step back and jab fighter. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Was funny watching Strickland get all buck the last 15 seconds of a fight he was just coasting for the most part. He's pretty good, but his whole persona of kill or be killed, trade with reckless abandon is fake lol.

Dude is a measured technician with good boxing skills. Good defensive fighter. Kind of a boring watch. He doesn't deserve a TS imo, I would like to see him fight Vettori or Costa next if Paulo is still a MW. 

Yeah that was funny. His defensive performance was impressive, no doubt. To neutralize your opponent like that. But it's funny how he comes out and acts like he's a serial killer and then jabs and defends for the whole fight. Even funnier turning it on in the last 15 seconds like he did.

Split decision was kinda weird, but I guess you open yourself up for questionable judging when you don't land any substantial damage.

He's definitely a tough fight for anyone in the division, but he's also definitely a tool. A matchup vs either Adesanya or Whittaker is interesting, with how good they are on the feet. But I kinda think Brunson vs Cannonier winner makes more sense.

12 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Don't know if anyone watched tonight but Bryan Battle beat Tresean Gore, both from TUF. Bryan leaves no doubt of being the season winner. 3 minutes of control time and out struck gore.

Yea idk if Gore just always lacks volume or if his UFC debut got the best of him. Shocked to see him a -400 favorite live in R3

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

No chance the UFC lets Costa fight at 185 anymore right?

10 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Tbh I see anyone that's ranked at 185 having their way with them. 

Yea but I feel like thats kind of the idea of TUF right? Just like the contender series they aren't expected to go straight to the ranked fighters right? They SHOULD continue to improve. I think Battle improved alot last night compared to the Urbina fight

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)